thought some people might fing this interesting

KOC

Aug 20, 2006
I went to rent a movie today and as i was walking out took a glance at a little donation box that they
had and in it I spotted a steel penny that someone had just thrown in there as extra change Wish i could have been the one to get it in change. :-\ at least it was for a good cause.I didnt think there were anymore in circulation
but i guess i was wrong.Well just thought you guys might find it interesting and Merry Christmas.

KOC

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
yup they are still out there. i got one in my change last year. too bad you couldnt get your hand in that box! ;) :D

OP
OP
KOC

KOC

Aug 20, 2006
I Know trust me that was my first though!

bill gent

Sep 22, 2006
jersey city new jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
somehow if caught I dont think the judge would accept the collector excuse remember the law of murphy if anybodies gonna get caught it will be you

T

TheDetectorist

I'm sure most of you are familiar with the annual fireman's "fill the boot" campaign for muscular distraphy (sp?). Every year we dump everything out on the dining table and begin sorting and counting. We always find religious medals, rings, tokens, and wheat cents. I haven't seen any silver coins yet, but I'm ready to buy them out every year if I find any.

TD

Mojave

Nov 19, 2006
Louisville Colorado
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III, Whites GMT, Bounty Hunters, Raytek & Aqua Survey
I find them all the time in the "Coinstar" bin at the grocery store....I have also found several walking halves, franklin halves, Eisenhower and Kennedy halves...........It's amazing that so many people don't know that coins go into that bin if they can't be processed.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions