TNet 2007 Holiday Clad Donations - final total donated - $18,620.50

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Re: TNet 2007 Holiday Clad Donations - running total donated - $4496.19

$106 to a special charity which sent enough seeds (veggie) to outback Russia to feed 40 families this next year. And a separate $100, which paid shipping for 67 pairs of shoes to the same place.

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
Re: TNet 2007 Holiday Clad Donations - running total donated - $4702.19

In the spirit of Tnet and in memory of my Neighbor "Moatsie"
Who passed away yesterday, I am donating $100 to his favorite
charity.
Neighbor Moatsie shared stories of his detecting adventures
back in the '70s. I have few friends on this earth, and he will
surely be missed!
I love you, you old son of a )(*$@!! :'(

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

$25 to UNICEF.

Merry Christmas and happy Holidays everyone!

GREAT POST BDOO!!!!!!

-CC

jamesw

Tenderfoot
Dec 1, 2005

I know it wasn't found clad, but our family sponsored a needy family this Christmas. I will be putting on my Santa's Hat, Christmas Day and deliver presents and Christmas Dinner. My kids got together, put their saved up coins together, and purchased a Carharrt Coat for a young orphan girl. I AM a very proud Dad, this Holiday!!!!!!

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II

You can add another $20 to the running total. Just trying to estimate how much I've cramed into those little red cans this season.

Merry Christmas Everyone.

dakotama95

Feb 26, 2007
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, White's DFX

I have donated $100.00 to the MS fund and I have donated $20.00 to the Salvation army. Merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone.

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Not a clad donation, but my wife and I gave a $500.00 donation to the Salvation Army and one of their families this week. Hope you can add this to your goal.

Merry Christmas

Chuck in Cape Coral

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

Raye,

I don't metal detect but we have a running till and a use can for the machines.
The crew and I counted these at a total of $72.80

we all agree that it will go to a good home in your project so it was converted to bills this AM
and placed in the kettle at our local Hobby Lobby.

Thanks for an awesome Idea.

Thom
Old Dog

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: TNet 2007 Holiday Clad Donations - running total donated - $6355.99

Put $25 in Quarters in kettle today

Thanks BDOOO

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: TNet 2007 Holiday Clad Donations - running total donated - $6680.99

Well we did this before I read your post but at work we collected over $300 for a needy family in the adopt a family program. We were able to purchase most of the items on their wish list. It is really sad when the kids are asking for clothes/shoes/coats and the parents want gift cards from the food store. I did sneak some toys in there with the other items....a few hand held video games for the boys and a some games the entire family could play together.

Also donated $10 towards toys for tots and I believe my wife sent in $50 to Sloan Kettering which we try to do each year.

Congratulations to everyone donating this holiday season...bravo to you all.

NJ

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I used $75.00 in clad to buy 2 artificial Xmas trees and donated them to 2 needy families in my city.

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I don't know if this counts or not but I will still share my experience with you I went into the local wal-mart here in town and was just walking around looking for a Christmas present for my little sister. There where two adults standing there with what looked like a 7-8 year old little girl that was in a wheelchair, she wanted a bike for Christmas and her parents told her they didn't have enough money and her surgery wouldn't allow her to ride the bike, now you could look at these people and tell that they did not have much money, well the dad rolled the little girl away and her mom was talking to a women that worked there about possibly putting the bike on layaway, she said that she walmart didn't offer layaway anymore and the women just broke down into tears, I know that this was none of business and that i shouldn't have gotten involved but I did. The family had some odd and end grocery items that they had to pay for, so when she left I walked over to the bikes and the price tag said 75.95 I rolled the bike up to front, paid the 75 bucks to one of the 5 cashiers, and told her to please give it to the little girl in the wheelchair with the poorly dressed parents, and tell them that this is from an anonymous buyer. She said she would. I just went back yesterday to buy some steaks and looked for the cashier that I gave the bike to and surprisingly she was there I asked if she remembered me from a few days ago and she said no, then I reminded her, she smiled and said that she had only seen 2 men cry in her entire life and that little girls daddy was the 2nd. I hope she likes her new present.I want to wish all you a merry Christmas and a very happy new year

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Well, here is number 3. That good deed brought tears to my eyes. What FANTASTIC thing you did for that little girl. May you be blessed for the rest of your life!

Chuck in Cape Coral

matthewh05 said:
I don't know if this counts or not but I will still share my experience with you I went into the local wal-mart here in town and was just walking around looking for a Christmas present for my little sister. There where two adults standing there with what looked like a 7-8 year old little girl that was in a wheelchair, she wanted a bike for Christmas and her parents told her they didn't have enough money and her surgery wouldn't allow her to ride the bike, now you could look at these people and tell that they did not have much money, well the dad rolled the little girl away and her mom was talking to a women that worked there about possibly putting the bike on layaway, she said that she walmart didn't offer layaway anymore and the women just broke down into tears, I know that this was none of business and that i shouldn't have gotten involved but I did. The family had some odd and end grocery items that they had to pay for, so when she left I walked over to the bikes and the price tag said 75.95 I rolled the bike up to front, paid the 75 bucks to one of the 5 cashiers, and told her to please give it to the little girl in the wheelchair with the poorly dressed parents, and tell them that this is from an anonymous buyer. She said she would. I just went back yesterday to buy some steaks and looked for the cashier that I gave the bike to and surprisingly she was there I asked if she remembered me from a few days ago and she said no, then I reminded her, she smiled and said that she had only seen 2 men cry in her entire life and that little girls daddy was the 2nd. I hope she likes her new present. I want to wish all you a merry Christmas and a very happy new year

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

matthewh05 said:
I don't know if this counts or not but I will still share my experience with you I went into the local wal-mart here in town and was just walking around looking for a Christmas present for my little sister. There where two adults standing there with what looked like a 7-8 year old little girl that was in a wheelchair, she wanted a bike for Christmas and her parents told her they didn't have enough money and her surgery wouldn't allow her to ride the bike, now you could look at these people and tell that they did not have much money, well the dad rolled the little girl away and her mom was talking to a women that worked there about possibly putting the bike on layaway, she said that she walmart didn't offer layaway anymore and the women just broke down into tears, I know that this was none of business and that i shouldn't have gotten involved but I did. The family had some odd and end grocery items that they had to pay for, so when she left I walked over to the bikes and the price tag said 75.95 I rolled the bike up to front, paid the 75 bucks to one of the 5 cashiers, and told her to please give it to the little girl in the wheelchair with the poorly dressed parents, and tell them that this is from an anonymous buyer. She said she would. I just went back yesterday to buy some steaks and looked for the cashier that I gave the bike to and surprisingly she was there I asked if she remembered me from a few days ago and she said no, then I reminded her, she smiled and said that she had only seen 2 men cry in her entire life and that little girls daddy was the 2nd. I hope she likes her new present.I want to wish all you a merry Christmas and a very happy new year

Make that 4 men that cried. :'(

Ahhh, YES!!! this counts all right!!!!

Just beautiful kind man and THANK YOU for sharing.

This is what it is all about. :)

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

40.00 in toys/clothes for needy kids. (angel tree program) .

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND STAY WARM. :)

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Re: TNet 2007 Holiday Clad Donations - running total donated - $7531.94

Will be dropping off my finds this evening at the local Salvation Army bell ringer.... ;).... :D...which totals $4.00.

Thank You TNet and hope you and everyone else's family has a safe and HAPPY HOLIDAY..... 8)

andy905

Nov 29, 2007

Hello my name is adrian, and live in Huntington, Indiana and every year my family and I donate time and money to the worthy causes of our community every year for the past four years we pick about five name's from the cristmas tree at our local wal-mart and buy gift's for those kids in need the ave per child we spend is about $50.00 and we also fill two family's tables with all the trimming's for the christmas and thanksgiving holiday we feel that it could easily be us on the other end and feel fortunate to be able to supply our kids with their wants and needs our kids also join in on this. we try to teach them to feel lucky that what we have is by the grace of god and our good fortune and that not everyone is in our situation so we must help those who need a hand out and that at any given time things could change.

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BDoo.............I did exactly that yesterday at WalMart....$15.00 of my clad ..exchanged it at the bank, went to Wal Mart to do some shopping and dropped it in the kettle...thanx for such a worthy cause..you're the man !!! Happy Holidays

Rick

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

rockyredbaron said:
BDoo.............I did exactly that yesterday at WalMart....$15.00 of my clad ..exchanged it at the bank, went to Wal Mart to do some shopping and dropped it in the kettle...thanx for such a worthy cause..you're the man !!! Happy Holidays
Rick

Thanks for letting us know.
I am just the scribe and one contributer just like you,
a man not the man :D

Have a great holiday Rick!

:) BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread