Species and Age9 or younger10-1314-16
Small Game and WaterfowlYes[SUP]3[/SUP]Yes[SUP]1[/SUP]Yes[SUP]1[/SUP]
TurkeyYes[SUP]3[/SUP]Yes[SUP]1[/SUP]Yes[SUP]1[/SUP]
Fur HarvesterYes[SUP]3[/SUP]Yes[SUP]1[/SUP]Yes[SUP]1[/SUP]
Trap-only Fur HarvesterYesYesYes
DeerYes[SUP]2, 3[/SUP]Yes[SUP]1, 2[/SUP]Yes[SUP]1[/SUP]
BearNoYes[SUP]1, 2[/SUP]Yes[SUP]1[/SUP]
ElkNoYes[SUP]1, 2[/SUP]Yes[SUP]1[/SUP]
[SUP]1[/SUP]If hunter safety certified and accompanied by an adult 18 years or older, or a youth apprentice with an apprentice license and accompanied by a parent, guardian or someone 21 or older. "Accompanied by" requires the adult to be able to come to the immediate aid of the apprentice and stay within a distance from the apprentice which allows uninterrupted, unaided visual and verbal contact.

[SUP]2[/SUP]Youth less than 14 years of age may hunt with archery and crossbow on public or private lands or with a firearm on private or Commercial Forest lands only.

[SUP]3[/SUP] If in possession of a Mentored Youth Hunting license and accompanied by an adult mentor 21 years old or older, with hunting experience, who has a valid Michigan hunting license other than an apprentice license.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, you see rebel, there are CHILDREN all across this country that know more about guns than this Colorado law maker. (And I'm stickin' to THAT)

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picker, you said: "And this will all be part of our wonderful political process. I'm sure she will get the boot and all these laws will be overturned if that is the will of the people." That's what one would like to think picker but that isn't the case. No matter how dumb she appears to be, the voting left will vote for her anyway just because she is left. No need to look at her fitness for a law-making position or all of the dumba$$ statements she makes. She has already blamed the gun lobby for her stupidity so she's off the hook. her and her brilliant "staffers".

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Thanks TH. I do notice it happens quite a lot over time. I generally just use deductive reasoning to sort them out lol.

@Chadeaux - Yeah sorry. Usually i'd have just deleted and redone the whole post but was on my way out of the house i think. Hopefully no misunderstandings were caused. :)

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Just so you know rebel, you don't have to be 18 to shoot a gun. You can get a California deer tag at age 12. There isn't any minimum age to learn to shoot.

I KNOW that, already; shot a 410 at 10... shot a 12 gauge at 12. At 3 or so... with 22, killed rats that was killing our chickens; sat on a wooden box in the chicken pen & waited... BANG! Chickens were NOT amused... PROBABLY killed about 5 rats; Dad was PROUD!

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Just so you know rebel, you don't have to be 18 to shoot a gun. You can get a California deer tag at age 12. There isn't any minimum age to learn to shoot.

As is in Virgina. I shot a 410 at 10, 12 Gauge at 12... got hunting license for small games hunting.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Found this Michigan chart
Species and Age9 or younger10-1314-16
Small Game and WaterfowlYes[SUP]3[/SUP]Yes[SUP]1[/SUP]Yes[SUP]1[/SUP]
TurkeyYes[SUP]3[/SUP]Yes[SUP]1[/SUP]Yes[SUP]1[/SUP]
Fur HarvesterYes[SUP]3[/SUP]Yes[SUP]1[/SUP]Yes[SUP]1[/SUP]
Trap-only Fur HarvesterYesYesYes
DeerYes[SUP]2, 3[/SUP]Yes[SUP]1, 2[/SUP]Yes[SUP]1[/SUP]
BearNoYes[SUP]1, 2[/SUP]Yes[SUP]1[/SUP]
ElkNoYes[SUP]1, 2[/SUP]Yes[SUP]1[/SUP]
[SUP]1[/SUP]If hunter safety certified and accompanied by an adult 18 years or older, or a youth apprentice with an apprentice license and accompanied by a parent, guardian or someone 21 or older. "Accompanied by" requires the adult to be able to come to the immediate aid of the apprentice and stay within a distance from the apprentice which allows uninterrupted, unaided visual and verbal contact.

[SUP]2[/SUP]Youth less than 14 years of age may hunt with archery and crossbow on public or private lands or with a firearm on private or Commercial Forest lands only.

[SUP]3[/SUP] If in possession of a Mentored Youth Hunting license and accompanied by an adult mentor 21 years old or older, with hunting experience, who has a valid Michigan hunting license other than an apprentice license.

GREAT!

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So rebel, what did you mean by this statement? " MY "take" is RESPONSIBLE "voicing" of such knowledge & experience is AFTER a child becomes a LEGAL ADULT at 18 years of age" Even though you used a gun at a younger age you don't think you should have? Not sure I'm reading you correctly.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
So rebel, what did you mean by this statement? " MY "take" is RESPONSIBLE "voicing" of such knowledge & experience is AFTER a child becomes a LEGAL ADULT at 18 years of age" Even though you used a gun at a younger age you don't think you should have? Not sure I'm reading you correctly.

In Michigan you must be 21 yrs old to apply for a pistol licence. Should be voicing why long before. A daughter who shot from cross sticks before she could hold a rifle standing wants to know why she is not allowed to have a hand gun to and from and while at college.
Her knowledge of weapons i am confident surpasses many who are involved in law making. And has for many years.

Last edited:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Same reason she can't buy alcohol! It's the law!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I KNOW that, already; shot a 410 at 10... shot a 12 gauge at 12. At 3 or so... with 22, killed rats that was killing our chickens; sat on a wooden box in the chicken pen & waited... BANG! Chickens were NOT amused... PROBABLY killed about 5 rats; Dad was PROUD!

Rebel,That was a highlite in my younger years,going to the dump shooting rats,some were pretty darn BIG too!!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Same reason she can't buy alcohol! It's the law!

A German friend said look,learn the effects of drinking,then learn to drive. Not learn to drive,go drink when you come of age and discover the effect behind the wheel.
Regarding my post, alcohol not going to defend you on the streets at night.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She should restrict her freedom of movement and only place herself in designated "safe zones". Then, if the perp can't read and attacks her anyway, she should wet her pants and blow a whistle like some lawmakers have suggested. I know, she will probably only get a small, short tweet out of the whistle before the perp smacks it from her face but, in the wisdom of Colorado congresswoman Diana DeGette, she will probably get raped anyway. Our lawmakers are here to protect us so, if you do everything they say, you'll be safe. They are soooooo much smarter than we are. As heathens we think that the only successful response to being violated is with violence. We must learn to be kinder, gentler victims.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Response to "post" # 6; "IQ of 50-69"... MANY Vets have this range of IQ due to TBI "Blast Injury" (IED); INSULT to them as well as ppl with Mental ******ation. MORONS... HA!

Is there supposed to be some correlation between my statement of historic fact and your specious assumption of my intention?

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Picker, you said: "And this will all be part of our wonderful political process. I'm sure she will get the boot and all these laws will be overturned if that is the will of the people." That's what one would like to think picker but that isn't the case. No matter how dumb she appears to be, the voting left will vote for her anyway just because she is left. No need to look at her fitness for a law-making position or all of the dumba$$ statements she makes. She has already blamed the gun lobby for her stupidity so she's off the hook. her and her brilliant "staffers".

She is probably the result of an educational system that gives potential voters a trophy for participating . . . so she gets a seat just for having a D before her name.

Thanks TH. I do notice it happens quite a lot over time. I generally just use deductive reasoning to sort them out lol.

@Chadeaux - Yeah sorry. Usually i'd have just deleted and redone the whole post but was on my way out of the house i think. Hopefully no misunderstandings were caused. :)

No worries Dano.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread