IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a spectacular day metal detecting! Found two seated dimes 1886 &1887s in one hole, then i was starting to have an allergy attack, so on my way back to the truck i found a nice barber dime. I didnt want to quit treasure hunting, but the grass was pollenating and killing me! So i went to this old dump site and decided to do some sifting....and hit coins, tokens, a sterling fork, a kewl silver badge and more silver coins, my eyes wanted to swell shut, but i was too hot to quit!!! LOL! The suffering was worth it haha!!! Oh yeah.....i almost forgot, i tried to do some research on the silver badge, couldnt find much except the company that made it (on the back) used to make high quality swords for the civil war, then went on afterwards to make cerimonial swords for groups like the freemasons and such, never could find anything else on it, im gonna post it in the whatsit? section to see if anyone else knows much about it. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 100_1854.JPG
    100_1854.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 1,706
  • 100_1844.JPG
    100_1844.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 1,695
  • 100_1849.JPG
    100_1849.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,691
  • 100_1850.JPG
    100_1850.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 1,693
  • 100_1853.JPG
    100_1853.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 1,695
Upvote 0

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
IAMZIM said:
I had a spectacular day metal detecting! Found two seated dimes 1886 &1887s in one hole, then i was starting to have an allergy attack, so on my way back to the truck i found a nice barber dime. I didnt want to quit treasure hunting, but the grass was pollenating and killing me! So i went to this old dump site and decided to do some sifting....and hit coins, tokens, a sterling fork, a kewl silver badge and more silver coins, my eyes wanted to swell shut, but i was too hot to quit!!! LOL! The suffering was worth it haha!!!
I recon you got so twitapaded you forgot the GOLD!

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah you hit a nice site for sure, good job! :icon_thumleft: :wink:

OP
OP
IAMZIM

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
worldtalker said:
IAMZIM said:
I had a spectacular day metal detecting! Found two seated dimes 1886 &1887s in one hole, then i was starting to have an allergy attack, so on my way back to the truck i found a nice barber dime. I didnt want to quit treasure hunting, but the grass was pollenating and killing me! So i went to this old dump site and decided to do some sifting....and hit coins, tokens, a sterling fork, a kewl silver badge and more silver coins, my eyes wanted to swell shut, but i was too hot to quit!!! LOL! The suffering was worth it haha!!!
I recon you got so twitapaded you forgot the GOLD!
I got excited when i saw the cufflink too!! ......................but its plated....=O lol!

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a day !!!!!! Love all the tokens :headbang: and the Denver badge :icon_thumright:

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, great finds. Go back for more, just be careful in the heat....

jeepcj5

Jan 12, 2011
Nampa Idaho
Detector(s) used
Etrac, xterra 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow that one day is better than my entire metal detecting career!!!! a HUGE congratz buddy!!!!

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of nice silver there but how did the V-nickles and Buff-nickles come out of the ground in such good shape? Most of my nickles are all reddish-brown coming out of the dirt.

Nate in Ga

Apr 2, 2009
usa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wallhangers said:
Lots of nice silver there but how did the V-nickles and Buff-nickles come out of the ground in such good shape? Most of my nickles are all reddish-brown coming out of the dirt.

I have absolutely never seen a nickle of any kind ever come out of any ground like that. Nice COLLECTION though, congrats. hh

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
holy smokes what an awesome group of finds!! love those tokens, especially the oval ones :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

OP
OP
IAMZIM

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The nickles i found are cleaned, when i found them i had no clue what they were as they had a green and black coating on them. I used clr and electrolosis on them, yeah, yeah, i know lots of u dont like it when u clean coins, but i keep them for myself and they really arent worth anything but sentamental value to me anyway! :P The dump i was sifting has lots of fire damaged stuff, as u can see there are two silver coins "melted" and "bubbled" beyond recognition! So anyway, thats why they look "too nice to come out of the ground", ima coin cleaning sinner!!! Ill probably "pay" for it by finding a valuable one and ruining it, but, i wouldnt know till after the deed because of the coating they have on them! =(

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome bunch of loot!

randyalbin

Sep 24, 2007
Flat Rock, Kansas
Detector(s) used
White's 5900 CB,XL Pro,IDX Pro,MX5,Tesoro's Bandido,INCA,OutLaw,Tiger Shark,Toltec ll,Toltec 100,Troy Shadow X2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Tokens Dude :icon_thumright:

Some research on the tokens is sure to turn a goodie or two: I really like the token "The Pacific" Butte Montana, those non-maverick tokens can be worth a lot to state specific collectors

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
Wow so let me get this straight, you found the two seated coins detecting and all the others sifting? Damn I'm going to have to get back to one of my junked up sites with a sifter. Great finds

And I feel your pain with the allergies. This past fall I was out when the tree pollen was in full force and the nose was like an open faucet. Didn't stop though :tongue3:

:icon_thumleft:

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, you did a heck of a job cleaning them nickles. I have seen some good results cleaning them but those look stunning. How long did you cook them and what was the follow-up. If I could get some of my shield nickles that clean I would do it. Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread