Trail Marker Tree?

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandcreek:
I'm thinking that the rock-on-top-of-the-metal-strap thing was done on purpose to show that neither stone nor strap was there accidentally.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shortstack said:
Sandcreek:
I'm thinking that the rock-on-top-of-the-metal-strap thing was done on purpose to show that neither stone nor strap was there accidentally.
Yep, Bill, me too......I second guess myself on this stuff all the time, and wonder can this be real?! Did someone actually hide this stuff on purpose? But we've found so many clues and oddball things.....Someone was doing something in this area, I'm just not sure what yet---we're having lots of fun looking for the next 'sign'....I've been in the woods and along the creeks more in the last 2 years than I've ever been in my whole life.

poorfarm

Feb 13, 2011
sandcreek4 said:
poorfarm said:
i guess you'll be looking at a triangle
As in a big triangle or little one? Cause, guess what I found?! Took a direction off one of the arms on the trail tree and walked in a straight line, crossed the creek. One the other side was this huge oak tree(probably at least 150+ years old!)....metal detected around the tree and got a big signal. I dug down about two inches and hit something. Carefully removed the dirt and there was this triangle rock buried, and underneath it was a long piece of iron strap, kinda like a leaf spring from a wagon or something. Both pieces pointed me back towards the north and my "J" rock.

Here's some pics:
look at your triangle a little closer s.c.
remove all dirt may have to use water and a soft brush
take close pics while wet and dry. make a map putting the things u found
do they make a triangle

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sandcreek,

Since signs are meant to be found by following other signs....and the bark on the tree (where you have the weapons of the hobby)has a different color on the lower area... I wonder if you were meant to see that as an eye catcher to lead you to the rock you dug up.

Maybe this is not the only three with such an eye catcher.

Attachments

• IMG_1602_(650x488)[1].jpg
    IMG_1602_(650x488)[1].jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 625
OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pala Y Pico said:
sandcreek,

Since signs are meant to be found by following other signs....and the bark on the tree (where you have the weapons of the hobby)has a different color on the lower area... I wonder if you were meant to see that as an eye catcher to lead you to the rock you dug up.

Maybe this is not the only three with such an eye catcher.
Here's a better view of the oak tree where we found the pie/triangle shaped rock and iron strap. We measured this tree around and estimate it to be over 200 yrs old. We also cleaned off the pie shaped rock(Special thanks to poorfarm for suggesting we do that!). Here's some pics.
Thanks Pala Y Pico!

Attachments

• IMG_7140 (488x650).jpg
    IMG_7140 (488x650).jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 558
  • IMG_1624 (650x488).jpg
    IMG_1624 (650x488).jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 655
  • IMG_1622 (650x488).jpg
    IMG_1622 (650x488).jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 580

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandcreek4:
Your cleaning the stone reveals a "Y" shape on the right section. The 2 heart shapes on the left half were change some, but I've read that as long as the lobe area of a heart is seen, it is to be taken as a whole heart.

IMG_1624 (650x488)-sandcreek4.jpg

IMG_1622 (650x488)-sandcreek4.jpg

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shortstack said:
Sandcreek4:
Your cleaning the stone reveals a "Y" shape on the right section. The 2 heart shapes on the left half were change some, but I've read that as long as the lobe area of a heart is seen, it is to be taken as a whole heart.
Okay, SS--you have just confirmed what we have found without me saying anything!
The heart shaped lobes you see in the upper left hand corner of the pie shaped rock makes three stones so far with this symbol on it. So, three stones with heart lobes means what?
Here's another one of the "heart lobes" rocks--my sister found this (and I wasn't sure if it was anything, so I guess she'll get to tell me "I told you so!") :D .

Attachments

• IMG_7147 (650x488).jpg
    IMG_7147 (650x488).jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 783

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sandcreek,

If we keep it simple, let`s go where the rock (looks like an arrow head)Points , the same as the metal under it.
Buena suerte. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pala Y Pico said:
sandcreek,

If we keep it simple, let`s go where the rock (looks like an arrow head)Points , the same as the metal under it.
Buena suerte. :thumbsup:
Okey dokey! Just more confirmation for us....Thanks!

poorfarm

Feb 13, 2011
sandceek the second rock use a little stiffer brush
you will see the marks a lot better

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poorfarm said:
sandcreek if you use the heart theory
does the heart point to j rock
looks like numbers here
I'm gonna "plead the 5th" on this question, poorfarm. :icon_silent: ::) :tongue3: (I've had a curious cat(local yokel) sending me PM's and it might be wise to not say anymore until we find something significant---I'm not paranoid, just being cautious).

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charmin said:
poorfarm said:
looks like numbers here
I'm gonna "plead the 5th" on this question, poorfarm. :icon_silent: ::) :tongue3: (I've had a curious cat(local yokel) sending me PM's and it might be wise to not say anymore until we find something significant---I'm not paranoid, just being cautious).

Nothing "paranoid" about it, Charmin (Charmin??). There are slugs sneaking around trying to pick off information because they are too stu-pid (or lAzy) to go out and find their own stuff. Another thing is the possibility that a sentinel is trying to figure out where you are in relation to an area he's responsible for. :dontknow:

There's nothing paranoid about establishing your own security for a project.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shortstack said:
Charmin said:
poorfarm said:
looks like numbers here

Nothing "paranoid" about it, Charmin (Charmin??). There are slugs sneaking around trying to pick off information because they are too stu-pid (or lAzy) to go out and find their own stuff. Another thing is the possibility that a sentinel is trying to figure out where you are in relation to an area he's responsible for. :dontknow:

:laughing7: "Charmin" is the nickname my brother gave me.
Thanks Bill :hello:

Carmon~

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Hi Carmon,
Bill is right though, and you aren't being to paranoid.
keep your info to yourself and those you trust.
and follow your trail when you are alone.

poorfarm

Feb 13, 2011
i always watch when i leave the house to see if anyone
is following me to site have had guys ride up on
horses once while i was there

poorfarm

Feb 13, 2011
Shortstack said:
Charmin said:
poorfarm said:
looks like numbers here

bill why do u think these sites were started maybe
we are saving them a lot of leg work and solving the clues for them
be carefull carmon

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Dog said:
Hi Carmon,
Bill is right though, and you aren't being to paranoid.
keep your info to yourself and those you trust.
and follow your trail when you are alone.
Thanks Old Dog :hello: .
poorfarm said:
no problem i deleted it
sent u a pm
Thanks Poorfarm--you've helped us so much.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poorfarm said:
Shortstack said:
Charmin said:
poorfarm said:
looks like numbers here

bill why do u think these sites were started maybe
we are saving them a lot of leg work and solving the clues for them
be carefull carmon

Poorfarm:
I'm just pointing out that there is more than one reason for folks to follow others around on a trail. Good and bad. A couple of years ago, I was told about one member of this forum who was known to "claim jump" other people's project sites.
And the world goes around and around and around.......................................... :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions