thinking about tradin whites for ?

hank mcmauser

Tenderfoot
Jan 22, 2008
west treasure valley idaho
Detector(s) used
white's 6000 DI ser 3
thinking about tradin' whites for ?

I recently traded for a whites 6000 di ser 3 and like the machine, but it is a little heavy. i was thinking of selling it and buying either an ace 250 or an f2 or?and maybe a second detector for my kids to use.I know I'll probably need need to add some $ to get both. As this is my first and only detector, will the newer technology provide me with a machine that's equal in performance to the6000? or should I stick with the old dinosaur?
It seems as though used machines are going for about 180.00+ sh on e-bay,hopefully I could get more as mine looks to be brand new,no scratches or anything,I think it was a closet queen before I got it.
Your thoughts/ideas are appreciated,
Hank

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
Re: thinking about tradin' whites for ?

Hank,
You might post this question in the general detecting forum.

R

robert roy

Re: thinking about tradin' whites for ?

Go with the Ace 250. You seldom hear of any real problems with the Ace. The F2 on the other hand has about a 50/50 ratio of complaints. Its a nice machine but just too many complaints for me to rush out and buy it. The only complaints I hear about the Ace 250 are from people who thought it could do more than it was intended, but that was due to all the hype centered around the Ace. The Ace has five modes that are easy to switch back and forth; All metal,jewelry,custom, relic, coins. Its depth is about 6 + inches with the standard coil, and more if the target is bigger. SOme people claim great depths but consider that urban ledgen(:-) The ground balance is preset and usually satisfactory for
most ground conditions. It has two additional coils: the 4.5 sniper coil for trashy areas, and a 9x12 coil for covering great areas and the coil gives more depth. They do not come with the machine but are sold seperately.

If you can afford a few more dollars, Tesoro's are good machines. ALso if you can afford an F4 you might be happier. but The Ace 250 is the way to go if your just starting, or the Tesoro like the Silver Umax. Actually, many detectionest who have been in it for years have used the Ace and have made it either number one or two machine.

Hope this helps.

RObert R

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread