This weeks 68 Boxes (Halfs) and 18 Boxes (Pennies)

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Long story short: 56 40%, 5 90%, 18% copper, and a silver dime.
IMG_9041.JPG

Long story:
Monday- 12 boxes of halfs and 8 boxes of pennies
Tuesday- 16 boxes of halfs and 4 boxes of pennies
Thursday- 18 boxes of halfs and 8 boxes of pennies
Friday- 18 boxes of halfs
Saturday- 4 boxes of halfs

Monday-Thursday turned up boxes just looking like this:
image-1918741071.jpg
And giving up minimal silver. Huge bummer but I figure with such a large volume, things will turn around eventually. 5 of my penny boxes Monday were brand new :( I hate those brand new boxes. Funny thing was I was dumping them (In Bags) And the guy behind me started freaking out that I had so many new pennies, and ended up buying a $50 bag from me right there lol.

One of my Tuesdays boxes looked like this:
image-3493353234.jpg
Got all excited and ended up with 1 Ben, and 1 40% for the whole day! lol. I've learned that enders mean nothing.

Thursdays pennies produced this little guy:
IMG_9023[1].JPG
A '49 dime lol! Silver in the most unexpected places!

Had 6 suppppper wierd boxes, still trying to figure them out haha:
IMG_9018.JPG

Today (Friday) I picked up a few boxes, all had weird writing on them:
IMG_9034.JPG
IMG_9035.JPG
IMG_9036.JPG
IMG_9037.JPG
Funny thing was I picked them up at a Chase. I noticed one was dated July 03 2013, and got super excited. Cracked it open, BOOM! 2 enders. Box ended up giving up 3 90% and 28 40%'s. This box saved my whole week lol. Some rolls had 4 silver in them! Like this ender roll:
IMG_9042[1].JPG

Found this guy when dumping! Nice condition!
IMG_9033.JPG

I've got about a CTU and a half I need to sell. I'll get 210 for it when I call my guy. I've also got 5 rolls of 40%'s to sell, I'll get 300-350 for those. So with that money I'm gonna buy a little portable counter. Probably a CS-2000, then no bank can turn me down for dumping muah ha ha. I tried dumping at a new branch this week, and the lady would not give me instant credit. It drove me CRAZY because when I signed up for the account I specifically said "I only want this account if I can get instant credit". Any ways, the teller said we would have to count out all the halfs if I wanted instant credit, what a joke. I'll bring my machine in and it'll take 10 minutes and I can get my instant credit lol. That's the plan any way. I'll see if I follow through in a few weeks. I've wanted a counter for some time now, but haven't had that extra push to buy it.

My pennies produced the following... 18 boxes, 5 new (not factored into %), 169 wheat, 26 dimes (1 silver), and 56 foreign. Giving up 63.3lbs of copper which came out to be 17.6% copper, which is pretty good down here in D12.

Not the 25oz I was looking to get over break, but pretty damn close. Think I got 17oz these last 2 weeks. Things will pick up If I can hold the volume up. Thanks for reading my post guys :D hope your weeks produced well also.

Attachments

• IMG_9038.JPG
    IMG_9038.JPG
    809.6 KB · Views: 141
Upvote 0

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do your half dollar rolls have a perfed edge on them to rip them open like that or are you using some sort of tool to do it? If a tool does it cut the coins?

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol, I only did that to the 2 ender rolls, the other coins are smashed. I posted a video a while back, I think the thread was called something like, "How do you volume guys open rolls".

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
That is and always will be a secret :) (Don't take it the wrong way) haha, Lets just say it started at a few hundred with nickels and dimes and in the past 5-6 months I'm up to ^. Wonder where I'll be in another 6 months :D

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Omegas bankroll is $32000. He has his dumps helicoptered to the bank in 55 gallon drums.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
TG for that 31 keeper box from Chase. Why can't they all be like that one right? Nice finding silver in a cent roll too.....silver does show up in the most unexpected places sometimes. :icon_scratch:

Like the Bender too!

Good luck with your 2014 goals and H$H!

Last edited:

uncubano13

Jun 25, 2013
Wyoming, MI
Detector(s) used
Bought 2 of them from garage sales
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
were the 6 weird boxes not sealed when you got them, I have known some to be pre opened and randomly spot checked the rolls by tellers prior to handing them out, im thinking all those that looked rerolled were enders?! lol

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Omega, your 6 weird boxes are repacks, someone is searching them then turning them in in the boxes somewhere and ( some banks) don't unroll them, they just ship them back to the carrier like that, that is how you end up with a repack as I we call them, it sucks, but it happens. I could show you tons of them I've had in the past. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Omega, your 6 weird boxes are repacks, someone is searching them then turning them in in the boxes somewhere and ( some banks) don't unroll them, they just ship them back to the carrier like that, that is how you end up with a repack as I we call them, it sucks, but it happens. I could show you tons of them I've had in the past. HH, Maverick.

Well funny thing is that half of the rolls were unsearched. and some were CWR, I ended up getting 3 silver from the boxes lol!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Ya, I've had some that some of the roll not opened, I assume that either the rolls were too damaged to put in the box and they just supplemented those with a few fresh rolls.

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Ya, I've had some that some of the roll not opened, I assume that either the rolls were too damaged to put in the box and they just supplemented those with a few fresh rolls.

Don't know, buy found silver so I was happy

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Here are a few that I've had in the past. You can see some of the rolls weren't opened, could be someone weighing the rolls too.

Attachments

• DSCN6168.JPG
    DSCN6168.JPG
    196.9 KB · Views: 98
  • DSCN5441.JPG
    DSCN5441.JPG
    891.9 KB · Views: 101
  • DSCN5958.JPG
    DSCN5958.JPG
    237 KB · Views: 93

uncubano13

Jun 25, 2013
Wyoming, MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But were any of those weird boxes sealed or already open? that is the question?!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
But were any of those weird boxes sealed or already open? that is the question?!

Some of mine were sealed in new boxes, some were taped back up and some were just left opened, I know you were probably asking Omega though. . HH, Maverick.

uncubano13

Jun 25, 2013
Wyoming, MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of mine were sealed in new boxes, some were taped back up and some were just left opened, I know you were probably asking Omega though. . HH, Maverick.

yeah I was but even with yours if they were sealed from factory they shouldnt have been tampered with then, obviously if they were taped or just plain left open thats understandable that it may have been gone through already...

Danman

Dec 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
How are you able to get 68 boxes of half dollars in one week? It has to be such a pain to haul all those coins back to dump banks.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
yeah I was but even with yours if they were sealed from factory they shouldnt have been tampered with then, obviously if they were taped or just plain left open thats understandable that it may have been gone through already...

Some times they will put the searched rolls they get into a new box for some reason, maybe the box was too damaged from who ever turned in to the bank.

uncubano13

Jun 25, 2013
Wyoming, MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some times they will put the searched rolls they get into a new box for some reason, maybe the box was too damaged from who ever turned in to the bank.

I have never heard of that or seen that myself in over 14 years...a sealed box should be a sealed everything in the box as well! lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread