Transportation!

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey All, Wicka here :hello2:
Haven't made a new thread lately, but have been thinking about this one for a while.
I'm going to be getting my Driver's permit and soon after license. I don't want to pay for registration/gas/insurance/ect!
What do you think about this?
3bike.jpg
Thing in the bag for boxes =)
Since I feel like
box23.jpg
Carrying boxes across town. My boss picks me up (just to mow his lawn weekly, and work on a project occasionly) and I use the bus to get to school, don't see a reason to pay the school to bring your own car when they provide a free one...
Any ideas? Comments? Opinions? I could ride it to 2 different banks in town! (expanding hunting grounds by 1 bank)
Whatcha think?
Wicka:icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Wickaboag

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
why can't you return beer cans? I did when I was a kid. Crush them and put them in the bag. The recycle center is not going to go through them, just weigh them and dump them.

None of that around here, just liquor stores or at walmart there is a 'redemption center' I guess I could there :P I'd rather stick to soda cans, if anything..
Wicka

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 683795
Think this would be betteR?

Dude, not any better. Just a bike. I understand you are traveling over a mile with coins...

I also trek around a lot with halves, and it is really tedious, but look at it like this.. Free workout. Seriously... So many people buy gym memberships and never use them. You have a hobby that gives you the motivation to exert energy constantly. Just ride safe. And BTW, helmets are more valuable than a solid roll of halves. (this has been a pubic service message from Weaselbrott).

...the chicks!

OP
OP
Wickaboag

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Dude, not any better. Just a bike. I understand you are traveling over a mile with coins...

I also trek around a lot with halves, and it is really tedious, but look at it like this.. Free workout. Seriously... So many people buy gym memberships and never use them. You have a hobby that gives you the motivation to exert energy constantly. Just ride safe. And BTW, helmets are more valuable than a solid roll of halves. (this has been a pubic service message from Weaselbrott).

...the chicks!

It's just pain when it's too much coin... (like when I have 3+ boxes)
Plus if I wanted to go to the bank probably 1/2 mile up road... I would be walking way to far for my back! I don't mind walking with 1 box in hand, one in backpack. but more then that and it's not exercise!
Wicka

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Love you bro, but think about the chicks on this decision, not the silver.

This chick doesn't mind tris or silver. LOL =)

Hugs and Smiles,
-Garoulady

PS - check your highways and local garbages for aluminum cans. I have been finding a bunch that no one wants to take the time in returning or can't return due to no deposit. So I crush them and save them for scrappers. anything is better than nothing.

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool idea wicka.
If you got the balls to ride that around then do it!
I think I would be a little too self-conscious to ride that. I would probably just get a little cart and pull it behind me.
Kinda like the luggage with wheels.

Either way, I am sure it is a lot better than carrying them!

OP
OP
Wickaboag

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool idea wicka.
If you got the balls to ride that around then do it!
I think I would be a little too self-conscious to ride that. I would probably just get a little cart and pull it behind me.
Kinda like the luggage with wheels.

Either way, I am sure it is a lot better than carrying them!

Luggage! :O
Maybe a $10 pull behind back pack from wally-world... Hmm!
that'd be a good idea.. but still have to walk =P
Wicka

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
You could always get those um, buggers I can't remember what they call them, but they are basically skateboards with a handle on them and you push yourself around on it. You could make a heavy duty one that you could put a small basket on the back of it and put your boxes inside. You are just using one leg to move yourself around. ::knocks head against the wall:: I hate it when I can't remember what something is. Must be the black mold in our basement doing this to me. Ugh!

Smiles and Hugs,
Garoulady

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I want to see you ride that trike with 5 boxes of halves in the basket and 15 on the trailer lol

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could always get those um, buggers I can't remember what they call them, but they are basically skateboards with a handle on them and you push yourself around on it. You could make a heavy duty one that you could put a small basket on the back of it and put your boxes inside. You are just using one leg to move yourself around. ::knocks head against the wall:: I hate it when I can't remember what something is. Must be the black mold in our basement doing this to me. Ugh!

Smiles and Hugs,
Garoulady

It's called a scooter, and the idea that you can put a basket on one of those to haul coins around in is pretty ludicrous. THAT must be the black mold.

Virgil

Sep 25, 2012
Georgia (And that's as specific as it's gonna get!
Detector(s) used
Eyes and hands, mainly. Sometimes I whip out the ol' sniffer...
Primary Interest:
Other
Personally, I say screw appearences - Roll with that trike, man! If they be hatin', it's only 'cause they're jealous of how you ridin'. Just make sure to strap your gat if you're heading through any sketchy parts of town. Homies gots to protect themselves and their assets, yo. Em, back me up, dawg...

Senor

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude that trike is a time machine. It will transport you 60 years into the future and you'll become a 75 year old man.

Don't do the trike ... it's not worth it.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Diver, you used terms I am not familiar with, "Hard-pack" "A1A" :\ I was just looking through bikes on walmart.com :P I live up north, all hills and woods around here not much pretty beach life. I'm sure I could get one from an old retiree or something :) I think my grandfather has one... but it's only two wheels, and a small basket.
I just need something to throw probably 3 boxes into. nothing to fancy. I'd take an old mountain bike and throw a little pull behind cart on it. >.< Anything to make it easier/faster. I waste 30 minutes walking (round trip) walking to bank...
Wickaboag:D

A1A is the name of the scenic road that partially runs down the east coast of Florida. I believe it starts around Saint Augustine. "Hard-Pak" is the friggin road..........

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
A1A is the name of the scenic road that partially runs down the east coast of Florida. I believe it starts around Saint Augustine. "Hard-Pak" is the friggin road..........

Close. A1A is a state coastal highway that runs along the east coast of Florida. Not really a highway, but a coastal scenic roadway. It runs from Fernandina Beach to Key West. Hard-Pack is the tidal zone on the beach between High tide and low tide. The sand becomes hard packed due to the water pressure/tension. This zone is commonly called the "lane" amongst beach hunters. When swimmers lose something during high tide, the items are left behind when the water recedes.

Back to the point - The trike is not some sissy ride. It is serious transportation. Wally-World only sells the smaller/lighter model. You can google the manufacture and research the other models. I would go for the heavy-duty load model. They'll ship right to your door. Be prepared to lay down some money as they aren't cheap.

CurlysGold

Sep 23, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
why can't you return beer cans? I did when I was a kid. Crush them and put them in the bag. The recycle center is not going to go through them, just weigh them and dump them.

If there's a college nearby see if you can clean up frat houses as a side job. There are always tons of beers cans to collect.

smitty58d

Feb 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mountain bike and one of those trailers you pull kids with. I used one of these to pull my kids and all the lady's would watch as we rode by. Two birds with one stone the ladies think your a grea big brother and you get to pull your coins around. You can get a used one pretty cheap.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor said:
Dude that trike is a time machine. It will transport you 60 years into the future and you'll become a 75 year old man.

Don't do the trike ... it's not worth it.

Dude if you can get that thing up to 88 mph, you can do some serious CRHing... I'd take it to the front door of the San Francisco mint in 1909 and pick up a couple $50 bags of 1909s vdb cents!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread