Tips for M 6

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
My biggest tip is to run the sensitivity at 70 or less at first. This will make it run smooth and quiet. Then later you can increase the sens. You can however on faint targets crank the sens just on that individual target to check it. Then reduce it back down for general hunting. Soon you'll be running the sens cranked and hear the good targets between the grunts and chirps.

seatedhalf

Dec 28, 2007
Parma MI
Detector(s) used
M6 and DFX and now a E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My brother and I both use the M6. It is a great machine in our opinion. We have found that putting discrimination knob left of manufacturer #1 setting will give you better depth and better readings for lower VDI signals.(more iron will also show up too) We crank sensitivity to the highest we can until it starts to crackle a little then back off from there. If you have the extra cash a small Eclipse coil is great in trashy or high electrical interference areas.

Deep copper and silver may not lock onto a single number. If the tone ID gives a high number without locking on we dig those and a very high % are coins. Headphones are a great help for the deep stuff. Make sure they have volume control though. Deep nickels(usually over 4") will tend to move up the VDI scale. I have found them in the high 40's and low 50's.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
did you get the m6 tip sheet with your detector..if not let us know.. one of us will give ya it..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread