TO ALL THE PROFESSIONAL HERES ONE FOR YOU!

r4real

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TO ALL THE PROFESSIONAL HERE'S ONE FOR YOU!

This one is a hard one for all the true PROFESSIONAL is this specimen,

A: Chalcopyrite ??
B: Iron pyrite ??
C: Gold ??
D: Mica ??
E: Hematite ??
Or
F: All of the above ??

And why did you come to this conclusion?

Answer:

Hint: Weight of specimen = 84.25 grams and it has the measurements of 2" 3/4 L - 2" 1/4 W

Good Luck!
Thanks!

IMG_20130208_162320.jpg

Upvote 1
OP
OP
R

r4real

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• IMG_20130216_042311.jpg
    IMG_20130216_042311.jpg
    398.5 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_20130216_045941.jpg
    IMG_20130216_045941.jpg
    377.9 KB · Views: 263
OP
OP
R

r4real

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NATION SHOCKER

WOW WHAT DO YOU THINK OF MY PLATINUM, PALLADIUM GOLD NUGGET IT'S WEIGHT IS 78.88GS LOL RARE AS HELL WOW sO DO YOU THINK IT WAS A GOOD BIRTHDAY PRESENT FOR MYSELF?? LOL IS IT SAFE TO SAY i CAN QUIT MY JOB LIKE? WOWOWOOWOWWOWOWQOWOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW CAUSE I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO QUIT MY JOB ON MY BIRTH DAY!!! LOL?? THESE ARE NEVER BEEN SEEN PICTURES i AM UP LOADING SO ENJOY r we rich pt 026.jpg r we rich pt 046.jpg r we rich pt 040.jpg r we rich pt 003.jpg r we rich pt 006.jpg r we rich pt 055.jpg

OP
OP
R

r4real

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no i never got a percentage quote but i am thinking its about time to find out...ok so gimmie some sort of idea plz any one knows and has dealt with platinum, palladium, gold nuggets in the past. all i know is there seems to be a little more platinum than palladium or gold......can some1 plz give me an idea of the absolute lowest value i could get for this piece, and the highest possible price i could get for it....considering the weight is just under 75gs/////pleaze and thank you all on this 1

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmmm. The pic posts sound like a BUILDUP to a sales pitch. I can already see it coming, "For just the lowest price of.....". TTC

LP13

Dec 31, 2012
Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have no idea how to value a piece like that without some sort of quantitative assay. Value differnces between palladium, platinum and gold are wide and so would be the worth. That's for it's raw metal value. With a quantitative assay that is reputable attached to it, it's value can be established a bit easier. But the value of the metals themself in this sample is probably lower than it's value as a mineral specimen. Also, jewelers will often pay higher than gold value for nice gold nuggets to incorporate into jewelry. A friend of mine commonly gets 1.5 to 2 times the gold value for his nuggets from a local jeweler.

Today's spot price for palladium is $738, for platinum is $1605 and gold is at $1580. Since you have no idea what % of what is in it (and without a qualitative assay of what the metals in your rock is how anyone determined what those metals were. Taste test? After all, other than copper and gold, all other metals are heavy silver/white with the exception of a few like aluminum and titanium.) Well assuming anyhow that you are psychic at the very least and those metals are what you say they are, then the minimum value for it would be it's weight in palladium. And would go up from that. Assuming of course PURE palladium. That's $1785 for 75 grams. Of course gold and platinum in it would force it higher. Not certain where you live or who you know but most precious metals buyers will not pay spot price, normally, 5-20% lower than spot. So around $1425 would be it's lowest possible reasonable value about. Ok well there's my contribution to your question. Personally I tend to the bs valuation on this all.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
I ain't no professional but that looks a lot like peacock pyrite at least from the picture. JMHO

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

r4real

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ya just for a low low price of $80,000.00 cash......if you concider that a low price!!!!!!!!! i think 80,000.00 might alittle low actually ....... but thanks

OP
OP
R

r4real

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks can be decieving my freind hahaaaa

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so where did you find it and considering how rough it looks why don't you have more....Its hard to believe when you Know so much about it then again ask so many questions....it doesn't even look like any of the above mentioned precious metals at all.I am not saying it isnt just that it doesn't look like it. Keep in mind myself and others here do know more than just a little bit about gold nuggets and ore samples.I would love to be wrong and wish that was worth 80k and hope you can quit your job.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so i reread and you didn't find them they where inhereted. So you were told what they were.I think you have to get an assay,as you don't have enough factual info on the specimins. I just sold 3.2 grams to a buddy so he can make a ring. 20+ mesh got right around spot 3.2 gram 150.00 even good handshake deal between friends its about as good a price i can sell my gold for. Jewler gives me 88% I don't normally sell my bigger stuff but this gold isn't getting melted he is having the pieces mounted to show character. I said a piece of Platinum Neotokyo had wasn't...and I was wrong and like a good smart DAD he sold it.I would be surprized if the rocks that you have will net you more than 1000k (based on appearance) or any where near the 10k mark if they are as rich as you've been told. I don't know you and this is not an attack so don't take any of it the wrong way as you asked for our input. I/WE would truely love to see your pieces turn out to be valuable..and see the receipt:icon_thumleft:

BigBob

Tenderfoot
Feb 15, 2013
Tucson, Az.
Detector(s) used
BH Lonestar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a. A: Chalcopyrite -it doesn't have the soft edges like gold.

Do we get an answer to see who's right.

BigBob

Tenderfoot
Feb 15, 2013
Tucson, Az.
Detector(s) used
BH Lonestar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a. A: Chalcopyrite -it doesn't have the soft edges like gold.

Do we get an answer to see who's right.

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how much is this going for if it cost more then my truck ill have to think about it

OP
OP
R

r4real

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok so what do u think this piece could bring at action

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We'll talk cash when you talk sense! TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions