Treasure Clue, can you help?

C

cegodsey

Kris - Haven't seen you in a while. ?Seems like there's gotta be one in TX. ? ?If you look on the map on tweleve, under Found Tokens - The Dead Zone, you'll see the areas that have and haven't been covered yet. ?Somewhere around San Antonio would be a good location. ?Which one is your token?

Esme - thanks. Since I'm semi retired from this hunt, I'm just trying to relax and be me.

E

Esme

Cegodsey
what i bet u found a token HUH thats why u r taking it easy lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which token?Do you think there will be any in Ca
Esme

H

hoppperr

cegodsey said:
Since I'm semi retired from this hunt, I'm just trying to relax and be me.

I'm crossing my fingers, legs, and toes that it's semi-retired. I don't know if I could carry on without you, Ern. You were an inspiration to me when I was ready to give up. Ever since Anita, I've been rejuvinated. And, those EYES, oh how they hypnotize. Anybody that would hire you would be lucky to have you working for them. Heck, I'd hire ya if I could.

Peg

C

cegodsey

Esme said:
Cegodsey
what i bet u found a token HUH thats why u r taking it easy lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which token?Do you think there will be any in Ca
Esme

The Mate token. There will be a token either in California or West Nevada and Southern Oregon.

A

Ashlynnsmommy

Well anyone whos been to and around San Antonio probaly would agree with me that the location doesnt sound much like a winner. haha. Sorry not a fan of that place. I am thinking more around this other location that has lots of trees and water ... oh maybe I am just wanting to go there. Either way I have made plans to go that way on my way to the Lake. hehe. Alrighty then ... I guess I am off to deal with the brats!

Happy Hunting,
Kris

H

hoppperr

Ashlynnsmommy said:
Well anyone whos been to and around San Antonio probaly would agree with me that the location doesnt sound much like a winner.? haha.? Sorry not a fan of that place.? Kris

Kris: I was in San Antonio once on a business trip and I really liked it, except for the heat. The River Walk, The Alamo (so small), the Mexican Restaurants. Of course, it was a short trip. Did I miss the bad parts?

Peggy

roselake

Tenderfoot
May 31, 2005
North East Ohio
Pg. 63, I took the extra letters "ugfxjycpk" put them in a caeser shift (i shifted 24 times) and got "whirl maze".? I've tried cutting the blocks apart and putting the wood grain and whirls together, but i couldn't come up with anything.? Anyone have any ideas about this?

& cegodsey, are you related to Rupert from Survivor?? lol you sure look a like.? ;)

C

cegodsey

I used to not look at all like Rupert, but seems that recently I seem to be growing towards that result. I'll need to get some wife beater (tie-dye) tank tops and some flip flops, and ya'll will have a southern Rupert.

zuse

Mar 18, 2005
Virginia
Hi everyone:

I put his together from a lot of sources, so I hope it's right. But the notes I have are that the pages that have the clues to the 8 tokens found so far are:

31, 33, 37, 38, 44, 66, 86, 88

Half of these are doubles - like the critters and their mates. Just an observation. Maybe 55, 77, etc. are viable pages to concentrate on?

Zuse

C

cegodsey

Zuse - Fascinating.

Roselake - I believe that the 5 pieces to the puzzle are the types of woodgrain. NE-SW, NW-SE, N-S, round with colored dot, round with clear dot. From what they say on tweleve, that gives you the location. The map page will give the exact location, but you must solve for the vine wraps. I think the answer is Yelnick Mc Wawa State Park, although that might be for the hummingbird.

Oh, I took the chain offa the chainsaw and replaced it with a rubber belt. Now, when I sit in my baby's wagon, I can put the chainsaw belt aginst the back wheel and make it go. Gotta put it ginst the right wheel, cuz the left one will make it go backwards. Found that out when I run backwards into the swimmin hole. Never thought I'd get all the mud outta Betty's carb. My sweet Betty. Recommend ya'll get one if ya don't got one.

L

LitDoc

Hi All,

Thanks for asking. ?After my semester ended at the end of April, I have been traveling: San Antonio, TX; Biloxi, MS; Valdosta; GA; and back to Valdosta again next week. ?I started working on my new book two weeks ago, and have done little else. ?The title is "The 200 All Time Best-Selling Picture Books: Every Teacher and Parents' Answer to, 'What should I read to my children?'" ?It will be published by Allyn & Bacon (Pearson Education) next summer. ?Meanwhile, the second edition of my children's literature textbook will hit the college bookstores next week.

I could not possibly go back and read more than a month's postings, but I gather several tokens have been found. ?Does anyone care to recap what and where and which clues?

Someone mentioned San Antonio a few posts back. ?In early May, I posted a description of a perfect hiding place along the River Walk there, and a couple hundred people (or more) do walk past it every day. ?Yet, between 2:00 to 5:00 am, no one is around, so something could be easily be hidden then.

Best,
Nancy

L

LitDoc

Thanks, Zeus, your last posting was very helpful! I've been trying to piece together what I missed while I was traveling for the past month. If I understand your post correctly, eight tokens have been found with clues from eight pages--seven of which have one of the hidden critters on it (all except page 38).

L

LitDoc

I found the old post on San Antonio:

>> Yesterday I got back from San Antonio. Along the riverwalk, which runs through the city, there are many ancient cypress trees--some up to 350 years old. I saw one that had an enormous hole in it, which I could not bring myself to reach inside as there could have been unfriendly (and jeweless) insects abiding. The most interesting incident was when I looked in an upscale accessory store along the riverwalk, which displayed in a locked case a jeweled grasshopper, butterfly, and snail (among others). These were not precious stones, perhaps just rhinestones, but it was enchanting to see them there. <<

T

treasuretrapper

About that walmart NY square kinda thing~
MS did say on the radio that he was placing one of the tokens but he had to come back to one of the locations a week l8tr because this guy kept following him and bugging him............

Ashlynnsmommy~nice 2 see u back!

C

cegodsey

Sorry man. I've got a whole different perspective on it than you. Why do you want to have so many colors?

C

cegodsey

As far as the hunt, stick me with a fork, 'cause I'm done. My wife won't let me do it any more (I have to be sneaky about getting on the computer just to do this). Every time I get a chance to work on a puzzle, either my wife catches me, or my kid comes and gets me and drags me away. So, I guess it's just not meant to be.

Got an email from Hoppperr that CMSCHUT didn't find anything in RedRock. Although the ant map's features and Red Rock really matched well. Too bad no one has been able to solve the ant puzzle, whichever one that is. Besides, there are 4 tokens left and too much area to spread them out, so AZ wouldn't seem to be a likely place.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions