Treasure Clue, can you help?

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
cegodsey said:
OK, I got this off of the ATT site, and I think it may be of interest.? I guess you could say I was lurking or spying...? From what I have read about the spider, it appears that the knots tell you what page to use for a map to the location.? Now, if I had to think of a page that when taken as a whole gives a map, I'd have to say Salt Lick Sit Tea.

Don't know if that means anything to anyone, but I thought I'd post it.

Ernie , i was trying to find where you saw this at . Can you help?

zuse

Mar 18, 2005
Virginia
Carol - Welcome back! I wish you had found a token - you have put a great deal of work into this project and have been very helpful to others, including myself - but, it's not over yet! Keep at it! I just know someone on this site will find one. Zuse

T

Trapape

Welcome back to the group Pancho. Hope that the personal matters are take care of and you can now focus On the hunt. Unfortunately no one from here has been able to snag a token but our hopes are high.

T

Trapape

Corry to hear that your trip turned up empty handed but glad that you had fun. Wish I could have made that trip with you.

Cegodsey- Not that I didn't believe in your reasonable deduction on a location, but after the hummingbird hunts that I have been going on using the same type of reasoning and failing I just felt that I needed a little more to go on. Hope feelings aren't hurt.

Tracie

T

treasuretrapper

Welcome back pancho!
I was just reading back though all the posts and i noticed that we have no info on pook..(other than there is a jewel and a token of him someplace)... Am i just totally off and there is alot of stuff out there on him, or should we start looking and paying attention to him more?

I was also wondering what kinda stuff we came up with about pg. 19.....I know there was a little bit of talk thinking that that is one of the spider pages, but then again there is a spider page on pg. 20 and 21.....and there was even more talk about being one of the pook pages because that is mostly what the picture and caption is of...
So whats the verdict?

~Sara

T

TCDad

OK, here's a question regarding the Beetle/Blocks page:

Does anyone know if the acorns in the dropcap have been used for a key for any other token so far?? I've tried them with the blocks and dandelions and have not gotten anywhere. There are 5 acorns pointing in different directions that it just looks too obvious not be a key.

Although I am concentrating on the Ant at the moment, I can't help but notice things like this. Any ideas???

Cheers,

TCDad 8)

B

BATOTW

hi, I was just wondering if and tokens were near Wisconsin, Minnesota, Indiana, Iowa and Illinios because I could check it out for anyone. I also wanted to know what tokens have truly been found so i dont have to keep working on them not knowing. thnx
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? BATOTW

luckypony

Mar 30, 2005
TEXAS
I see a hidden POOK on page 19!!

He is to the right of the leaf with 322 on it near the bottom of the stem.
He looks just my little Pook I got with my kit

Luckypony

ronimay

Greenie
May 4, 2005
Atlanta, Georgia
Treasuretrapper - I think page 19 is about the spider because there is a tool that looks like a top suspended by a string on the right of the picture and the tool itself is surrounded by little leaves that look like spider legs. There are 3 big leaves and an acorn at the right top (bigger than the little leaves scattered around) and 6 big leaves and 2 acorns at the bottom left. I'm not sure why they are different colors but the one at the top of the 6 bunch has 3-2-2 lines on it. The larger leaves appear to have been drawn in at a later date than the picture was made. ? Roni

L

LitDoc

Welcome back Pancho! I hope all your personal business was taken care of, so you can now go out and find that spider token.

Can anyone bring a workaholic (namely me) up to date on how the tokens were found? Are they all in knotholes in trees in state parks? Are all the clues in the illustrations? Is it just the illustrations with a "hidden" critter that hold the keys? (From the poem, it does sound like the clues for the Pook token are in the text.) Was the subpoem a hoax? What the hell is on the Nomenclature Book, anyway (besides the bee)?

I had to laugh when I read the news release about the young woman who found one near the restrooms at a park. It made me think of Black Beard's theory of rest stops along the highway! :)

Nancy

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Luckpony , where you see pook is it the discoloration of the yellow . If not could youscan and post a pic ?

Ronimay , great eye ! There a 4 tokens left Pook is the 4th

T

treasuretrapper

What do the 3 big leaves and an acorn at the right top (bigger than the little leaves scattered around) and 6 big leaves and 2 acorns at the bottom left have to do with anything??? did any1 every figure out the 3-2-2 thing???
~Sara

shadoelady

Feb 5, 2005
ronimay said:
BATOTW? The last time I checked there were only 3 tokens left to find- The beetle, the ant and the spider. All the rest have been claimed.
I thought the beetle had been found. I have a solution wrote down in my solved puzzles?????

luckypony

Mar 30, 2005
TEXAS
CMSCHUT,
sorry unable to scan right now. But if you turn book sideways with 18
in your lap and look between those leafs at the bottom.In the lighter shade you can see his
leg resting on the base of the leaf and move on up and you can see his head and a little ear.

Luckypony

ronimay

Greenie
May 4, 2005
Atlanta, Georgia
CMSCHUT I am just going by the poem - 12 places to seek 12 treasures to keep I haven't seen any clues in the book for pook - I think he will give clues on his website for pook. That's why I said 9 were found 3 left

zuse

Mar 18, 2005
Virginia
Hi everyone.

I am trying to narrow down pages to concentrate on.

According to the information I have been able to gather from several sites, below is a list of the pages containing the winning clues. Some clues had the more than 1 part of the puzzle on a page. Pages already "used":

Puzzle clue: 31, 33, 37, 38, 41, 44, 52, 66, 86
Maps: 16, 22, 25, 28, 52, 55, 59, 66, 88
Trees: 18, 24, 30, 44, 54, 57, 65, 71, 88

By my count, there are still 17 full page photos left and only 3 tokens. So, which pages are the most likely to have the clues?

My guess is 20 & 21 (spider), 55, and 77 since these are double numbers - parts of the clues have been found on 22, 33, 44, 66 & 88, and I am using the same logic.

Just a thought.

Zuse

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread