Todays finds 7-21-09

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Today's finds 7-21-09

Picked up two more boxes today, and found 15- 40%ers and 3- 64 Kennedys. I guess I am officially off the wagon for now. I also found a cool foreign coin that I cannot identify.

I can't put a picture up, but it has Arabic numbers 1351 as the date, and has a guy's profile on the obverse and a lion holding a sword with a crown? above it, and a wreath below it on the reverse. Anyone see one of these? It sounds like silver per the ring test, but who knows?

Jim

Upvote 0

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Today's finds 7-21-09

Hey Mr. Silver,

You did better than me today for totals, although I gotta say you can't beat my percentages. Please post a pic of your foreign coin. Some of us may be able to help ID it.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008

Kantuckkeean said:
Hey Mr. Silver,

You did better than me today for totals, although I gotta say you can't beat my percentages. Please post a pic of your foreign coin. Some of us may be able to help ID it.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

I don't have a digital camera. I did some checking and it is some sort of Persian coin (date unknown, I don't know how to convert their calendar to gregorian). Many of their coins are 80% silver. I will take it to the coin store next time I go in to find out for sure.

Jim

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WTG Jim.....glad to see you fall off the wagon and back in the hobby.....pulling some silver!! Those boxes seem to be productive so let's hope this trend continues huh.

Congrats Jim.......good luck on the next one and keep em coming champ!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread