Three-Cent Piece (Pic Added)

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Hey, my fellow treasure hunters, I am posting to show my dominance over doyboy. Blitz and I decided to hit the defunct amusement park that has produced an 1891-0 Morgan and a handful of old coins. I researched this park last winter and it ended in 1915, so I had hopes of finding some older silver.

Well, the day began with Blitz finding a Shield nickel. After about 2 hours, I had nothing to show for, so we decided to hit an area that produced a Barber dime and a few Injuns during the summer. After recovering three Indian Heads, I started to crawl underneath fallen trees, while the entire time I was slowly swinging in hopes of getting signals. Then, all of a sudden, I got a reading that was jumping up and down on the meter, but was solid enough to dig. After digging down 3 inches, out popped what I never expected: an 1852 three-cent silver piece.

So, doy, it looks like your two-cent piece isn't good enough to win the competition today. Better luck next time, doy doy.

I will have a pic by Tuesday.

Upvote 0

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Three-Cent Piece

Way to go ZoyBoy, I bet you were using that famous Double D coil too! What compition you guys have going between yourselves. Thant's a GREAT find.

HH, Ringfinder

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good find...I'm looking forward to the pic!

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice!

HH
-GC

D

doyboy

WTG on the research and the recovery as well, zoy! Finally, we see some unique silver on this forum. Zoy, you are the best damn treasure hunter on this side of the Susquehanna. hehehehe

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

That's the way to keep the competition alive and kicking, Zoy! ;)

Sure would like to see some pictures of that coin. Can't you row across the Susquehanna and borrow Doy's camera or something? ::) :P

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Congrat's on the three-center Zoy...Post a pic when you can!!...You and Doy aren't brother's are you??,resemblance is too close...HHoliday's!!

D

doyboy

We're identical twins, but the pic that I posted of zoyster was from his Junior year in high school, and it doesn't show quite a resemblance.

Mona, you should have seen us "one-upping" each other. Zoy and Blitz walked in the house and it all started; Blitz handed me his Shield nickel, and I handed him my two-cent piece (hehehe - I won). Then, zoyboy proceeded to hand me his three-center (he won hehehe). THEN, Paco handed zoyboy his Colonial coin (Now Paco won for the day hehehehe). We were all "upping" each other without realizing it. You should have seen zoy "spazzing" out about his find. We all have a passion for this hobby like no other!!!!

DDEXPII

Aug 27, 2006
MA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER II & the sun ray probe

very cool thanks, me and my dad are like that my is bigger then yours

OP
OP
Colonial Zoyboy

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Here is a scanned pic of my three-center.

Attachments

• 3cents.jpg
    3cents.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 261
  • 3cents2.jpg
    3cents2.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 255

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is a really cool find!! I have one on my wish list!! :)

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Sweet find! I hope to find one someday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread