This could happen to you!

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Konnon: Looking back over your recent Posts, I may have found the Cause of your Dilemma! You have mentioned recovering various Caches like A Lot of Drug Money, A Bank Robber's $2.4M in the Walls, etc. The IRS, FBI, etc may think you are rolling in Found Money!
Also, It may be a coincidence that you MET this Sheriffs Deputy accidently, & it may not!

Loose Lips Sink Ships!! HH Joe

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
I own a small (25acre) horse farm in WNY, about two years ago I received a notification in the mail, from the dept of Agriculture, persuant to the Dept. of Homeland Security directive xxxxxoooxxx. All animals both domesticated and resource IE; beef cattle, milking cows etc..are asked to voluntarily be inoculated with a govt. sponsored radio tracking system tag. Along with the tagging sysytem notification must be made before animals are taken from said premises. although this program is voluntary for now it will become mandated by 2010. I'm sure all you pet owners out there will be hearing more and more about this. The jist of it is that the feds wanna know what animals you have, where you have them, and they want you to ask their permission before taking them away from the registered homesite. Now If their plans are to control our animals to this extant then how much more control do ya think they plan for us dangerous rebellious thinking human citizens ? I know ya'll are worried that we're being monitored here and your right. I know, but I don't worry cause I am already monitored all the time due to prior work history with fed. govt. I'm allways amazed at the number of people who are walking around in a fog, not realizing the losses of freedoms that have and are being implemented as we speak. there's only a few of us who are wide awake with our jaws open wide in total amazment at what we see taking place all around us. :o

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
oooooohh eddie is right, your lucky they haven't made you disappear. But they probably got what they really wanted, your freinds name. either that or their still watching you and you aren't aware :o

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they got him taped and wrapped and he don't know it

spyguy

Jan 30, 2006
What you went through is really scary --- like '1984' by Orwell or something by Kafka. It proves the fact that if you make big finds A). Keep it to yourself & B). Get rich SLOWLY under the table (and also under $10K) Consider it a cheap, but valuable lesson!Let me share a story with you that happened yesterday as a word of caution. Several years ago I let some credit card debt go bad. One of the cards was sold to a major bank who eventually charged it off as bad debt. This was unknown to me because they sent a 1099-C to the IRS for tax year 2005, but sent the notification to my old address. Apparently, they didn't have my new address so I never knew that it had been written off OR that it was considered a taxable event. Until yesterday when the IRS sent me a letter and paperwork about owing back taxes on the $10,555!!! The amount owed is around $1,400 plus we all know that the IRS never forgets INTEREST which added another $100 --- so far. Basically, they said they might forgive the interest when I can show the paperwork proving the bank's error that wrote it off. Unfortunately, the $1,400+ dollars (actual tax) is non-negotiable. I don't have any intention of paying it just like the original credit debt, but rest assured I won't get a tax refund now for several years into the future until it's paid off! This is really disheartening because I was just getting to the point where I was finally getting my finances back in order after a costly recent hospital stay --- another area of broken gov't bureaucracy.... Now, I really NEED to find a large cache of treasure! :'(
HH
-spyguy

Thorgrim

Nov 7, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta
buscadero said:
Konnon: Looking back over your recent Posts, I may have found the Cause of your Dilemma! You have mentioned recovering various Caches like A Lot of Drug Money, A Bank Robber's $2.4M in the Walls, etc. The IRS, FBI, etc may think you are rolling in Found Money!
Also, It may be a coincidence that you MET this Sheriffs Deputy accidently, & it may not!

Loose Lips Sink Ships!! HH Joe

I tend to agree that this may have to do with some of your posts as well. Probably in combination with some of the other things that you did. Not that you did anything wrong, whoever was investigating you was out of line. It just goes to prove that we are being watched.

Any one who thinks the USA or Canada are still free countries has their head in the sand. This sort of behavior by government is becoming more and more common. And no I don't care if they know that I know. Once people become afraid to talk about this sort of thing we are in big trouble.

I would go see a lawyer though you may still be able to do something. Also if all the weird stuff started happening to me I wouldn't just sit back and take it. I would go buy some cameras and put them in different places like your garage, house, front door etc (fairly well hidden of course) and see if you can get the goons on tape might give you some ammunition you could use in court.

I have had some problems with my bank as well, not related to any sort of investigation but still a pain. As long as you keep your money where watching eyes in the government can see it they can always freeze your accounts and use it as a way to have control over you. I fully plan to phase out my use of the banking system as much as possible. What I do with my money is nobodies business but my own. In fact this is one reason to buy gold/silver it is private/portable form of wealth as well as a good investment.

Thorgrim

Nov 7, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta
Underbear said:
I own a small (25acre) horse farm in WNY, about two years ago I received a notification in the mail, from the dept of Agriculture, persuant to the Dept. of Homeland Security directive xxxxxoooxxx. All animals both domesticated and resource IE; beef cattle, milking cows etc..are asked to voluntarily be inoculated with a govt. sponsored radio tracking system tag. Along with the tagging sysytem notification must be made before animals are taken from said premises. although this program is voluntary for now it will become mandated by 2010. I'm sure all you pet owners out there will be hearing more and more about this. The jist of it is that the feds wanna know what animals you have, where you have them, and they want you to ask their permission before taking them away from the registered homesite. Now If their plans are to control our animals to this extant then how much more control do ya think they plan for us dangerous rebellious thinking human citizens ? I know ya'll are worried that we're being monitored here and your right. I know, but I don't worry cause I am already monitored all the time due to prior work history with fed. govt. I'm allways amazed at the number of people who are walking around in a fog, not realizing the losses of freedoms that have and are being implemented as we speak. there's only a few of us who are wide awake with our jaws open wide in total amazment at what we see taking place all around us. :o

I know all about NAIS and I don't even live in the USA. They will give you all these bogus reasons why it is for your safety and to stop the spread of things like bird flu but the real reason is control. Control the food and you control the people.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheSleeper said:
This is really sad but it is the way the gov has gotten. To be investagated but not have the rights to know by who, or over what, to be under survalance, have your proterty searched in secret, THATS NOT THE UNITED STATES, you would expect that in old russia or a communist country least they could do is issue an apoligy to all those neighbors they questioned about you.
JUST ANOTHER PRIME EXAMPLE! AMERICA? NOT THE ONE I'M SUPPOSED TO LOVE! IF THIS IS A TRUE STORY,GOD HELP US ALL!

djui5 said:
EDDEKALB said:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,71519.msg521135.html#msg521135
this post on the world wide web wouldnt have anything to do with it
seeing as gov puters troll this forum looking for wonder boys like yourself

That would explain it for sure!
Now we know who's monitoring this site :)
If this is the case,then our taxdollars are truly going to waste.And somebody's been smoking way too much crack!!!!! (remember Marion Barry? ;D ) This goes way beyond paranoia,it's more like schizophrenia.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
the moral to this story is dont post anything on an internet forum that you dont want everyone, and i do mean everyone, to see. ;)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
TheSleeper said:
This is really sad but it is the way the gov has gotten. To be investagated but not have the rights to know by who, or over what, to be under survalance, have your proterty searched in secret, THATS NOT THE UNITED STATES, you would expect that in old russia or a communist country least they could do is issue an apoligy to all those neighbors they questioned about you.
JUST ANOTHER PRIME EXAMPLE! AMERICA? NOT THE ONE I'M SUPPOSED TO LOVE! IF THIS IS A TRUE STORY,GOD HELP US ALL!

djui5 said:
EDDEKALB said:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,71519.msg521135.html#msg521135
this post on the world wide web wouldnt have anything to do with it
seeing as gov puters troll this forum looking for wonder boys like yourself

That would explain it for sure!
Now we know who's monitoring this site :)
If this is the case,then our taxdollars are truly going to waste.And somebody's been smoking way too much crack!!!!! (remember Marion Barry? ;D ) This goes way beyond paranoia,it's more like schizophrenia.
you said it fatso ........... ;) :D

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
500,000th post! Woo hoo!

I just wanted to let you know eddekalb - that you posted our 500,000th post! Woo hoo!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HELLA YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS ;D

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll take that as a serious oration to the disposition of my upward standing character ;D

R

Ranger Paul

I think I know what happened here. It is definitely a homeland security issue. I doubt it had anything to do with melting gold etc. They are trying to track down money laundering or money coming from sources linked to suspected people affiliated with hezbolah, or some militant islamic group.
When you sold your car, you received a check, right? The gov. has their checking account in a database and when you deposited the check, it sent a red flag to them and they were following up on it. They are most likely following a money trail from the person you received the check from.
I've seen this happen before, but not to the extent they went to on your case.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you call a Federal license plate? What was that plate number? I issue federal plates and I'm curious has to how you recgnized it as "Federal". I would think, if they were doing any undercover stuff, you wouldn't recognize the plate. That number you have can be traced back to a specific agency.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess would be IRS. You didn't say how much you deposited, but it is reported to them if over a certain amount as someone else has posted. Your account wasn't "frozen" or even you wouldn't have been able to access it. The bank manager probably was directed to have your account "flagged" to see if there was any other large deposits or any other unusual activities being made, in which case a full investigation would be launched. And by law the IRS has the right to do that, mainly because of drug trafficking and money laundering by real crooks. Also, the various enforcement agencies now share information since 911, and Homeland Security probably is also informed by the IRS. You didn't say how much gold you sold either, but if over the fixed amount it is reported to ? someone and both instances having occurred near the same time probably set off some alarms in more than one place. And who knows, that one smartass neighbor might have called the DEA and said he thought you were a drug dealer. Ordinarily that one phone call alone wouldn't go anywhere, but with info sharing, it may have set off another alarm with DEA. IRS by law can do all sorts of things without a warrant and often do. Opening your mail isn't one of them. I doubt that your mail was opened unless you conduct a home business and receive a lot of packages and etc. Under the circumstances that might even set off some alarms. If you were indeed being investigated, all I can say is they were pretty darn sloppy about it. The guys with the federal license plates were just as likely out there trying to catch some clown down the block lifting weights when he is claiming total disability for social security, instead of watching you. I'd be willing to bet that there are several thousands of us "investigated" every year and don't ever know about it. Your girlfriend at the bank could possibly get into trouble with her employer for telling you about it depending on bank and /or federal policies, so I would caution her not to mention it to anyone else. All of this is just supposition on my part, so how do I know? I spent the better part of 21 years in law enforcement work and had occasion to work several cases or assist with several investigations carried on by Federal Law Enforcement agents. Yes, I even pulled some surveillance, but I can say with near certainty that none of the suspicious persons ever knew about it unless they were charged and arrested for some crime. And , I didn't read anything that would indicate the local police had any knowledge of or participated in your "investigation" at all. I put investigation in quotes because more than likely is was a mere inquiry. Under the circumstances you described some feds may even have had a federally mandated duty to at least check it out. And I am sure our attorney member would be the first to tell you that you don't just up and sue the federal government. The adage that, "you can sue anyone for anything" is not necessarily true when the feds are involved. Suing the federal government is a process unto itself that can be long, drawn out and quite expensive with no guarantees of success. So, if it were me and knowing what I do, I wouldn't worry about it any more. If your tax return wasn't held up that's a good sign nothing is amiss. I'm sure you were alarmed and I can't blame you. I'd worry more about my idiot neighbor than the feds, as apparently he or she is an alarmist at best and at most an a$$hole. On the other hand now at least you know the feds are looking out for us and thus far have prevented another 911. Just my feelings about the incident. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread