These are the morons writing our laws

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
So, by way of the lady's logic, you throw the whole gun away when you have fired all the bullets in it? Or maybe when you have emptied your clip on your ar-15 you throw it away? That is her logic. So, how much does she know . . .

LOL! Have training to know BETTER; don't need AR-15, ANYWAY!

"If you can't run with the BIG DOGS, stay on the porch!"

BIG DOGS have rabies...

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well, I see that two have decided to edit my posts when quoting by adding content that did not exist.

Fix it now.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
duct_tape_zps4df19fc3.jpg

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
For anyone even remotely interested:

I hereby declare that i made the terrible mistake of adding my response post (the whole Joe Horn quotes) inbetween Chadeauxs 2 quotes....which unfortunately makes my quotes look like it was part of his post!
This happens sometimes and is always a genuine mistake and easily sorted out. My mistake, sorry!

You do get upset easily don't ya mate? lol.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel, you asked: "SO! You know MORE about guns than she. How old is YOUR son...? " My grandson just turned 11 and he has known what a magazine is for years. I think he was shooting an AR15 at about age 7. He shoots very well with it along with other weapons. He knows the difference between a revolver and a semi-auto. He knows the difference between a magazine and a clip. He also knows you can't fire a SKS with the clip still in the weapon. He also knows you don't use clips in AR's. How old do you think you have to be to have more understanding of weapons than this woman that should not be in government. If you are as familiar with weapons as you say you are, how come you aren't saying that this woman doesn't have enough understanding of weapons and how they are used and she should NOT be in a position to vote on what laws should cover them. It's another common sense scenario that some people are just not willing to admit. As intelligent as she is when it comes to guns I can't believe she has much understanding of the world in general.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rebel, you asked: "SO! You know MORE about guns than she. How old is YOUR son...? " My grandson just turned 11 and he has known what a magazine is for years. I think he was shooting an AR15 at about age 7. He shoots very well with it along with other weapons. He knows the difference between a revolver and a semi-auto. He knows the difference between a magazine and a clip. He also knows you can't fire a SKS with the clip still in the weapon. He also knows you don't use clips in AR's. How old do you think you have to be to have more understanding of weapons than this woman that should not be in government. If you are as familiar with weapons as you say you are, how come you aren't saying that this woman doesn't have enough understanding of weapons and how they are used and she should NOT be in a position to vote on what laws should cover them. It's another common sense scenario that some people are just not willing to admit. As intelligent as she is when it comes to guns I can't believe she has much understanding of the world in general.

Do you think that any of our elected officials know everything about what they are writing laws on?? Of course not. They are writing laws on every possible topic under the sun. This is nothing new what so ever. This is why congresspeople and senators have dozens and dozens and dozens of staffers. Very very few are experts in health care, finance, military science, biotechnology, etc, etc, ec. Yet everyday they are passing laws that impact all of this.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last warning on the racist remarks..........

Sometimes it's hard to get a point across and not be called one.

Example)
Say Lucy and linus are having a conversation:
Lucy"I voted for Obama because he's black.
Lucy" I'm so proud we have a black President"
Lucy"Having a black President is progress"
Lucy"Having a black President is a victory for diversity"

Linus" What about the deficit, Unemployment?
Linus"Benghazi,gas prices, immigration crisis?
Linus"Solyndra, national credit rating?
Lucy"?"
Lucy"You're just a raciest"
:laughing7:

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She has explained why she is so ill informed: "As I have learned in two decades of work on gun violence prevention issues, the gun lobby takes every opportunity to intimidate, and attempt to silence, anyone who stands up to fight to make our families safer," DeGette wrote. "They have done it for decades, and this week, as I continued my pursuit of common-sense gun violence prevention, I found myself in their sights." It's the gun lobby's fault!! I should have known. And picker, when you make a statement that is THAT far from reality, you shouldn't be voting on ANYTHING that will effect the lives of others. If she wants to simply say guns are bad, then fine, that's her choice but then don't keep talking because that eliminates any semblance of intelligence. I'd bet, if she was voting on whether Obamacare should cover abortions and she voted "No" stating that giving birth will remove the baby naturally, you'd agree she should be in government. THAT'S the problem ladies and gentlemen, that's the problem.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And picker, let me add what one of her BRILLIANT staffers, as you call them, said: Then, later in the day, in explaining the mistake, DeGette spokeswoman Juliet Johnson made another one.
"She simply misspoke in referring to 'magazines' when she should have referred to 'clips,' which cannot be reused because they don't have a feeding mechanism," Johnson said.
Clips, too, can be reloaded in almost every instance. So, apparently she needs a few dozen more "staffers" Geeezus!

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
She has explained why she is so ill informed: "As I have learned in two decades of work on gun violence prevention issues, the gun lobby takes every opportunity to intimidate, and attempt to silence, anyone who stands up to fight to make our families safer," DeGette wrote. "They have done it for decades, and this week, as I continued my pursuit of common-sense gun violence prevention, I found myself in their sights." It's the gun lobby's fault!! I should have known. And picker, when you make a statement that is THAT far from reality, you shouldn't be voting on ANYTHING that will effect the lives of others. If she wants to simply say guns are bad, then fine, that's her choice but then don't keep talking because that eliminates any semblance of intelligence. I'd bet, if she was voting on whether Obamacare should cover abortions and she voted "No" stating that giving birth will remove the baby naturally, you'd agree she should be in government. THAT'S the problem ladies and gentlemen, that's the problem.

If politicians saying dumb things precluded them from being politicians then Washington would be a ghost town. We all know we can easily pull out some real doosies from bush, palin, etc, etc. and plenty of other democrats too so not saying its one sided.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I hereby declare that i made the terrible mistake of adding my response post (the whole Joe Horn quotes) inbetween Chadeauxs 2 quotes....which unfortunately makes my quotes look like it was part of his post!
This happens sometimes and is always a genuine mistake and easily sorted out. My mistake, sorry!

It happens more than people think, it is an honest mistake......

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
During the question and answer period a concerned Denver citizen asked Democratic Representative DeGette how he was supposed to defend himself under the new Colorado gun laws. DeGette smirked and mocked the senior citizen saying,
“The good news for you, you live in Denver. The Denver PD would be there within minutes. (laughing) You’d probably be dead anyway.” How much do you need picker? This woman needs to step down! She was also reminded of the fact that the theater where the shooting occurred was also in Denver.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess your representative telling you that you would probably be dead anyway would be a real vote getter for ya??

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess your representative telling you that you would probably be dead anyway would be a real vote getter for ya??

And this will all be part of our wonderful political process. I'm sure she will get the boot and all these laws will be overturned if that is the will of the people.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

No worries Dano. Takes a gracious man to admit a mistake.

I hope you do not think the duct tape comment was directed at you sir, because it was not.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

I agree that she SHOULD have VOICED a better understanding; NOT sure how she got on that committee; glad your grandson is knowledgeable & experienced. MY "take" is RESPONSIBLE "voicing" of such knowledge & experience is AFTER a child becomes a LEGAL ADULT at 18 years of age. MHO & I am sticking to it...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread