Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: TNet 2007 Holiday Clad Donations - running total donated - $10,438.73

Hi guys and Gals,

Just wanted to write and let you all know how much I love you guys..... That is worth more than any money hey :D But it is great to just see how generous the people of Tnet are.... I just dont have the words to say about this site... From the donations of money to great causes, to time given doing charity, to prayers when needed (I know more about that than anybody) to free detectors, helping the poor and needy, etc etc etc........ Man what a great site ;) claps to all of you........

As far as donations are concerned for this event, South african rands are not the easiest to work with,,,, but anyway, I have given lots of food parcels out during the year, plus for the last 15 years given R20 to Misson Aviation Fellowship.... plus other too numerous to mention...... But my best so far is in the work in Uganda that we are doing as a group (not just me)...... We have amoungst us been to Uganda about 20 times, Ive been 4 times doing missionary work and building a church building, and building up the people. This does cost a lot, each person paying for themselves..... Each trip around R14000 ($2300.00 US).

Guys and Gals, keep up the great work now and during the year to come, dont let this be a once off thing. I wish you all a very happy Christmas and a really blessed new year, and I pray for God's blessings on all of you.

God bless
Peter

ivy_walls

Sep 1, 2006
Mishawaka Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE & Garrett Ace 250
Re: TNet 2007 Holiday Clad Donations - running total donated - $10,731.40

I started giving all my clad to Compassion International in August. Specifically to help kids who have not been sponsered. ..... total so far .... $ 31.00

Mark

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
Re: TNet 2007 Holiday Clad Donations - running total donated - $10,761.40

:)Each year at work we have 6 "Angel Tree's" around our facility provided by the Salvation Army. There are cards on the tree's with kids names and the gift and clothes they want for Christmas. I have a grand -daughter so I always pick a girl the same age as her each year (9 YO). I always buy a few toys and a full set of clothes. I always make sure I buy them a nice warm jacket. I go to a Discout store that allows me to get all of this at a fair price. I spent a total of $35 on my Angel this year. I hope she gets more but at least it warms my heart to know that at the minimum she will at least get what I bought her. Thanks for running this thread. Merry Christmas to all. :)

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Re: TNet 2007 Holiday Clad Donations - running total donated - $10,796.40

hoosierfinds said:
I used my quarters for washing my car during the year - but, yesterday I dropped my year's finds of $6.90 in clad dimes in the Salvation Army bucket on the way out to MD.

:)

Thanks Hoosierfinds!! Every bit helps someone for sure.
Glad you're on board! Happy holidays!

:) BDoo

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Re: TNet 2007 Holiday Clad Donations - running total donated - $10,803.30

every year I buy piece of property from the local back tax auction and donate it to the habitat for humanity.
this year i managed to get 2 pieces side by side, enough room to build 3 new houses, I don't know what the value would be but I paid $1250.00 for both pieces.
Have a Merry Christmas to one and all, Sniffer

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Re: TNet 2007 Holiday Clad Donations - running total donated - $10,803.30

Clad 2 meet u said:
5 bucks in the kettle and about 4 grand in kids clothes were delivered. We've been saving the clothing every since my kids were younger (4 years now) and in order to make some space and hopefully give someone something they can use, I loaded up the car and hauled 21 garbage bags full.

:) Merry Christmas to all :)

Wow Greg, that's a great gift that must have made many many kids happy this season. I will put $2000 for the clothes(4000 X50% for resale value) and $5 into the total for you.

Have a wonderful holiday season and hope 2008 is a good one for you and your family. See you soon brother!

Smiles!
BDoo

Thanks my good friend

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Re: TNet 2007 Holiday Clad Donations - running total donated - $12,053.30

sniffer said:
every year I buy piece of property from the local back tax auction and donate it to the habitat for humanity.
this year i managed to get 2 pieces side by side, enough room to build 3 new houses, I don't know what the value would be but I paid $1250.00 for both pieces.
Have a Merry Christmas to one and all, Sniffer

That is an awesome thing to doo each year!! You have changed so many lives for the better.

Thanks for letting us know. I will add you to the list!

HH!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Re: TNet 2007 Holiday Clad Donations - running total donated - $14,158.30

TeddyB1967 said:
So far, I have put in 15.00 in cash, my husband added another 10.00 to the kettles and I dropped off something like 26 garbage bags full of clothes & coats over the past two months. My 8yr old daughter bought christmas gifts for 3 kids in her class so they could be included in the gift exchange with everyone else. The gifts were 6.00 each.

43.00 total
unknown value on the clothes & coats. Maybe 200.00

243.00 if the clothing donation counts.

Thanks for letting me know. I have added you and your generous gifts to the lists.

Have a perfect holiday!

BDoo :)

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Re: TNet 2007 Holiday Clad Donations - running total donated - $14,401.30

$25.00 clad donated.

Sadly on TV today, they posted surveillance footage of people STEALING donations (clothes, heaters, etc) from the Salvation Army bins. These were not needy, homeless, or destitute people............but people in Hummers with fancy wheel covers, people in Cadillacs, etc. These people DIDN'T need these items, they were stealing them to sell or pawn.

And, here in the Wash DC area, they showed on TV that the Marine Toys for Tots program is in REAL serious trouble..........not enuf toys are being donated! In fact, they actually ran out......and many parents got rather ugly with the Marines. One mother DEMANDED a toy for her child! What has this world come to?

Bdoo, I really commend you and all of the other TNETTERS for what they are doing.
--Mel

borninok

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Re: TNet 2007 Holiday Clad Donations - running total donated - $14,401.30

borninok said:
$25.00 clad donated.

Sadly on TV today, they posted surveillance footage of people STEALING donations (clothes, heaters, etc) from the Salvation Army bins. These were not needy, homeless, or destitute people............but people in Hummers with fancy wheel covers, people in Cadillacs, etc. These people DIDN'T need these items, they were stealing them to sell or pawn.

And, here in the Wash DC area, they showed on TV that the Marine Toys for Tots program is in REAL serious trouble..........not enuf toys are being donated! In fact, they actually ran out......and many parents got rather ugly with the Marines. One mother DEMANDED a toy for her child! What has this world come to?

Bdoo, I really commend you and all of the other TNETTERS for what they are doing.
--Mel

borninok

God bless you and Gayle Mel. Thanks for letting me know.

Have a happy and healthy Christmas!

Peace and love
Bobby

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Re: TNet 2007 Holiday Clad Donations - running total donated - $14,426.30

sparkymaster said:
Hey Boobydoo,

I just wanted to let you know that I went to the bishop in our ward yesterday afternoon. The reason for my visit was to see if there were any families in our ward/neighborhood that could use a little help for the Hollidays.

The bishop said they had four families that they were trying to get help for this year so I donated $100.00 to each of them for a total of $400.00 donated.

This donation wasn't to the salvation army so I'm not sure if it fits in your thread or not. We have dropped money into the little red salvation army buckets at all the stores for the past 3 weeks or so but I couldn't honestly tell you a correct total. If I had to guess maybe somewhere around 50 bucks.

You have a wonderfull Holiday season and I admire what you've done here.

sparkymaster

Hi Sparkymaster!

I will add your awesome gift and name to the rosters!
You have certainly made a real difference for families in need. Thanks!

:) BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Re: TNet 2007 Holiday Clad Donations - running total donated - $14,876.30

I received this PM...

Old Dog said:
Bdoo,

My wife read your thread and not to be left out went through her giant collection of Beanie Babies. She kept some for sentimental reasons but all the rest went into garbage bags and were delivered to the Marine Corps office. I thought that big tough guy was going to bawl out loud. There were almost 400 beanies in mint condition in those bags. I think the average retail on them is 5.95 each.

I have no idea what value they carried but they are safely in the hands of the Toys For Tots.

You are doing a good thing here.

Merry Christmas to you !
Thom
OD

Really great you two. There are 400 kids that will get one of those cute little toys for Christmas, That's a lot of smiles!! Thanks for letting my know.

I think our Salvation Army sells them 2 for $1, so I will use that as a value ($200) for the list but I think to the kids receiving them, they are worth much much more!

Smiles!
BDoo

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Re: TNet 2007 Holiday Clad Donations - running total donated - $15,076.30

I know this sounds a little crazy but the gypsygirls have donated twenty dollars in pennies to their Sabbath School Class that is collecting pennies to buy Chickens for Families in Africa. The chickens provide poor families with a source of income as well as the meat and eggs. The chicks cost a dollar each...twenty chickens.... :) So the tab is now $15,076.30 and twenty chickens :) :-*

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Re: TNet 2007 Holiday Clad Donations - running total donated - $15,096.30

Gypsy Elf said:
I know this sounds a little crazy but the gypsygirls have donated twenty dollars in pennies to their Sabbath School Class that is collecting pennies to buy Chickens for Families in Africa. The chickens provide poor families with a source of income as well as the meat and eggs. The chicks cost a dollar each...twenty chickens.... :) So the tab is now $15,076.30 and twenty chickens :) :-*

Chicks.jpg

I am rounding them all up and getting them on board. :)

Seriously...
Your girls have hearts of gold Christy. They definitely take after their mom.
Thanks for sending this note along and have a wonderful Christmas.
Hugs!
Bobby

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
Re: TNet 2007 Holiday Clad Donations - running total donated - $15,096.30

I live in Charlotte,NC and Hope you can donate to the American Legion that help Veterans.
My American Legion Post # is 353--at 5651 Brookshire ,NC 28216 Phone number is 704-392-5911.

I lucked up and Won the Monthly Drawing and Donated $ 30.00 to our Veterans Fund.

This fund is to help our Veterans at the Salisbury,NC. Veterans Hospital.

About every 3 months we bring in about 30 Veterans that can make the trip and Feed then a Great Meal and play Bingo for prizes. All the Men and Women that makes the trips received a Large Donations from our contributing members. For November they received 4 or 5 Nice items that they can use, examples items that they received Brand , gloves-3 pairs of nice socks, safety razors,small transistor radio's ,wallet's. This was my 1st time volunteering that I am looking forward to the next event which only last about 3 hours to prepare the food and table setups. If you have any extra New items like the above that you would like to donate please send them to the Veterans Fund, or a small donation, This money is only spent on the Veterans and none goes to the Operating Expenses since we volunteer our time. We are also looking for New Members, Our meeting's are held on the 1st Tuesday every month at 7:00 PM and we have a Great Steak Dinner that evening for only $8.00. We also accept a $ 1.00 donation to go to the Chaplain Fund to buy Bibles.

Member: Richard Otterbourg 720 Tilden Road-Charlotte,NC 28214

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
Re: TNet 2007 Holiday Clad Donations - running total donated - $15,126.30

Great idea!!
$5 - salvation Army, $25 - St. Jude Children Hosp, $100 - Crisis Pregnancy org, $100 - Mustard Seed International at www.mustardseed.org (supporting children orphanages and schools in Indonesia. $230 total. 5 hours painting a family's house, 4 hours preparing meals at homeless shelter. We are all truly blessed to live in this great country.

May Each of you be blessed by God's first Christmas gift to the word and all your hunting trips in 2008 be successful.

Ralph

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
Re: TNet 2007 Holiday Clad Donations - running total donated - $15,456.30

Great Idea!!

$5 - Salvation Army, $25 - St. Jude Children Hosp, $100 - Crisis Pregnancy Center, $100 - Mustard Seed International WWW.mustardseed.org (an organization that sponsors orphanages and Christian Schools in Indonesia) $230 total..... A little more than the clad I found this year, but the amount of clad wasn't the main point.

I hope that each of you and your families are blessed by the peace, love, joy and hope for eternal salvation that God gave with the first Christmas gift. Merry Christmas. Ralph

youk

Aug 11, 2007
Upstate, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Sunray Probe
Re: TNet 2007 Holiday Clad Donations - running total donated - $15,488.30

BDoo,
Dropped in 37.20 in the bucket today.
I am also an on call volunteer with meals-on-wheels. Delivered 3 times this week to elderly
shut ins. People get so lonely this time of year. Wish i had more time to spend with all of them.

sgyouk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread