Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

TheseTwo

Greenie
Nov 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe these two can head on over to Sierra Leone next to try and dig some diamonds !

Africans have been exploited for a LONG time - from colonialism to present. Sierra Leone ? has over 100,000 workers working for $1 a day. MOST die before they are 35 working in the pits.

Diamonds were marketed in the US heavily in the early 1970's.

The whole guilt issue 'if you love her, buy her a diamond'

'let her know'

Diamonds in Africa tell a dark story of how Africa has been taken advantage of, and so does gold.

After the cold war ? Africa became a free for all for many nations intelligence communities. It's been exploited in many ways.

That these two went from flipping houses to flipping people off in Ghana ? bothers me.

That Discovery Channel can't see through these two ? that they even present what these two are doing ? as legit ? I find disturbing.

REAL treasure hunters, prospectors ? RESPECT their environment. They CARE about other people. The hunt IS the adventure and the adventure IS the life and maybe you find something ? maybe you don't ? but you plan ahead and in the end you can look back and say- the view was AMAZING - the people were INTERESTING - the night sky was SPECTACULAR- and maybe 'the bugs were horrible' heh, but STILL - there is a SPARKLE in a REAL treasure hunters eyes.

These two guys ? They don't WANT to be there. If they could just hire someone to do it for them - they would, kind of like the guy who's funding them with 150k. That guy has all those 'things' but he doesn't come across as anyone I'd like to hang out with, why ? because - all he cares about is himself.

THAT is not what makes a life worth living. What makes life worth living is INTEGRATING with other people- and when you do pass away ? old age ? whatever ? You can look back and say- ahhhh... look at all this life that will move forward, I sure am glad I had a chance to be a part of something that will likely be ever lasting.

These two ? Probably have their private afterlife plan allllll figured out - streets paved of gold !

Me ? I look for people who CARE about other people- that's why these two stand out so dark to me- they don't respect anyone they work with and you can SEE IT in the EYES of their workers, the workers are all blank stare faces they KNOW these two guys don't care about them, all they care about is the gold.

So sad Discovery Channel stooped this low to make treasure hunting look like it's as these two guys present it as.

Oh well- REAL treasure hunters don't have the time to be watching TV anyway. So - makes one wonder what demographic Discovery was targeting with this show. Maybe the idea was to get a whole bunch of American's excited to flood Ghana so there will be a broader base of American's in Ghana so the bigger companies will have it easier.

The show smells of propaganda - Carlyle is likely behind Gold Rush Alaska - get more people up to the Klondike - then ? hey- when Carlyle needs people ? They'll be there !

TheseTwo

Greenie
Nov 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Off subject ?

One gold mining show I DO like ? is Bering Sea Gold and Under the Ice.

It shows the hard work involved and risks one takes with their lives.

Me ? I'd be panicking a shark is coming heh-

I wouldn't mind seeing a show about river dredging. There would be risks, I once crossed a river in Blairsville PA when heading to Bear Cave and got 30 feet out - it seemed only 2 feet deep but my oh my - the current just took me away. I for the first time realized how people drown in rivers - even 2 feet was powerful enough to pull me feet out. So river dredging would be tough but I think if I did mine for gold ? It would probably be through studying Google maps trying to find where rivers had once been, not unlike what the Big Nugget Mine in Gold Rush Alaska did over the winter, finding an area where a river once was.

I ALSO think metal detector mining might be fun. There is this one guy in Australia on youtube, he goes out and always finds something nice and then yells "BUGGER", he's found nuggets several ounces out in the barren lands in Australia. Just amazes me it's there. North of Queensland if I recall. I wrote him - he's pretty cool. I write a LOT of people on these reality TV shows and often hear back- the internet makes for an entirely new kind of TV. I don't think these two guys would ever write me back, but I don't support the idea that the world owes you something and it's just there for the taking too !

These two guys make life sound so rough. "Man, if we don't find gold soon, I won't be able to make payments on the Escalade and me Lear Jet this month, and I do not - TRUST ME - DO NOT want to lose that Jet ! That thing cost me 14 million and I can BARELY afford the $110,000 a month to maintain it - and THAT is exactly why we need to find some gold today... Maybe I can get them to sacrifice something bigger, like an elephant... "

Bering Sea Ice has some cool people though. At first I thought the son on the big dredger with the Back hoe was not cool at all, then I realized, I mis-read him. Man oh man, Bering Sea Gold had this one guy - no one could work with, he even got into a fight when they had an end of Season get together to talk about the show - he just went at the other guy right there on the camera - police came. LOL - and well- not so funny. In a BIZARRE way I did like him though even though he said up front "I don't like people". He CALLS you to like him - heh, you could see he's so helplessly isolationist. But THESE TWO GUYS ? they don't call me to like them- they call me to vomit. There is nothing more vile than people that dress well, wear the hair gel, step in without competence but talk as if they are, and start bossing people around all the while making sure everything know the world revolves around them. All I ever picture with THESE two guys is ? after they get their gold ? They are perpetually out on some lake jet skiiing - one with a budweiser in hand, the other dropping 14 lobster tails on a grill with a bottle of champagne pulled from a case sitting in the Mercedes 2012 family SUV that they are thinking of trading in for a 2013 because the 2013 has a bigger LCD in the back for the kids.

Well George and Scott ?

When you're done braving the jungles of Ghana from your hotel room where you seem to have ample supply of hair gel ?

May you get that 3rd Jet Ski - and hey- maybe you can move out of your 1.4 million dollar homes and upgrade to a 3.4 million mansion after all- you two deserve it after all your hard work.

I bet George and Scott won't even give bonuses to the workers of the backhoe and other help they have.

I bet it's cash in and GET OUT OF GHANA ASAP.

Let's hope if they do score they go back and pay those natives who built the bridge that made it ALL possible- MORE than $10, and that they don't just extract the resources out of Africa leaving it in the dust as they fly off to go buy some jet ski's going 'Hey man, let's order 200 lbs of Lobster tail when we get back and go out to the lake and live off the land with champagne and lobster tail '.

Hey George and Scott- you COULD have sold your wedding rings too ! to pay the mortgage.

The ring is ONLY A symbol - the love is ALWAYS REAL with or without the ring - well- one would hope.

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, this weeks show,... just wow.

Only gold mining was a couple locals. There wouldn't be 5 minutes to make a good show. I don't get why they thing the pretend drama is interesting. More interesting was walmart last night. Pure gold there.

... oh god. They just showed next weeks,.. someone steals their bag with all the cash in it.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, this weeks show,... just wow.

Only gold mining was a couple locals. There wouldn't be 5 minutes to make a good show. I don't get why they thing the pretend drama is interesting. More interesting was walmart last night. Pure gold there.

... oh god. They just showed next weeks,.. someone steals their bag with all the cash in it.

:laughing9: I wonder how many of the so called Locals have SAG Cards.
they speak they get paid :laughing7:

TheseTwo

Greenie
Nov 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone said they get their money stolen in Ep. 5

I can see it now

"Honey ? How are you ? They stole our money today"

wife: "I'm filing for divorce"

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HaHa they can't convince me she doesn't have access to a checking account & at least 2 savings accounts .

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O dumb de dumb O dumb de dumb O de dumb de dumb....I still ask the question,will they end up in a wok or boiling african stew pot?? John :headbang:

leenie

Dec 30, 2006
Northwest Indiana
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro xp dues
Do you know why cannibals eat missionaries? Politicians and gold miners are too hard to clean!:laughing7:

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't even get through this weeks show. I erased it from my dvr and stopped recording the series. Couple of big city panzy a$$ wannabes who couldn't find gold if they were standing in Fort Knox. Just too much BS!

B H Prospector

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
A cheap little Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does seem to be too perfect a comedy of errors.
So I want to share some real Comedy.
Turkey Season.jpg

HondoMiner

Dec 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watching these shows is a learning experience. There is a better way. A more nostalgic and less damaging way.

Last month I shot a video and then put together a website. The next step is to shoot a pilot that follows us taking the dredge to the river, setting up camp and mining. Part of the funds from gold and any funds from a prospective show would go directly to the local community for a medical clinic and reforestation efforts.

Here is the site and video

THE NEXT GENERATION OF GOLD MINING REALITY SHOWS | TrueGold

https://www.facebook.com/HondoGold

Miners can take the high road, if they choose to.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jungle Gold - a story about two 'get rich quick' schemers who lost a million in the housing bubble, watch as they lose another million trying to scam their way to the gold by getting other people to do the work for them. We CAN do better!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: I'd swear these guys think they can find 50% gold in every bucket of dirt

Reptisillious

Greenie
Oct 14, 2012
It is like a horrible car wreck, you have to look. I'm just waiting for the machete episode in season finale.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm waiting for them to begin prostituting themselves to make cash!

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All they do is run around, they never really mine for gold, they let the locals and their ill informed partners do all of that.

What a horrible show, the only reason why it keeps me checking in every once in a while is because of some sort of sick suspense as to what might happen next.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm hoping "BAMAZON" on History channel this month is worth watching. At least it's not produced by Cristo Doyle so it has a chance.
Although the teasers for it look pretty lame. :dontknow:

GG~

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm hoping "BAMAZON" on History channel this month is worth watching. At least it's not produced by Cristo Doyle so it has a chance.
Although the teasers for it look pretty lame. :dontknow:

GG~

Like Amish Mafia, Not about gold or treasure so not sure I will give it a look.
I know for a fact Amish Mafia will be 100% fake because no real Amish person would be on TV
or support violence. they call the state police when they need help, not Hit Men :tongue3:
add to that taking the law into your hands is illegal.
the feds & police would be all over them.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread