Thinking about xlt

mtntrekr2

Jul 15, 2007
berks county, pa.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 1000, Xterra-70 x3, Garret ace 250,
I am really considering getting an xlt. I have a Goldstrike with 2
coils that is of no use to me.
Can anyone recommend a dealer near Reading or Allentown, Pa.
If I could trade it towards an xlt that would be great. I paid $800
and only used it a few times in the backyard. But it is the wrong
detector for coins and relics. Something I did not know and was
not asked about by the dealer it was purchased from.
Thank you for helping
Joe

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mtntrekr2....I can tell you how you might be able to find a Whites dealer near you...Go to the following link...act like you are going to try and buy one of the books..it will take you a spot to type in your zip code...then it will show you the closet dealer to you...
http://hobby.us.whiteselectronics.com/content/view/39/78/
GL and HH

KenPa

Apr 7, 2006
Easton, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Across the street from Quakertown Farmers market there is "Time capsule Metal detectors" I bought my first xlt from him and he was very helpfull. I have also bought other accessories from him and I awas always happy dealing with him. He has a small store at his house and you should call first to make sure he is there. He has alot of differant detectors and accessories in stock

Time Capsule 224 Station Road Quakertown, PA 18951 215-536-0796.

There is also a whites dealer in Hellertown at crystal caves but I have never bought anything from him so I can't say anything about him.

I bought a fisher from TonyInCt but I'm not sure if he sells whites but I would Highly recomend him for anyone.

Hope this helps
Ken

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
According to this nut you don't want an XLT. He has it getting the same depth as a cheap Maplin made in China.

Of course, it is possible that he doesn't know what he is talking about too:

http://www.staffsmetaldetectors.co.uk/depth_test.htm

About half of what he listed is WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, and he must have a lot of free time on his hands to test more than 300 detectors but it's interesting reading anyway.

kindafoundabuckle

Dec 9, 2006
In bed at the moment
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont know of a dealer close to you but I will say i love my XLT! I have had it close to 10 years now and it has been through hell and back! It looks like it has been drug behind a truck down a gravel road and it keeps on ticking. I know there are members who say other brands are better and they may be right but I really doubt any of them could have took the abuse mine has gone through and still work like it just came out of the box.

KFB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread