They can't make EV's Illegal soon enough !

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
To repopulate the cars on the planet with electric ones is about the dumbest idea ever, especially if you're wanting to reduce fossil fuel and coal generated electrical power use.

Either the car industry never thought it through, or knowing it was a bad idea just went ahead and did it anyway. Could also be that government pressure forced them into production when there were still far too many questions to be answered.

The chargers are not very efficient, and use a massive amount of power to recharge a car, plus taking far too long in the charging process.

Gotta wonder if anyone has frozen to death yet when the frigid cold killed their battery and they were stuck on the side of the road.

Jfreak...guess I'm not "everybody", cause I sure don't want one. Hell, I'd beg my ex-wife to teach me how to ride a broom before I'd spend $1 on an electric car...
moose.gif

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Romancing" the Brain dead Who Sit on Highways, because they "Think" they are Voters :tongue3:

Electric vehicle owner describes nightmare car scenario in cold weather​

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The environmental damage mining the cobalt and lithium for the batteries is horrible. Most of it takes place in 3rd world countries where the working conditions are dangerous and harkens to slavery. But all the virtue signaling people putting around in their EV's are convinced they are saving the planet. BS!

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's affecting underage drivers as well!
1705496129780.jpeg

Jon 8-) :cat::occasion14: :headbang:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The push for EV's has been the product of depletion of fossil fuels and pollution from it.
WHY CANT THEY SEE THE REAL PROBLEM and REDO THE FRIGGIN TRAFFIC LIGHTS TO A SMART SYSTEM !

They can make self driving cars and EV's and all the other high tech crap but they still have not realized that one of the main WASTED and pollution producing problems is at every traffic light in the world.
Every intersection should be "smart" enough to efficiently control traffic.
Currently they suck arse... crap like stop 50 cars to let one go.... THIS IS the biggest problem that needs addressing.
The amount of waste and pollution caused by inefficient traffic control systems and bad intersections worldwide is astronomical.
Conversion to a logical / smart system would solve the problems associated with fossil fuels.

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The push for EV's has been the product of depletion of fossil fuels and pollution from it.
WHY CANT THEY SEE THE REAL PROBLEM and REDO THE FRIGGIN TRAFFIC LIGHTS TO A SMART SYSTEM !

They can make self driving cars and EV's and all the other high tech crap but they still have not realized that one of the main WASTED and pollution producing problems is at every traffic light in the world.
Every intersection should be "smart" enough to efficiently control traffic.
Currently they suck arse... crap like stop 50 cars to let one go.... THIS IS the biggest problem that needs addressing.
The amount of waste and pollution caused by inefficient traffic control systems and bad intersections worldwide is astronomical.
Conversion to a logical / smart system would solve the problems associated with fossil fuels.
Thats a really good point, I never even considered how inefficient and outdated our traffic systems are. All the lights in my area im pretty sure run on timers and pressure sensors. So like you said, its easy for one car to hold up 50. With everything being "smart" these days you would think they could update traffic lights a bit.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a really good point, I never even considered how inefficient and outdated our traffic systems are. All the lights in my area im pretty sure run on timers and pressure sensors. So like you said, its easy for one car to hold up 50. With everything being "smart" these days you would think they could update traffic lights a bit.
for well over 20 years i have been bitchin every time a light stopped me and the flow of 100 other cars to let 5 go.
Let me tell you....
There have been some that have begun development of "smart" light systems... but are getting little traction and support ... wHY ? ... some entities don't want a more efficient system due to loss of revenue is all i can think.
But we are beyond that now... this can get very deep.
The cost to all of us is greater than most realize... it is a problem of epic stupidity... the costs trickle down not only in fuel costs and crappy pollution... but even down to the wear and tear on not only our personal vehicles.... but every transport... bus... taxi... LEO vehicles ... again... all down the line... like i said... we can get really deeper in if we look at it.

When it gets down to the bottom of it...
IT IS... THE... biggest waste and MAJOR cause of environmental decline on the planet.
IMO.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
for well over 20 years i have been bitchin every time a light stopped me and the flow of 100 other cars to let 5 go.
Let me tell you....
There have been some that have begun development of "smart" light systems... but are getting little traction and support ... wHY ? ... some entities don't want a more efficient system due to loss of revenue is all i can think.
The cost to all of us is greater than most realize... it is a problem of epic stupidity... the costs trickle down not only in fuel costs and crappy pollution... but even down to the wear and tear on not only our personal vehicles.... but every transport... bus... taxi... LEO vehicles ... again... all down the line... like i said... we can get really deeper in if we look at it.

IT IS... THE... biggest waste and MAJOR cause of environmental decline on the planet.
IMO.
In Europe/UK they have roundabouts or traffic circles everything just keeps flowing smoothly.
North America is way behind in designing simple efficient intersections major flow routes.

Screenshot_20240118_074701_Google.jpg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Let me tell you....

IMO.
It can be other factors as well that drives the motorist crazy at the inefficiency of a simple thing like traffic flow.

Fact: I had the scrap contract with an electrical company that had the contract of the replacement of 60,000 traffic lights for the GTA (Greater Toronto Area).

So over the years I gotta know a few of the main guys that ran/operated this division as I had to drop security bins at certain locations.

This one city offical that ran on a platform of public transit improvements to establish Toronto as a world-class city.
Then he was appointed to the Metro Planning and Transportation Committee.

So here is what he did:

Quote: "Scrapper this Miller character ordered our tech. guys to program the light systems so folks driving into the downtown core in the AM would hit all red lights.
In the PM they would hit all red lights going out of the downtown core."

Why do this stupid thing?

"He wanted to force the commuters out of their cars and onto the transit system."

So while we wait at a traffic light screaming at the windshield just remember that the lights are only being told what to do, and what agenda is being pushed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread