Titanium ????

Meandmy7yrdson

Nov 8, 2008
Does anyone know of things that titanium comes in? I know its rare but what are some things to watch for. Some ppl will say im wasting my time but i know something out there can be found with it. Maybe even not "thrown away" per say but lack of knowledge of one person can defiantly prove to be the wealth of another. So please anyone who knows please post. Thanks in advance!!! George

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
Indeed, I think you are wasting your time, but if you have a dream then you should follow it.
Good luck.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
If you look up titanite in a rock and mineral guide you will find that large
masses are worked as an ore of titanium. Search at Brewster, N.Y. for
exceptionally large crystals. lastleg

EARL51

Nov 4, 2006
MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 70
I know the baskets that are used to hold the nickel chips in a nickel electroplating baths are titanium. Look for places going out of business.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Golf clubs. I cut literally thousands of pounds of the stuff maybe 12-13 years ago for a company here in Oregon that makes club heads.

We had a coupla sheets laying around and just the other day I cut a three layer titanium skateboard out. Spendiest skateboard I ever saw, LOL! :D

OP
OP
M

Meandmy7yrdson

Nov 8, 2008
Very interesting. Seems there is more titanium in front of our faces than we thought huh? Lol defiantly some good ideas here and will defiantly be keeping my eyes peeled for some of these items. And please any other ideas please post. Thanks to all that have posted with ideas and shown me that im not just wasting my breath....Lol Thanks all!!!!

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Probably best source for Ti would be aircraft parts... Military surplus. Rocket motors and jet parts.

Ha! Ha!
Awesome indestructible skateboard deck! But the kids have said they are too harsh, resonant, and don't have a 'feel' like the laminated wood decks... which they break on a regular basis!

:icon_sunny:

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
rmptr said:
Probably best source for Ti would be aircraft parts... Military surplus. Rocket motors and jet parts.

Ha! Ha!
Awesome indestructible skateboard deck! But the kids have said they are too harsh, resonant, and don't have a 'feel' like the laminated wood decks... which they break on a regular basis!

:icon_sunny:

No kidding-
I told the kid the only things to survive the nuclear holocaust was cockroaches and his skateboard! His mom didn't think that was funny... LOL!

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think some "high end" bicycle frames use titanium tubing .

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The exhaust system on my 2002 Corvette was made out of titanium for weight and strength.
I have a few sheets at the shop that I make light weight parts out of. Nice stuff.
Aircraft bolts are made out of it to. They are as light as aluminum.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and the insurance company paid $45,000 for the titanium it took to reconstruct my broken back. But I ain't about to give it up anytime soon........I hope!

M :wink: nty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread