Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yesterday I was reminded of this so here it is. A lot of you will remember the Star Treck series and movies and also who Kahn was. Kahn was a person that was ruthless and took no prisoners, someone that everyone knew to fear and to avoid if at all possible.

So, in my life at this particular time, Kahn would show up occasionally and I would do my best to avoid Kahn. Kahn could literally rip your head off in a second and just make life very miserable. In fact, it was pretty well know to those who knew Kahn to walk wide and keep your distance. One day, I was stuck in a situation where I had to deal with Kahn all day and I was really struggling. Kahn was on a tear and everyone was suffering, so I made a little suggestion. Immediately I was slammed with "WHAT? i DON'T NEED ANY OF THOSE!" Fortunately my junior officer spoke up and backed me up, "Yes you do mom, you are really bad this time!" My 13 year old daughter who was normally pretty quiet had spoken up. Kahn looked at the three of us and finally growled, "Okay, whatever!" Moments later, my daughter and son followed me out to the truck and we were off to Walmart to get a couple bottles of Midol. As I drove to Walmart, I described the situation as the Wrath of Kahn to which my 8 year old son quickly agreed. I also remembered the guy in the store at another time as he said "What? You can't be out of them, tell me that you are joking!"

Having said all of this, I am super happy that I never had to go through any of that myself, these hot and cold spells can be rough enough (kind of like second hand smoke). When my wife gripes about the temp in the house or vehicle, I remind her that I never touch the controls, she does. I was burning up in the truck one day and had to ask if I could turn the AC on. She said that she couldn't stand the cool air hitting her face, I reminded her that those vent thingies can either be closed or turned in another direction. Problem temporarily solved!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DirtLooter! We all have that bag of rocks to carry - if we're lucky!:laughing9: Live long and prosper!:thumbsup:

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
*"I've done far worse than kill you. I've hurt you. And I wish to go on... hurting you. I shall leave you as you left me, as you left her. Marooned for all eternity, in the center of a dead planet... buried alive. Buried alive."

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful! I had the same situation but Midol just didn't work. Come to find out, my Kahn was actually possesed by Satan and a whole host of demons. We just had to put it in a chained iron box and drop it out to sea.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread