Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poorfarm said:
i guess you have to be a charter member to hijack
threads and harass people and get away with it
this site needs a remove from post button to go
with the ignore

The "remove from post button" could have a counter on it, so the offender could commit self removal or self control control.

These type of behavior comes in different flavors.

I always had to watch my kids behavior, as they would adjust their behavior to protect themselves from my supervision.

Even within the rules, they tried to get their way by their persieved cunning, or stupidity. They still needed to be held accountable.

To harras, annoy, bother and create a negative enviroment in a thread, should not be an acceptable flavor.

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
sandcreek4 said:
Tree with "blaze" mark:

I have come into contact with several of these trees near several different mines. If this one tree in particular is as such, it will refer to range as in that of a slingshot or catapult. The carved outline would most likely refer to the shape of a meadow in the distance, a pond, the outline of a mountain base as viewed from the sky or from neighboring high ground, a rocky section nearby and so on. The tree could be quite old from the looks of it and this so called miner's code was handed down up until around World War II wherein it then became lost due to the deaths of so many old timers from so many odd places forgotten but not so lost after all. Seek out the colors and cave like forms; look for small trail stones along the way...ones that make you wonder some as to how they got there when they shouldn't be. Look at the base of them for a somewhat newer man made mark just like the tree. Begin with the main animal trails.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pala Y Pico said:
poorfarm said:
i guess you have to be a charter member to hijack
threads and harass people and get away with it
this site needs a remove from post button to go
with the ignore

The "remove from post button" could have a counter on it, so the offender could commit self removal or self control control.

These type of behavior comes in different flavors.

I always had to watch my kids behavior, as they would adjust their behavior to protect themselves from my supervision.

Even within the rules, they tried to get their way by their persieved cunning, or stupidity. They still needed to be held accountable.

To harras, annoy, bother and create a negative enviroment in a thread, should not be an acceptable flavor.
I agree with this statement, Pala Y Pico.
Anyone who reads/comments on the topics I start, please for my sake, don't even acknowledge the naysayers---this only adds fuel to their fires. Its better just to ignore them, than trying to get into a spitting match with them(and I know that is really hard to do sometimes ::) :tongue3: ).
And thanks to everyone who has commented and helped me, this is such an enjoyable hobby and I love learning from you guys!

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Twisted Fork said:
sandcreek4 said:
Tree with "blaze" mark:

I have come into contact with several of these trees near several different mines. If this one tree in particular is as such, it will refer to range as in that of a slingshot or catapult. The carved outline would most likely refer to the shape of a meadow in the distance, a pond, the outline of a mountain base as viewed from the sky or from neighboring high ground, a rocky section nearby and so on. The tree could be quite old from the looks of it and this so called miner's code was handed down up until around World War II wherein it then became lost due to the deaths of so many old timers from so many odd places forgotten but not so lost after all. Seek out the colors and cave like forms; look for small trail stones along the way...ones that make you wonder some as to how they got there when they shouldn't be. Look at the base of them for a somewhat newer man made mark just like the tree. Begin with the main animal trails.
Wow....thanks Twisted Fork. Its really hard to see the ground in the area of the trail tree---the weeds are huge. But hopefully after we get a good frost, they'll lay down and we'll be able to see more.
We found something kinda weird the other day.......Near this trail tree, {we were following direction of the knot on the tree}, I got a big signal with my metal detector. We dug down and found an iron/tin lid (or bottom of a bucket or something :icon_scratch: ). The lid was approx. 12" across, and underneath the lid was a whole bunch of glass(old glass, like pop bottles or canning jar glass). And before anyone asks, this wasn't a trash dump site or someone cooking dope out in the woods----The glass and iron stuff was really old. We dug down as far as we could and kept finding more glass but nothing else---Let me tell ya, we got pretty excited when we started diggin that glass up :D . But there was nothing else in that hole. I have to wonder why that stuff was there though :dontknow. .......it just seemed odd.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandcreek:
While reading your post above, about the lid and broken glass; the FIRST thing that popped to my mind was something KvM told us in his books. He said that the pro THers would leave something in a cache location / hole to let the folks who followed know that the goodies were recovered and they could go on to something else. It, too, would tell them that their research was correct, but someone else was there sooner. Not saying this is the case here, but it is something to consider.
Now. the next question is, "was this a satellite cache or a single rancher's cache. Considering all of the signs you've been finding, my vote would be for the satellite cache / "payday" cache idea".

KEEP ON TRUCKIN' :coffee2:

poorfarm

Feb 13, 2011
ss if a previous hunter was there would they have left the glass i wouldnt want to stick my hands in there
to sift through dirt a payday they would have took the jar back then a jar was very useful

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some very good points, poorfarm. But, if they were to accdentally bust up the glass containers, wouldn't burying the broken pieces protect the hoofs of any wondering cattle or horses? Just a thought.

Too, perhaps the broken glass is from empty "spirits" bottles or horse liniment that were broken in celebration of their find. Those old dudes could do some mysterious stuff sometimes. LOL

poorfarm

Feb 13, 2011
several possabilitys
i think s.c. found the spot first and back tracked back
to the beginning old wells were a drop spot in a hurry
but the odd shaped j is the clue werent the watchers usually someone that lived close
that they paid

poorfarm

Feb 13, 2011
the thing to remember is from the old home they could see the site
to watch it its going to be within eyesight from there i think

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being, that this is about trees. And all I had was my phone.

I have driven by these trees for a long time, and finally decided to stop, and say Hi, to the sign maker.

I took these pictures between 11:00 and 1:00, with the first with my back to the sun. :laughing7:

His name is Eddie. He comes and does this when he has time or when he feels like it.

This is Niwot Colorado. This are my favorite cotton wood trees.

Paz amigas Y amigos.

Attachments

• Niwot pictures 003.jpg
    Niwot pictures 003.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 1,012
  • Niwot pictures 007.jpg
    Niwot pictures 007.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 940
  • Niwot pictures 005.jpg
    Niwot pictures 005.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 940
  • Niwot pictures 001.jpg
    Niwot pictures 001.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 944
  • Niwot pictures 002.jpg
    Niwot pictures 002.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 917
  • Niwot pictures 004.jpg
    Niwot pictures 004.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 1,029
  • Niwot pictures 006.jpg
    Niwot pictures 006.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 1,048
OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poorfarm said:
several possabilitys
i think s.c. found the spot first and back tracked back
to the beginning old wells were a drop spot in a hurry
but the odd shaped j is the clue werent the watchers usually someone that lived close
that they paid
I wish I could explain all this stuff better and tell you guys how neat this layout is. Everything is so ideally situated. That "J" rock and "F-R" rock are within shouting distance of each other. The guy who watched this place had a perfect location. I wonder if he didn't hide stuff in that rock monument we found, kinda a quicky hidey hole.....It is so hidden that unless you know its there or are right in front of it, you can't see it at all.
poorfarm said:
the thing to remember is from the old home they could see the site
to watch it its going to be within eyesight from there i think
I think so too, poorfarm. :thumbsup: We keep coming back to that "J" rock and rock monument. Even one of the arms on that trail tree points us back in the direction of the "F-R" rock. I just wasn't really sure at first if the trail tree was an Indian sign or part of this setup. Now I think it all ties in together.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pala Y Pico said:
CanadianTrout said:
WOw. Outstanding pics Pala Y Pico! thanks ;D

Thank you Canadian Trout.

I am thinking of removing the pic`s, so that I don`t distract from Sandcreeks topic.
I ejoyed the pics, too, Pala Y Pico---wouldn't it be wonderful to be that talented? Leave them (if you want to).
:hello:

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
sandcreek4 said:
poorfarm said:
hoss , oddrock this is why i deleted my thread
and they can be found close to cemetarys
because a cemetary doesnt move i also have trees
that have been remarked to newer ones
oddrock said:
Poorfarm

You are dead-on about cemeteries. Some trails begin or end with them. Railroad surveys also seem to be favored. Happy hunting.

SandCreek4

been on an extended field trip...so the belated follow up. Pertaining to RR surveys, search the court house or the abstract office....the RR was given a lot of land for building the railroad....some of it many miles from the actual RR, if ever built. (pay attention to section 33 .... maybe where sec. 32 and 33 come together.) Very often several different RR companies in the same county...doubt if you can find any surveyors w/o masonic ties....interesting?

Oddrock
Well, we haven't come across any cemetaries(yet) and the nearest railroad/tracks was probably 20 miles from this spot. We've got a lot more ground to cover though.
Another site we're going to be working on this winter does have a cemetary near it. And a big creek ford where we think the stagecoaches crossed. Supposed to be some other good outlaw marks on this site, too.
Good information, guys :thumbsup: Thanks for all the help!!

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oddrock said:
sandcreek4 said:
poorfarm said:
hoss , oddrock this is why i deleted my thread
and they can be found close to cemetarys
because a cemetary doesnt move i also have trees
that have been remarked to newer ones
oddrock said:
Poorfarm

You are dead-on about cemeteries. Some trails begin or end with them. Railroad surveys also seem to be favored. Happy hunting.

SandCreek4

been on an extended field trip...so the belated follow up. Pertaining to RR surveys, search the court house or the abstract office....the RR was given a lot of land for building the railroad....some of it many miles from the actual RR, if ever built. (pay attention to section 33 .... maybe where sec. 32 and 33 come together.) Very often several different RR companies in the same county...doubt if you can find any surveyors w/o masonic ties....interesting?

Oddrock
Well, we haven't come across any cemetaries(yet) and the nearest railroad/tracks was probably 20 miles from this spot. We've got a lot more ground to cover though.
Another site we're going to be working on this winter does have a cemetary near it. And a big creek ford where we think the stagecoaches crossed. Supposed to be some other good outlaw marks on this site, too.
Good information, guys :thumbsup: Thanks for all the help!!
Hi Oddrock---we actually found out something pretty interesting about the guy who used to own the land where we've found all this stuff---Guess what? He WAS a Mason! :o

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poorfarm said:
i guess you'll be looking at a triangle
As in a big triangle or little one? Cause, guess what I found?! Took a direction off one of the arms on the trail tree and walked in a straight line, crossed the creek. One the other side was this huge oak tree(probably at least 150+ years old!)....metal detected around the tree and got a big signal. I dug down about two inches and hit something. Carefully removed the dirt and there was this triangle rock buried, and underneath it was a long piece of iron strap, kinda like a leaf spring from a wagon or something. Both pieces pointed me back towards the north and my "J" rock.

Here's some pics:

Attachments

• IMG_1607 (650x488).jpg
    IMG_1607 (650x488).jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 869
  • IMG_1602 (650x488).jpg
    IMG_1602 (650x488).jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 958

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread