This new field is for REAL....

Brian in MA

Sep 4, 2004
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
Got permission to hunt a new field today. I got an 1847 Large Cent that I gave to the land owner.... Right at the end of the hunt I got a REAL nice sounding beep. Down about 6 inches I see the much sought after glint of silver... Turned out to be a 1780 Spanish One Real...

I guess I'll be making a return trip to this field....

Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting.....

Brian in MA

Attachments

• 1780 One Real (Patterson Property (11-02-08).JPG
    1780 One Real (Patterson Property (11-02-08).JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 994
Upvote 0
Brian, Nice find, Im over in Maynard, Give me a call sometime and we can go out.HH

What do you use when you're in gravely areas to loosen the junk to get down to your prize? When I run into crappola like that, I have several assorted lengths and stoutnesses of screw drivers, from a 9" bladed 3/16th." shaft through 3/4" diameter, 10" long beefy screwdriver, all tips have been rounded over. Oh, and having the SunRay Probe helps alot too........NGE(T)

It always amazes me that you guys in the UK wind up in a field and find so much neat stuff. Meanwhile here in the USA our field are well, just fields with a little cow dung and maybe a crop or two. Do you think it may be because our fields are about 200 years old while yours are about 2000 years old? Amazing finds!
Monty

Monty said:
It always amazes me that you guys in the UK wind up in a field and find so much neat stuff. Meanwhile here in the USA our field are well, just fields with a little cow dung and maybe a crop or two. Do you think it may be because our fields are about 200 years old while yours are about 2000 years old? Amazing finds!
Monty
Yes the fields are just older for sure, more than 2000 years, you can find objects in the BC era. Another reason is that there lived many people there, many different tribes over the years, and that England is not so large, so things were concentrated. It was also almost always a rich land, difficult to overcome with war because of its being a island. Other European lands are also old, but some were much poorer in those days, England was rich...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back