old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't heard any definites, but Steve may hopefully be allowed to go home. But he will have to go in for dialysis every other day. He is still weak and has much difficulty in standing up and walking. You hang in there Steve! :thumbsup: God Bless!

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't know that yesterday was Steve's B-day.....hope it was as good as can be Steve & still praying for you & family. God bless you all.:)

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Birthday Steve! May your every wish- maybe your one and only wish- come true. Prayers up.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The person that lets me hunt his properties has a kidney disorder. He needs 1 but has to do dialysis every other day also. It takes a lot out of him every time its done. He has just recently had a implant done so that he can do it himself at home. Might be a option Steve can look at till a transplant comes through for him. Its very time consuming having to go to the hospital every other day.

OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, Steve went home yesterday and after settling in he is glad to be back home. He will still have to make the trips to the hospital to take dialysis. This is somewhat taxing for Caroline, so keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Hang in there you all, and God Bless! :thumbsup:

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Old Digger, you have done great at keeping us informed. We owe you a big THANK YOU! Steve is lucky to have you. To Steve, hang in there buddy! I saw you on TV! You have autographs to sign when you get back on your feet!

OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You! Just doing the best that I can. Thank you all for sharing your support for Steve and his family, it has made a lot of difference. Of all the kindness Steve has shared, it's the least I can do.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you old digger for being the "go between" on Steve's condition. We all hope for the best and are keeping them all in our prayers still. It's not been easy for you in dealing with this either....so you're in the prayers as well.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve's wife Caroline gave me permission and said that I may share this with all his friends here.I know some of you already know. Hospice has already been called in. Steve is in much pain and they have him pretty well sedated and sleeping as much as possible .

Caroline asked that" we all pray that Steve prepares for his next journey". He of course wants to get better she said but the pain is great.

She spoke of how honored he was to be a part of this forum and how he enjoyed all the friends he has made here. With his big heart he loved sharing with everyone here and in his life.
She said she will let us know if things change but that is where they are right now.

You may still send cards to Steve. I suggest we fill his room full.

Last edited:
OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NOTICE!!!! Steve is not in the same hospital. So, I don't think it would be wise to use the address at the start of this post. I will try and get an address.

OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An address for Steve.

Sanford Hospital
Attn: Steve Bauman
Rm. 460
300 North 7th Street
Bismarck N.D. 58501

Steve is not doing as well as hoped. Caroline took him to the hospital, but a different one. I suspect that Caroline is under a lot of stress so please keep her in your thoughts and prayers also. Steve and family, please note that you all are in my prayers. So get well soon!

Last edited:
OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tnmountains and flintdigger, you are welcome to add any new updates here if you wish. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread