Time to say hello!!!

Woodsie

Oct 25, 2006
Northeastern PA
Detector(s) used
XLT by Whites
Hi Everybody....I've been searching through this site for some time now and I think its about time I introduce myself.
I'm Woodsie and I live in Northeastern Pennsylvania. I have been metal detecting for the past 19 years and have accumulated quite a bit of finds. Mostly coins. Lots of silver and enough pull tabs to circle the earth...well almost. I get out quite a bit and still in pretty good shape for an old guy. 68 on Nov 9. I now have five detectors. My last two have been White's...the Spectrum and now the XLT. Hope to post some pix soon. In the meantime..best wishes to all on the site and happy hunting. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Woodsie

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Hey Woodsie! From one old guy to another, Welcome to TN!! You sound like you know what you're doing! How many coins?

HH Joe

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Welcome aboard Woodsie,

Glad to have you with us. There a lot of us here from Pennsylvania. Happy Birthday - Hope it is a great day for you.

OP
OP
Woodsie

Woodsie

Oct 25, 2006
Northeastern PA
Detector(s) used
XLT by Whites
Hi Joe , Thanks for the welcome. How many coins? I lost count a long time ago. I did keep a journal when I first started but I gave that up. I did sell off some of the more battered and worn coins a few years ago. I stopped saving a lot of the "Junk". I now have most of the good coins in 2x2 holders and their in a large notebook. A lot of the better ones are in a safe deposit box. When I first started it was common to find a lot of Merc's and Rosies...Now a day..it's a lot harder. I keep up with the tech side of things. Almost bought a Minelab but I tried one out one day...it was great but left my shoulder and arm a little sore. I'm sure once you get used to it, it would be alright.

Thanks again for the welcome ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Woodsie

OP
OP
Woodsie

Woodsie

Oct 25, 2006
Northeastern PA
Detector(s) used
XLT by Whites
Ron...Thanks for the welcome..I'm just across the state from you in the Wilkes-Barre area.

Tom

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
nice to meet you woodsie! i cant wait to see some of those pics you talked about! ;)

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard Woodsie and Happy Birthday! Let's see those finds! ;D

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the TN and please post your finds during the winter to give all the snow bunnies a fix. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Burdie :)

Thorndog

Oct 24, 2006
Yuma, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver umax
Hey Woodsie! Welcome! I have a birthday as well on November 9th! I'll be 39. Great to have you aboard!

Thorndog

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Woodsie to the forum ! Looking forward to seeing your finds. My birthday is coming on "Lucky 13th."

Huntin' 59er

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
Welcome Woodsie. I know what you mean about the weight of the Minelabs. I have a swingy thingy to keep the Explorer II from wearing my shoulder too bad (I've had both shoulders fixed already and I'm only 50). The Xterra 70 is easy to swing like your machines so I use it quite a bit for that reason. You are going to like this site, real good folks here with great advice.

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Woodsie, welcome to the forum, it is great to have you on board..... Cannot wait to see your major finds.... With that amount of years behind you, I am sure you will be a great asset to us here.

Happy Birthday for the 9th, may God bless you in abundance.

God bless
Peter

Kale1

Nov 2, 2006
Welcome Woodsie,new here myself. I'm 44 a disable vet with neck problems and on meds for that. But that is why I use a DFX very lite on the arm and neck.So I do know what you mean about some of those other Detectors.Good Luck on your next hunt.

DigMO

Sep 29, 2006
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX,Whites 6000 Di PRO SL
Wecome Woodsie, I'm another newbie.My dad is from your area.Would love to get back up there some time and go around my grandma's old place.Take care-HH.

OP
OP
Woodsie

Woodsie

Oct 25, 2006
Northeastern PA
Detector(s) used
XLT by Whites
I want to thank all of you for the very kind welcomes you have given me. I will try to get som Pix up. Next week will be pretty busy,,My son is getting married in N.J.

Again Thanks

Happy Hunting

Woodsie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions