This Video Shows Some Of The Reasons Why I Swing A Tesoro Vaquero Metal Detector

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Easiest challenge ever. I own both and it's not even close.

The T2 Classic is a lot of detector for $499. However I'd still pick the Vaquero over the T2 because I mainly hunt urban areas that have all kinds of nasty EMI that would make the T2 run for the car. I've owned two T2SE detectors and a F75SE that got little use because of EMI. My F75SE-DST is another story, but it cost way over $500. It's a very good detector but I still find myself mainly grabbing my modded Cibola that I picked up for $250.:thumbsup:

tabman

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The T2 Classic is a lot of detector for $499. However I'd still pick the Vaquero over the T2 because I mainly hunt urban areas that have all kinds of nasty EMI that would make the T2 run for the car. I've owned two T2SE detectors and a F75SE that got little use because of EMI. My F75SE-DST is another story, but it cost way over $500. It's a very good detector but I still find myself mainly grabbing my modded Cibola that I picked up for $250.:thumbsup:

tabman

Glad you mention this. I detect in a lot of EMI and my detecting partner swears by his T2 Classic and offered to sell me one (he is a dealer). Speaking of EMI I was detecting with some HS kids and they were both using Outlaws and I didn't realize they couldn't change the frequency. They had a heck of a time because we were under power lines through most of the outing.

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outlaws are sensitve folks.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tabman

I hunt everywhere and have had so few occasions where emi was really a problem that I can't even remember 1 time it was not doable. Emi with t2 is one of those things you can read about on any forum. There are certain detectors that everybody know things about even if they haven't used them. Explorers suck at nickels, at pros love bootle caps , and last but not least t2 struggle with emi. When in reality explorers find nickels and gold rings just fine. Atpros are easy to tell a bottle cap and t2s can handle emi just fine. By turning down sensitivity and changing frequency I have never not been able to use it. Let's just say you hit 5 yards out of 100 that give you any trouble, that means the t2 would work better 80 percent of the time. That to me is a better detector for $500.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you mention this. I detect in a lot of EMI and my detecting partner swears by his T2 Classic and offered to sell me one (he is a dealer). Speaking of EMI I was detecting with some HS kids and they were both using Outlaws and I didn't realize they couldn't change the frequency. They had a heck of a time because we were under power lines through most of the outing.

I wouldn't be afraid of the t2 expecially when the alternative is a tesoro.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hunt everywhere and have had so few occasions where emi was really a problem that I can't even remember 1 time it was not doable. Emi with t2 is one of those things you can read about on any forum. There are certain detectors that everybody know things about even if they haven't used them. Explorers suck at nickels, at pros love bootle caps , and last but not least t2 struggle with emi. When in reality explorers find nickels and gold rings just fine. Atpros are easy to tell a bottle cap and t2s can handle emi just fine. By turning down sensitivity and changing frequency I have never not been able to use it. Let's just say you hit 5 yards out of 100 that give you any trouble, that means the t2 would work better 80 percent of the time. That to me is a better detector for $500.

Teknetics and Fisher are swamped with people upgrading their T2 and F75 detectors with DST to help calm down EMI issues for some reason. I guess they should have been told to turn down the sensitivity. I really liked my T2, but I was limited to where I could hunt with it. Maybe the areas that you hunt don't have a lot of EMI. Around here I'd be lucky to find 20 yards out of a 100 that didn't have a lot of EMI.

tabman

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Teknetics and Fisher are swamped with people upgrading their T2 and F75 detectors with DST to help calm down EMI issues for some reason. I guess they should have been told to turn down the sensitivity. I really liked my T2, but I was limited to where I could hunt with it. Maybe the areas that you hunt don't have a lot of EMI. Around here I'd be lucky to find 20 yards out of a 100 that didn't have a lot of EMI.

tabman

The question was a $500 detector that's better than a vaq. People always want to believe the grass is greener. I also read reviews saying the upgrade really didn't add much to performance. So with upgrade you are jumping up to a detectorway more expensive detector than $500 right? If you think a t2 suffers in depth running not wide open your mistaken. Anyone that has been on these forums knows how you are with Tesoro's. After all that's why I bought mine that and videoes like you posted. Problem was trying to get same results.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If there is a BETTER metal detector than the Tesoro Vaquero for under $500.00, show it t o me!

Let's make it $600.00 - Is there a better, deeper machine than the Tesoro Vaquero?

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MX-5, Gold Bug Pro, Explorer (Any version), Makro Racer, Nokta Fors CoRe, F-44, ATPro are a few off the top of my head

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gold Bug Pro - $635.00

Makro Racer - $650.00

Nokta Fors CoRe - $595.00

Fisher F-44 - Give me a break! $350.00

Garrett AT Pro - $595.00

None of these machines are BETTER than the Tesoro Vaquero, not one.

Carpdogman

Aug 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The finds keep coming with my Vaquero. Relics, Coins, and a rare Gold Nugget. Best Bang for the Buck. Oh Yeh, I own a Cibola, Lobo Supertrac, and Whites TDI SL too.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The question was a $500 detector that's better than a vaq. People always want to believe the grass is greener. I also read reviews saying the upgrade really didn't add much to performance. So with upgrade you are jumping up to a detectorway more expensive detector than $500 right? If you think a t2 suffers in depth running not wide open your mistaken. Anyone that has been on these forums knows how you are with Tesoro's. After all that's why I bought mine that and videoes like you posted. Problem was trying to get same results.

So far this year::icon_scratch:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/f...sher-f75ltd-dst-locked-like-pit-bull-dog.html

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/fisher-research-labs/488615-fisher-f75se-dst-unearths-11-silver-coins.html

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/f...e-dst-beats-modded-tesoro-cibola-two-one.html

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...ics-omega-8000-version-5-real-coin-hound.html

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/teknetics/489060-teknetics-omega-8000-v5-first-target-silver.html

jimmyzr1

Jun 12, 2010
Sacramento, Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Ctx-3030, Excalibur sword, XP Deus, 3 Garrett propointers, White's Tdi SL, VX3, 6000 Di Pro SL, Mx sport, Tesoro Tiger shark and more
I'm just curious, which Tesoro detector in your opinions, is the deepest and most accurate?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm just curious, which Tesoro detector in your opinions, is the deepest and most accurate?

Depends what you are looking for. I would say the two purely deep machines would be the Sand Shark (Pulse Induction), and the Tejon (VLF).

jimmyzr1

Jun 12, 2010
Sacramento, Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Ctx-3030, Excalibur sword, XP Deus, 3 Garrett propointers, White's Tdi SL, VX3, 6000 Di Pro SL, Mx sport, Tesoro Tiger shark and more
Deep silver coins and jewelry on land. So the Tejon is deeper than the Vaquero? Is it more accurate as well?

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easiest challenge ever. I own both and it's not even close.

True. Not even on the same planet! Oh, & dont forget the Omega Terry. It is faster, just as light, deeper & better disc, more options than the Vaq. Put it in single tone, & don't look at the screen if you would prefer to downgrade it to a Vaquero, lol. JMO

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Deep silver coins and jewelry on land. So the Tejon is deeper than the Vaquero? Is it more accurate as well?

Yes, with the 11" x 8" Widescan coil it is a killer!

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think people get to wrapped up in the "deepest" and The "fastest"......This doesnt always mean the "best".....and opinions will vary. For me, i have owned a bunch of detectors and for under 600 bucks, i call it a tie between the Vaquero and the AT pro.....if the pro wasnt waterproof i would give the nod to the Vaq. The T2/ F75 ltd fall to pieces in bad ground.....the Vaquero and AT gold hold their depth in my ground better.....plain and simple. Just because a machine will sound of on a target doesnt mean a thing if its IDing that minnieball as a nail! In some parts of the country, the T2/F75 will smoke the Tesoro and Garrett.....not here, not for me!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread