TRADE TOKEN 5 CENTER, needs some help

Indyfan73

Nov 5, 2008
INDIANAPOLIS
Detector(s) used
white's to many to list
TRADE TOKEN 5 CENTER, needs some help

I have been watching this construction sight for about a week. Yes you can say i have been stalking the sight. It is in a revitalization area of town that is over 150 years old with tons of old homes and a lot of construction. this was a water park type area. i only got to be out there for 3 hours or so but what a day. I will be posting more from Saturdays hunt tonight.

I found a 5 cant trade tokes that is over 100 years old. made of aluminum and silver but starting to show some pitting. it rang up as a silver dime and took a little bit to locate it. she was just bouncing all over Finlay pined it down and she was at 1 inch in the trace from construction machinery and big doser trace so she was in hard-ed dirt. I didn't even relies what it was for a few minutes and some water from my pack.

This is from a local bar that close closed its doors back in 1898. and was located in the area about a block from a little school that is long gone.

but i need some help she is starting to pit and i don't know how to clean her without destroying her, she only shows good markings when wet and one corner is gone before i retrieved her. any help would be great.

Attachments

• S5030088.JPG
    S5030088.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 355
  • S5030089.JPG
    S5030089.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 345
Upvote 0

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: TRADE TOKEN 5 CENTER, needs some help

Hi,

Your token is most likely all aluminum, which was a "new" metal in the 1890's, and became very popular for use in tokens. The problem with aluminum is that it readily decays.

Finding tokens is always a treat! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions