This Morning Started Out With A Bang - UPDATE

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
This morning started out at 2am when my CD player decided it was going to start cycling through the CD's without playing any. That continuous noise woke me up. I reach up to turn on the light, and the light doesn't come on. Next step was to grab the old flashlight and try and fix the CD player. By the time I was through with it, it was beyond repair. So, I put in a cassette and go back to bed. The alarm goes off this morning and I sleep right through it. By the time I woke up, the sun was already up. I reach for the light switch, and BANG! Sparks go everywhere, falling on my bedspread and burning holes all in it. After I get through putting out my bedspread, I reach over for this glass of water to get something wet in my mouth. This is a 64 oz glass of water, and it just slides through my fingers and smashes on the floor. Water goes everywhere. It was about this time I had just about had enough for one day, and it hadn't even started. I also by now didn't feel like going out to the houses I've been doing. It was late, and I just didn't feel like going that far for such a short time before it started heating up. Knowing I just had to get out of here for awhile, I just took off driving. As I was calming down I noticed two parks I had never seen before, one with a soccer field. I broke out the ol' detector and hit the tot lots and around the outside edges to see what change I could pick up. Both parks seem to have quite a bit of change, and when I finally made it back to the house and rinsed them off, I found I had found exactly 100 coins. This makes the 3rd day this week of 100 coin days. So, now I am replacing the light socket and cleaning up my mess from earlier. Then I'm locking the door and not coming out for the rest of the day. Tomorrow will be another day, but as far as I am concerned, today is over.

Attachments

• 100 coins.JPG
    100 coins.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,110
Upvote 0
Re: This Morning Started Out With A Bang

Tinman said:
You better pull that switch plate cover off and check it out. ???

The light socket itself shorted out. It had been flickering for awhile and I just kept putting off checking it. Glad it happened when it did, an hour later no one would have been home and the house would have burned. Everything has been replaced and checked, and under control.

Wow, you sure had a rough one there. I hope you get it all fixed ok. Hang in there

DANGLANGLEY

100 Coins---That is a nice haul PM.

Hope no more of your days start out like that.

Sounds like Murphy's law.

Awesome 3 days this week of 100 coins. Not quite silver or gold, but still 100 coins days are pretty awesome. I have only had one of them here in SE KY. Don't have very many 100 coin days here for sure.

Congrats,

Rev

I went back to the houses and did backyard of house #1. In the front yard I found over 100 coins, in the back yard I found 2 quarters, a dime, and 1 penny. I think the backs have been hit pretty hard by others because they look like they are part of the church, which has been hit pretty hard. I just found a new soccer field, and you know how much I like doing those, so I think I will do this field before going back. I know I will find rings here, and that beats looking for a "supposide" one there. I'll go back on one of my slower days to check the other back yards. But for now, I've found one of my specialties, and that's going to take some time. There are 3 seperate plying fields.

You gotta get back to the soccer fields piggy, you own the soccer fields.
Good luck bud.....

Keep safe...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back