Upvote 0

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
275-300 face? That's a 25.00 +/- margin of error.
Take em to a frigging coinstar for god's sake, you'll end up paying less than 25.00 in fees.
Some people are too stupid to breathe.

Last edited:

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
275-300 face? That's a 25.00 +/- margin of error.
Take em to a frigging coinstar for god's sake, you'll end up paying less than 25.00 in fees.
Some people are too stupid to breathe.

The last few words are "best offer". Most people don't realize that you can get halves like we can get halves. So, why take them to the coinstar when you think they are more valuable than they actually are...

I don't think it's a CRH, I just think it's someone that doesn't know coins too well. My grandfathers both saved every half dollar they ever got since the 60's. So, now, I have a collection of about $75 clad that I'll never get rid of because my grandfathers saved those.

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The last few words are "best offer". Most people don't realize that you can get halves like we can get halves. So, why take them to the coinstar when you think they are more valuable than they actually are...

I don't think it's a CRH, I just think it's someone that doesn't know coins too well. My grandfathers both saved every half dollar they ever got since the 60's. So, now, I have a collection of about $75 clad that I'll never get rid of because my grandfathers saved those.

Oh they ARE halves. Sorry, they looked like quarters to me.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the dude is not a CRHer there might be some 64-69s in there. Cant really tell from the pic.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now if he were smart, he would throw an older WL half on top and get more phone calls, that $12 coin can get him way more calls

OP
OP
conleytheking

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol that's what I'd do.
But I'd just about bet my silver stash, that it's some guy who is new at coin roll hunting, and just trying to rip some one off, while dumping his clad. Lol.

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol that's what I'd do.
But I'd just about bet my silver stash, that it's some guy who is new at coin roll hunting, and just trying to rip some one off, while dumping his clad. Lol.

You could be right, and like PT Barnum used to say, "There's a sucker born every minute." If someone doesn't educate themselves before buying something such as that, then boo for them. Ripoff level doesn't start until dealing known counterfeits.

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my little sis would buy them she does not know face value of a half she called me to find out if it is a dollar or just half of a dollar

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
now if he were smart, he would throw an older WL half on top and get more phone calls, that $12 coin can get him way more calls
Genius. Have a picture of a pile of halves with a few silvers on top and actually advertise the listing for the exact face value amount, and then ask for $25 or something over face claiming you know nothing about coins. When it's time to sell, have them rolled up and ready to go. If anyone asks to pick through them before they buy them, tell them you don't have time. Bam!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread