I'll be the OLD MAN with the Minelab hat

& Black Gold Prospectors Jacket ;D

BADDOG

Dec 21, 2004
Weeki Wachee, FL (north of Tampa)
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I've been doing eBay for years.
The advice I give everyone who wants to try it is just like everyone else said pick one thing your interested in and learn everything you can about it.
I have also found that garage sales are the best for deals. Don't be afraid to ask for a better price.
If it's in a garage sale they are probably just trying to get rid of it.
As you do more and more you will find more things to be on the watch for.
Just a couple of items I recently sold:
Time clock paid $5.00 sold $169.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MESO:IT&viewitem=&item=270065310085&rd=1&rd=1
Candlestick phone paid $2.00 sold $99.00 (funny thing is it was a lamp, noone bid on it, took the lamp parts off relisted it and it sold)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270060150145&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:IT&ih=017
Chevy AM/FM/CD paid $2.00 sold $82.77
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270050474221&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:IT&ih=017

These are just a few examples. If you look at my history you will see the items I've sold, just figure I paid $5.00 or less.
I recently picked up a radio alarm clock (Sony dream machine EZ Alarm) for $2.00 it sold for $129.00 Buy It Now
I bought this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270046756939
from a thrift store they almost begged me to take it, they didn't know what it was, I didn't either. I paid $15.00
As you can see there is no 1 thing you can look for. Look for items that look like they are worth more than what they are asking. You will make a profit most of the time.

Good Luck and HH

Baddog

T

TreasureTales

Baddog, great music on your eBay listing. You've made some great profits. Ever buy anything you just couldn't find a buyer for?

BADDOG

Dec 21, 2004
Weeki Wachee, FL (north of Tampa)
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Of coarse. I've actually bought things, got home looked them up and threw them away. Good news is with my general rule they were less than $5.00.
My theory is I used to smoke so I figure I was throwing away that money daily. It seems to make it easier.
A couple of my best finds:
I got a box with a video editor and title maker for $15.00 that sold for $1100.
I recently picked up a Nikon F4 with 4 lens and a flash for $50.00 at a thrift store. Camera didn't work, but it still all sold for over $1200.

Good Luck and HH

Baddog

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Old unused metal golf spikes I have been finding them at garage sales for 50 cents to a dollar and selling them for 20.00+.

Comanche Todd

Jan 24, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thrift shops are not good places to find items for resale, because most of the good stuff gets picked through by thirft shop employees and never gets put out on the sales floor.

in my experience, the best place to find cheap stuff for resale is at the Sunday flea market, because it's like one big YARD SALE, and if you get there early you can get some really good deals, and possibly rare or valuable items for resale

plus you can always try and get a lower price, retail stores wont haggle or give you a better price, but the vendors at Flea Markets will almost always make a deal

I mostly look for militaria collectables and knives

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some nice finds and resales BadDog.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread