This past weeks $50,000 in 50 cent pieces.

Jan 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I rode my unicorn to pick up my halves and when we got back i fed him a sugar cube and he culled my silver out for me while i watched TV. Next week i will try 2 sugar cubes and see if he will just do the run for me and set the silver on my bar.

Bad Wolf

Dec 6, 2012
Carmel-by-the-Sea, California
Detector(s) used
Nokia Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I rode my unicorn to pick up my halves and when we got back i fed him a sugar cube and he culled my silver out for me while i watched TV. Next week i will try 2 sugar cubes and see if he will just do the run for me and set the silver on my bar.

Sounds fishy to me--everyone knows how hard it is to ride a unicorn. Pictures, please, or it didn't happen...

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to have an old picture of him but he culled it for the minor silver content also. He has since gained a little weight and is camera shy. My Leprechaun thinks its funny but ultimately doesn't care as long as i'm not after his gold. Sorry but i must fly back to my magical floating island in the sky and am far too busy to post pictures, but maybe later!

Last edited:

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100 boxes, even? Not 99, or 101?

Nice ratio of 90s to 40s.

hokielegend

Nov 8, 2012
east
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100 boxes, even? Not 99, or 101?

Nice ratio of 90s to 40s.
exactly I don't know about you but even when I order let's say 7 or 8 boxes per week I don't get 7 or 8 boxes. Always something less. At least TZ is more believable with his exact box count.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
exactly I don't know about you but even when I order let's say 7 or 8 boxes per week I don't get 7 or 8 boxes. Always something less. At least TZ is more believable with his exact box count.

Yeah, I have a similar gripe with the health department. When they inspect my Hotdog stand ( or whatever I am vending ) They request a even $100 dollars for the "safety check". I always laugh how they come up with that nice round number to tax me with.

A similar thing would be "with my metal detector, I dug exactly 100 silver coins today. no pics"

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like if a guy were stand up and he finds that much silver bi-monthly he would make a nice donation to the site to keep it up and going.

OP
OP
Digesting a common clad
Jan 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never had a problem getting what I ordered, but I usually order about a week ahead so I guess that gives them plenty of time to get it.
I usually just say when I go get them " I'll take the same for not next week but the following"it's been no problem so far.

sax player

Apr 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's cool! What's the best coin you have found? Have you found any commemorative coins? Have you ever been shorted in any of the rolls? Do you rim check the coins or date check? Do you pick up all the coins at one bank? For you check for errors or just silver? Do you sell the coins for scrap value or for numistic value?

Thanks for the help! I have been looking to increase my bankroll for coin roll hunting a I figure I would ask someone who does as much as you do.

OP
OP
Digesting a common clad
Jan 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's cool! What's the best coin you have found? Have you found any commemorative coins? Have you ever been shorted in any of the rolls? Do you rim check the coins or date check? Do you pick up all the coins at one bank? For you check for errors or just silver? Do you sell the coins for scrap value or for numistic value?

Thanks for the help! I have been looking to increase my bankroll for coin roll hunting a I figure I would ask someone who does as much as you do.
hi guy.

I haven't found a commemorative yet but if its a silver one I would treat it like any other silver coin.

I have never been short coin count wise
But have found foreign stuff, I just throw it away.

I rim check, and I am not into numismatic coins once a get a small pile I ship them to a refinery and use the money to buy electronic silver.

Mostly in it for the fun though buying tens of thousands in coins and looking through them is strangely satisfying.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"throw it away" - - that's cute.

$nack-Money

Jul 16, 2011
i prefer to use my magic wand to create the silver halves- much easier than dealing with all the bank bs

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In all I yielded 146 1964 and older 50
Cent pieces

And 287 1965-1969

That is great I wish I could find a 90%er for every 2 40%ers. That is just unbelievable I going to bet that does not hold up for long. That is like 33+% are 90%

Big Fat Cheeseball

Jun 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Most of the crhers here share pics of their Ag hunts...Do you have any pics you would like to share of this major haul. I think all of us would like to see a haul this size.

Big Fat

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you could cull that much silver every other week you'd make 60-70k a year. Who needs a job ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread