Treasure Clue, can you help?

H

hoppperr

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
Zuse , thanks for the words of incouragemant . The trip only made me want to locate one even more . For my own sanity .

Luckypony , i will look into the pook guy as soon as i get a new book this morning . I'm really tired of trying to find a page in stacks of papers . It always seems that the one i need to look at i can't seem to find . After reading the last few posts on pook , i thnk he may be here on this pg 19 , the tool pg . Only a thought to throw out there . It was mentioned before and i'm just thinking out loud on those ideas .

F

FindersKeepers2k5

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
what's going on?
I have finally done loads of wash, vacuumed, shopped etc.....
Now that this is almost over.

Thanks for the trees update Bass

D

Dkos2

Hey this is weird how come no info was ever posted on like the firefly being found? heck i thought it was still out there any one know>?

zuse

Mar 18, 2005
Virginia
Dkos2:

Here's what I've heard - the firefly was found in Foss State Park, OK. The clue was: FOSSSPCHINABERRYFOUR found on page 33 by using the characteristics of the acorns. The map was found on page 28 and the tree on page 30.

UGH!

Zuse

zuse

Mar 18, 2005
Virginia
And, another thing - I really hate the time difference. I'm in the east, and most of the regular posters on this site are west of me. By the time I get home from work and get everyone settled so I can go online, it is easily 9-10:00 and everyone else is offline. I need someone to talk to! Anyone out there?

Zuse

C

cegodsey

you could do like Kramer and adjust your time to reflect mountain time.

Oh, and I KNOW HOW TO SOLVE THE DANDELION SEEDS!

C

cegodsey

Actually, I've found several new methods to solve the seeds. Remember on that page that it says "There are thirteen." The seeds can be divided equally by 13 w/keys. Yep, 34 seeds.

zuse

Mar 18, 2005
Virginia
cegodsey - How in the heck do you divide 34 by 13 evenly? Just curious. I believe the dandelion seeds are one of the last remaining great puzzles left in the book. I will be very interested to hear the answer when it is finally posted, because I've spent a lot of time on them. Zuse

C

cegodsey

Zuse, it's simple. 13 X 2 = 26. 34 - 26 = 8. 8 / 2 = 4. So, you have 2 strings of 13 seeds with a 4 seed key for each string. For your viewing pleasure, go to
http://www.treasurenet.com/gallery/albums/userpics/17994/colandrow.jpg
to see the first 13 seeds followed by the key. You know when you have the first 13, because it ends with an X.

Also, hidden (not very well) in the gallery, is a page with both 13s and both keys. As to the grid, try renumbering by using the scarf numbers. Instead of 12345 X 12345, try 14235 X 14235. Or, the horizontal lines could be numbered 14235, and the first 13 seeds could be paired with the line numbers. Isn't it funny how the first thirteen seem to fall into five neat rows?

zuse

Mar 18, 2005
Virginia
cegodsey - WOW! Oh yes, it's funny all right - it's just a hoot! Thank you very much - I plan to work on this tonight - this has been driving me crazy since the beginning. I keep coming back to the seeds. I appreciate your help. Zuse

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread