Transportation!

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey All, Wicka here :hello2:
Haven't made a new thread lately, but have been thinking about this one for a while.
I'm going to be getting my Driver's permit and soon after license. I don't want to pay for registration/gas/insurance/ect!
What do you think about this?
3bike.jpg
Thing in the bag for boxes =)
Since I feel like
box23.jpg
Carrying boxes across town. My boss picks me up (just to mow his lawn weekly, and work on a project occasionly) and I use the bus to get to school, don't see a reason to pay the school to bring your own car when they provide a free one...
Any ideas? Comments? Opinions? I could ride it to 2 different banks in town! (expanding hunting grounds by 1 bank)
Whatcha think?
Wicka:icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh for the love of....if you do get that trike don't wear anything frilly....bike's not a bad idea though.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey I like the idea of trics, they are a whole lot more stable than a bicycle and you can also make your own cart to attach to the back of the bike. think of it. In one part you can carry all the empty pop bottles for scrap or refund and in the basket you can 'hide' your boxes under what looks like garbage. Or bring tools to do yardwork for more money.

Hugs and smiles,
Garoulady

OP
OP
Wickaboag

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey FFD, don't gotta hate, it's just an economical idea! Also environmental!
Plus ergonomically satisfying..
Saves me money, my back, and doesn't use gas!
Wickaboag

Dihren

Jun 13, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What?? Why aren't there streamers on its handles!! Hahaha just kidding. A trike would actually be really handy! I don't do as much volume as a lot of people here, but I ride my back with my backpack full of coins from bank to home and its a pain! A cart would be nice!

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you don't have any hills between your house and the bank! You'll be pedaling some serious weight.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey FFD, don't gotta hate, it's just an economical idea! Also environmental!
Plus ergonomically satisfying..
Saves me money, my back, and doesn't use gas!
Wickaboag
Sorry, not 'hatin my friend, just makin fun - keep on truckin

OP
OP
Wickaboag

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry, not 'hatin my friend, just makin fun - keep on truckin

Hey Mind me asking what part of Mich. You're from and how you do in half dollar averages? I got a friend in Michigan who CRH's on the forum, wanna see if they're culling yet or not, :)
Wickaboag

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Look into the different models. They are very big down here on A1A - living the beach life. They are very compact as the front wheel folds back towards the back. They have different models based on weight limit/use. Some are quite heavy duty. They aren't cheap, but worth every penny.

Side note - I've thought of retrofitting a large custom made coil on the front of one of these so I can cruise the lane on the hard-pack.

OP
OP
Wickaboag

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Look into the different models. They are very big down here on A1A - living the beach life. They are very compact as the front wheel folds back towards the back. They have different models based on weight limit/use. Some are quite heavy duty. They aren't cheap, but worth every penny.

Side note - I've thought of retrofitting a large custom made coil on the front of one of these so I can cruise the lane on the hard-pack.

Sorry Diver, you used terms I am not familiar with, "Hard-pack" "A1A" :\ I was just looking through bikes on walmart.com :P I live up north, all hills and woods around here not much pretty beach life. I'm sure I could get one from an old retiree or something :) I think my grandfather has one... but it's only two wheels, and a small basket.
I just need something to throw probably 3 boxes into. nothing to fancy. I'd take an old mountain bike and throw a little pull behind cart on it. >.< Anything to make it easier/faster. I waste 30 minutes walking (round trip) walking to bank...
Wickaboag:D

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love you bro, but think about the chicks on this decision, not the silver.

OP
OP
Wickaboag

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Love you bro, but think about the chicks on this decision, not the silver.

=\ but I hate the back pain that comes with back-packing them. and the arm pain that comes from carrying a dime box/nickel box for a mile... Get's a little tiresome!
Maybe just a bike huh..
Wickaboag

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I collected pop cans and stuff in high school, so it's not like I don't understand where you're coming from.

I'm also a high school teacher.

I am very happy that you're happy and have found a productive and valuable hobby and are gaining skills and knowledge many high schoolers don't have.

Just be prepared for this: You're going to be known as "that kid that rides a trike around and is always playing with coins". If you are fine with that, by all means go for it. I've never given a s*** what others have thought. Just make sure you have the requisite thick skin.

Last edited:

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like Diver, I live in an old coast town and these are quite popular. There are 2 guys that have been riding them since they were kids. I think it is a great idea, especially if you don't have to go more than 10 miles each way. One thing though, if you do get one and are going to be riding on the road, you need to get one of those hazard triangle reflectors to put on the back of it. Here in NC they are required, but it is also a good safety item to make it easier for cars to see you.

OP
OP
Wickaboag

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
I collected pop cans and stuff in high school, so it's not like I don't understand where you're coming from.

I'm also a high school teacher.

I am very happy that you're happy and have found a productive and valuable hobby and are gaining skills and knowledge many high schoolers done.

Just be prepared for this: You're going to be known as "that kid that rides a trike around and is always playing with coins". If you are fine with that, by all means go for it. I've never given a s*** what others have thought. Just make sure you have the requisite thick skin.

Thought about collecting cans Accord... Only cans around my parents houses are beer cans, no kid can return those! LOL!
I want to be able to do atleast 1 REALLY good thing with my finds, whether it's pay off a debt. Downpayment. Car?
I got many years to hunt, and a lot of dumb people keep throwing silver around. I guess I'll take it if they don't want it right? XD
Wicka

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions