THERE ARE A LOT OF DEAD PEOPLE WATCHING OVER IT.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
There are several ways to decipher the codes left for us here. It could be code for a number if it is a letter or it could be a letter if it's a number, It could mean exactly what it is, It could mean what it looks like, or it could mean what the Spanish used that symbol for. We also have a Spanish Tobias cross used that has a number at it's base tied to it. Some Spanish symbols are also carved into the lead pieces which are not old enough to be Spanish. The K.G.C. and O.A.K. here were well schooled in the use of the Spanish treasure symbols and some combine Indian symbols, as well as the symbols of the secret societies they belonged to. It is all so mystifying to see and think about. There was a Spanish expedition though. "The Villasur expedition of 1720 was a Spanish military expedition intended to check the growing French influence on the Great Plains of central North America. Led by Lieutenant-General Pedro de Villasur, the expedition was attacked in present-day Nebraska by a Pawnee and Otoe force. Forty-six of the Spaniards and their Indian allies were killed. The survivors retreated to their base in New Mexico."

Thanks L.C. I thought the Spanish symbols you mentioned were probably on your dug artifacts. I've read of the Villasur expedition. There was an important east-west trail that went from the Great Lakes to the upper Rockies. It seems that every time the Spanish got close to that trail they were attacked. Another Spanish expedition was wiped out in that general area. Coronado went to the 40th latitude and explored the area before he returned to New Mexico. There was a place in north Kansas called El Quartelejo that the French used as an outpost for awhile. I believe it was used to scout anybody approaching that trail from the south.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
L.C. the Norse, and some even say the Knights Templar were roaming around north America long before Columbus. The French settlements of Natchitoches in Louisiana started in 1714. The Spanish settlement of Nacogdoches in Texas was founded two years later. So some signs might well be French not Spanish.

Now for another cup of coffee and my full tobacco pouch. The number 74.

Senior Deacon

Hi Senior Deacon.

I've also found the number 74 used at a site to tie together different carvings. I mentioned the 19" by 18" box above but there were two other carvings tied in with it. One was an AF go to sign where the lines in the letters and the box they were inside measured 74" +or- a fraction of an inch. The other showed three symbols in a triangle that measured 74" again +or- a fraction of an inch. This last one showed three symbols that were the last markers of a cache site.

Do you know if 74 has any special meaning to the Masons. A simple yes or no will be good enough. Thanks.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
That is all very interesting analogy mdog and it is the kind of thinking that will solve the problem on the test put before us all. We also have the number 74 involved in the trail we are on. It is used on one of the pieces, this is an inverted digital image from my workbook that is actually a 1/2 inch wide by 1/4 inch tall and carved (and stamped) into a lead piece that was recovered from one of the cemeteries involved in this trail in the 1970's. I don't think it is a coincidence that in reality they were broke down by code into the use of two separate two digit numbers 18 and 74. Keep up the good work and please keep us informed of any future thoughts you may have. I for one am very interested.

L.C.
View attachment 1245259

P.S. Do you see what this O.A.K. bird is sitting on?:thumbsup:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/k...ghts-jesse-james-bird-symbol.html#post3898388

L.C.

I've seen the date 1784 used on what was supposed to be a treasure map but I don't believe the detail in the map would have been known in 1784 but it would have been known in 1874. I believe 1784 was the end of the American revolution. An interesting event I noticed in 1874 was the founding of the White League down in Louisiana. I've never studied O.A.K. but wasn't the founder from New Orleans? Maybe there is some connection there. 1886 was a date of importance where I am. I think it has something to do with the Washington Monument, another large obelisk.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
L.C.

I've seen the date 1784 used on what was supposed to be a treasure map but I don't believe the detail in the map would have been known in 1784 but it would have been known in 1874. I believe 1784 was the end of the American revolution. An interesting event I noticed in 1874 was the founding of the White League down in Louisiana. I've never studied O.A.K. but wasn't the founder from New Orleans? Maybe there is some connection there. 1886 was a date of importance where I am. I think it has something to do with the Washington Monument, another large obelisk.

I believe that Three of the founders of the O.A.K. are in this photo. J.S. Morton,Judah P.Benjamin, and Clement Vallandigham. According to a provost Marshal's report Vallandigham met with Jefferson Davis and several other high up traitors after he was banished to the South in 1863 somewhat exposing the Knights of the Golden Circle even more than they already were by that time. IMO, I believe that pictures were taken at almost every important event to remember it and capture the moment in time to be reflected on at a later date. Kind of a way of remembering, "That's the day we did something OUTSTANDING!"
Think about it as you look at this picture that has no names with it except for Vallandigham who is seated in the photo.
morton and Valadingham.jpg

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mdog not to my knowledge does the number 74 have anything significant in Masonic ritual, lore, or legend. Have broke out my references to see if there are any. Masonic numerology and astronomy are my week suit. Will report if I find anything important.

Senior Deacon

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Mdog not to my knowledge does the number 74 have anything significant in Masonic ritual, lore, or legend. Have broke out my references to see if there are any. Masonic numerology and astronomy are my week suit. Will report if I find anything important.

Senior Deacon

Thanks Senior Deacon. How about the number 11 or the letter K?

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mdog and L.C. in rereading this thread I have only one thing to add about the French and the Spanish. Especially in the plains of Kansas would have been the farthest west that the Lakota Sioux would have gone. Mainly because of the bison or buffalo. The name Sioux is a French term for cut throat. The French had a ferm alliance with the tribe. So if any other foreigners showed up they would have attacked and try to kill them before they could start any competing trade centers or post. It wasn't until the the American fur trade that any forts or post were west of the Rockies. That was in the 1820's.

St.Joseph, Missouri was the edge of the wild west. Santa Fe was the farthest west and north trade town in the west for the Spanish.

Senior Deacon

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't think of anything off hand that the number 11 is important. The letter K does it denotes a king a leader. It is in both the York and Scottish Rite as a shorthand for Knight. K.T.= Knights Templar

Senior Deacon

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
I can't think of anything off hand that the number 11 is important. The letter K does it denotes a king a leader. It is in both the York and Scottish Rite as a shorthand for Knight. K.T.= Knights Templar

Senior Deacon

Knights Templar, I was hoping you would say that. K.T. fits well. There were a lot of 19th century Templars in this area and some of the stuff seems to lean in that direction. Is there any reason they would hide some of their activities from other Masons?

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011

Senior Deacon

Would the letters D and T have a Templar connection other than the T standing for Templar. The D would come before the T.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
In this cipher and code the letter K is given. It is the only letter given in plain text, the rest are numbers. The letter K also appears on one of the crosses that was recovered. Also on one of the pieces there is a K.E.K. stamped into it.

Jan 14, 2014
southwest va
Detector(s) used
Garret ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the number 74 is important when you are researching cemeteries, especially when looking for a Masonic influence. I found a carved rectangle at a cache site that measured 19" by 18" for a total of 74". Long story short, other carvings and research led to a cemetery and a family plot that measured 19' by 18' for a total of 74'. I found this connection at a few other cemeteries. On the old maps, some cemeteries are marked cem with a cross by it. Sometime, the cross is above or below or in front of the cem. I've found the 74' connection when the cross follows the cem. This could be coincidence, if you look at the word cross and substitute numbers for letters you get c r o s s = 3+18+15+19+19=74. Also if you add the 3 and 15, you have two 18s and two 19s. Just something different.

DSCN3255.JPG

This looks like a 74 to me, but also looks sort of like 94. the tree is very old so it certainly has stretched a bit.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Where...? Are there lakes, near-by...? Go in direction, "arrow" is pointing, past MAYBE 2 lakes, or ponds. HH! Good Luck! :icon_thumleft:

Hey MusicMaker, this is a good tip from Rebel. The shape of the pond or small lake is important. If you find a lake or pond shaped like this, the name could be Horseshoe, if not today, maybe at some time in the past.

Hey Rebel, what made you think of a pond?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Hey MusicMaker, this is a good tip from Rebel. The shape of the pond or small lake is important. If you find a lake or pond shaped like this, the name could be Horseshoe, if not today, maybe at some time in the past.

Hey Rebel, what made you think of a pond?
HA! EXPERIENCE, my man... heh.

Jan 14, 2014
southwest va
Detector(s) used
Garret ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a few ponds around. Sounds though that I need to find a cemetery in the target location. I saw the word horseshoe in some literature recently that I had researched. And Rebel, it's in Virginia

Jan 14, 2014
southwest va
Detector(s) used
Garret ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Located a pond on an old map that no longer exists. The shapes are very similar, especially when you take into account how the shape in the tree may have become distorted from growth. The line that juts out from that shape even matches the feeder stream for that pond. It's a small pond. But in the target area. Also I've located a family cemetery in the target area

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Located a pond on an old map that no longer exists. The shapes are very similar, especially when you take into account how the shape in the tree may have become distorted from growth. The line that juts out from that shape even matches the feeder stream for that pond. It's a small pond. But in the target area. Also I've located a family cemetery in the target area

How big is your target area and how did you determine any boundaries?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread