ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When i think of subs... the story of The Hunley always flashes through my head... just crazy.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can still remember the very first time i dove... that feeling stayed with me to this very day.
I get anxiety AT ANY depth i cannot push off bottom from.
Therefore i have always said to others when talking about diving... I am a shallow water diver.
Anything deeper than 50 and i am uncomfortable.
In my youth i was crazy...
but never crazy enough to get into a sub.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Banging sounds, heard across 30 minute intervals, have now been detected by a Canadian seaplane, sending authorities scrambling to locate their source.
Built to dive to depths of 13,123 feet (4,000 meters) and travel at 3 knots (3.5 mph, or 5.6 km/h), the craft is 22 feet (6.7 m) long and weighs 23,000 pounds (10,400 kilograms).

Most major marine operators follow standards set by ship classification societies, although there is no legal requirement to seek classification.

The Titan is a custom-built vessel that has not had its design classified. Made from titanium and filament-wound carbon fiber, the submersible is bolted from the outside. This means that the crew inside cannot open it — to be let out, a team on the surface must unseal the hatch.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be right at home in Nome Alaska... dredging for gold... i almost did it... i was gonna cross country drive it... BUT... one little thing stopped me.

COLD ! ! !

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oceangate, owner of sub fired an employee several years ago who claimed the glass viewing dome was only rated 1300 meters, not 13,000 feet.

Also just heard that a banging in 30 min increments has been detected and they are trying to locate it.

OP
OP
E

enrada

May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just the details not told;
In 2020 Rush admitted the hull showed signs of cyclic fatigue and as a result the depth rating they gave it was reduced to 3000 meters(not enough to get to the Titanic). The hull was was repaired or rebuilt twice during 20 and 21.
Maybe David Concannon could post the lawsuit where David Lochridge sued Oceangate and they fired him for exposing the real problems with Titan. How much did Oceangate pay him to just go away? Even the company that manufactured the viewing port would only certify it to 1300 meters because Oceangate wouldn't pay them. The problems just keep compounding when a person starts doing due diligence. Love to see a copy of that lawsuit and see how many issues that David Lochridge put forward came TRUE.

Magoopeter

Jan 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
underwater
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Really, all the back-room lawyers and want to be detectives should wait until the crew’s fate is known, before launching the types of statements made in some of these threads, if it was someone you knew trapped down there you’d feel disgusted by the lack of empathy and respect for human life shown here.
My mate has a girlfriend on the vessel thank god she did not go down in the sub she is safe, and that all she was allowed to say to him, the inside story will come out but show some feeling towards those people who are going through hell right now waiting on news of loved ones.

marconi beach

Jun 28, 2015
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
teknetics
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Not the best idea was it !! That thing was a custom built beer can death trap !! It dosent take a degree in engineering to look at the thing and go.....OH HELL NO !! and it's not always the case with billionaires that they have the brains to match there earnings. I have worked for billionaires most of my career, and I often wonder how they made any money at all !! I can't tell you how much money I have personally wasted for some real bad decisions that have been made by people that are considered wise, successful, and rich. My current boss is a lighting ✨️ mogul and billionaire.....he finally looked at me one day and said.....do you really think I know anything about how led lights actually work ? I don't, but I do know how to hire and manage the best people in the industry, and make lots of money. I have seen some real bad decisions made by these type people, and it was a bad decision to be talked into a death ride on a home made untested submarine for those billionaires on board that P.O.S. !! Just a bad decision......250,000$ to plunge to your death !!
I know the French pilot of this sub, great guy and true Titanic whiz. The wreck is in 2 pieces and is falling apart as we speak with him on board they would never try to penetrate.

Just pray that they can find them fast enough to get them to the surface and save their lives.

Whydah diver

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really, all the back-room lawyers and want to be detectives should wait until the crew’s fate is known, before launching the types of statements made in some of these threads, if it was someone you knew trapped down there you’d feel disgusted by the lack of empathy and respect for human life shown here.
My mate has a girlfriend on the vessel thank god she did not go down in the sub she is safe, and that all she was allowed to say to him, the inside story will come out but show some feeling towards those people who are going through hell right now waiting on news of loved ones.
I dont think there is any lack of empathy in this thread.

LandSeig

May 16, 2020
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, NEL Storm coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s kinda like the first American or Russian after WW2 that looked at the v2 rocket technology and was like “I wonder if we could put a couple of guys in there instead of explosives and aim it straight up…we could probably use the moon’s gravity to get them back…I mean we can at least try it.”

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To be sure.....I should apologize for mouthing off my opinions !! It was hasty and not very courteous of me to say things I really don't know much about. I apologize for the lack of thought before I posted !! Let's hope there will be a good outcome in the end !! Its easy to point fingers and criticize from the bleachers, and im guilty....sorry guys !!

jcc

Nov 15, 2018
Portage, MI
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter TR550-D
Primary Interest:
Other
A previous Russian Mir submersible was trapped under the Titanic propellers by the rip currents in 2000. It managed to escape after several hours. There are seven different emergency systems on the Titan including one of last resort that has no crew input. If it got wedged under wreckage, there might not be enough thrust to escape. Pray for the families and souls on board Titan.

Magoopeter

Jan 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
underwater
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
All my posts have dealt with FACT. Maybe you were referring to other posts.
Why do you feel the need to defend what you wrote then,
“Does this tell you that you have 1/100th of a second before the carbon fibre hull completely implodes”. do you think people what to hear facts just now?

OP
OP
E

enrada

May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody that doesn't want to hear facts which I posted just wants to hear yap. yap.yap. If you do some research and listen to some other experts in the industry they also suggest that the time limit between detection of hull deviation and implosion is less than a second. Do some research into David Lochridge and his interview and then come to your own conclusion about the safety of this submersible. Also accept that no other vessel is available on a time frame to untangle the submersible if caught in something. That is why I asked if anybody knew the name of the pipe laying vessel that is on site so that I could look up the equipment on board and see if any of it was of value in locating(sidescan) the submersible or if it had a ROV or AUV on board which would be able to solve an entanglement. Maybe you don't understand the technology needed to solve this issue. Just the facts.

OP
OP
E

enrada

May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A previous Russian Mir submersible was trapped under the Titanic propellers by the rip currents in 2000. It managed to escape after several hours. There are seven different emergency systems on the Titan including one of last resort that has no crew input. If it got wedged under wreckage, there might not be enough thrust to escape. Pray for the families and souls on board Titan.
I would appreciate if you would post details about the 7 different emergency system on the Titan.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread