Treasure Clue, can you help?

X

xlogicx

True about the sub-poem Pancho,

i just read it today when i got to work....i'll try to look more into it once i get home.....the sub poem does make sense in a way when i got this from someone else.....

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
HELLO ALL, THE 5 TO A SIDE ? I HAVE ALWAYS THOUGHT IT MAY MEAN LONGITUDE AND LATITUDE WHAT DOES ANYONE THINK? ALSO I THINK THE PICTURE OF POOK CRYSTALIZED IN THE BOOK ALSO RESEMBLES THE U.S. IN A WAY AND ALL THOSE LINES RESEMBLE THE TIME AND MILEAGE PAGE ON A MAP OF THE U.S. ANY THOUGHTS?

M

milkkanz

hmm.. cmshut i dont know about longitiude and lattitude, why would u think its that? 5 longitude lines is quit a far distance from start to finish. Also i belive sumone mentioed the crystalized pook as being a map already, i think i seen it sumwhere!

T

treasuretrapper

Within longitude and latude lines there are seperate sections with different names so the lindin thing could be a name of a place between the lines...
Just my thoughts.........
~Sarah~

G

ghost

Hello all.

Sorry. I did not know the rules on the personal messages. My email address is [email protected]

Please send correspondence there. I did not check back because I thought no one was interested.

Gemini

Feb 11, 2005
This doesn't help us find the jewels, but it is fun and intriguing to learn that:

"Ye nomenclature of faeries" is an anagram for:

"You can feel mere in a forest"

Meaning, one of the amazing aspects of visiting forests is the way it can make one feel so insignificant.

No doubt, another little inside comment from Stadther.

I'm almost certain I've identified at least 2 or 3 of the locations of the jewels, alas they are far away from me (I'm in Dallas). I may go this weekend to hunt for the one I am most confident of. I will share this:

The poem is the structure of how to find the jewels. If you read my post about the anagram of the song sung to Zac in The Dream, (not to mention the pun in the poem's last l ine) you know what the sanctuary is. That determined, think about where such sanctuaries would be and what motivation Stadther might have for writing this book and that (without the code five to a side) should help you identify the name of the 'where' the jewels are hidden.

Then, for the precise location, it is to the faeries you turn to, for: 'they will show you where to go".

Ah but which faeries, and how do they show us? That's the mystery...but research can help with that.

A

Ashlynnsmommy

Gemini,
? ? ? Pretty interesting.? If you do go this weekend hope you find one!? I am in Lubbock, Tx.? And I also believe I know the location of one that would take a little more than a days drive.? The first chance I get thats where I'm headed.? If it's not found before hand!? Anyway just wanted to wish you luck!

Kris

M

milkkanz

Hm... intresting Pancho, i too am starting to see more locations, its just pinpointing where at in that location they are. I do think your right though, people are looking at it to hard and find things that werent ment to be found, therfore leading them in the exact opposite direction of any treasure at all. If you look at thinks with a more General Mind, then more and more things start to fit in place. Its almost as if MS made this book for a kid to solve.

B

bella26

Gemini said:
This doesn't help us find the jewels, but it is fun and intriguing to learn that:

"Ye nomenclature of faeries" is an anagram for:

"You can feel mere in a forest"

Meaning, one of the amazing aspects of visiting forests is the way it can make one feel so insignificant.

No doubt, another little inside comment from Stadther.

I'm almost certain I've identified at least 2 or 3 of the locations of the jewels, alas they are far away from me (I'm in Dallas). I may go this weekend to hunt for the one I am most confident of.? I will share this:

The poem is the structure of how to find the jewels. If you read my post about the anagram of the song sung to Zac in The Dream, (not to mention the pun in the poem's last l ine) you know what the sanctuary is.? That determined, think about where such sanctuaries would be and what motivation Stadther might have for writing this book and that (without the code five to a side) should help you identify the name of the 'where' the jewels are hidden.

Then, for the precise location, it is to the faeries you turn to, for:? 'they will show you where to go".?

Ah but which faeries, and how do they show us?? That's the mystery...but research can help with that.?
Gemini--where is the post about the anagram of the song sung to Zac in The Dream? I can't find it

P

pancho_semplice

Fun with Dictionary.com

So I looked up a couple of words that were bugging me in the poem: nary and abide.

Well interesting definitions abound!

Nary literally means not one. Anyone else want to say it's not, "an even code with on piece"? ;) Actually, I think it is one piece, and I have my own idea on what the word nary means in the scope of the puzzles! ;)

Abide was a little more fitting, "to wait patiently for."
A code of numbers five to a side, reveals the name where the treasures patiently wait . . .

Hmmm, an interesting use of the ole dictionary. :o

Gemini

Feb 11, 2005
Bella26:

"Moon like, moon like.
Dreamer one on ending, I cause your puzzling." =

"Look in me, look in me.
Under rizing moon a gulden prize you will see"

Pancho:

I caution you from running to Elm and Oak Street in whatever city you are considering.

Although I would never be so cocky as to say you are wrong, think about what ultimate goal
Stadther might have for writing this book (other than fame and fortune, of course). That might lead
you in a completely different direction than the one you are headed.

But good luck nevertheless! I hope you are right.

Gemini

L

LitDoc

Treasure box

>:( OK, so I can't attach a word file, nor can I cut and paste it here. It is only a simple blank 5 x 5 matrix, but I will send it to you by email if you write [email protected].

L

LitDoc

Treasure Box

Not only did my original attachment fail to post, but the whole message failed also, so you are getting all this in reverse order.

I designed a simple 5 x 5 matrix that one can make multiple copies of and try to solve the clue on page 87, "Before him lay an open box that was as long as it was wide and inside the box were smaller boxes arranged in rows, five to a side. . . . [Zac] took those things and filled the small boxes with them. . . . . He [now] knew where the jewels were hidden. . . . "

T

treasuretrapper

Gemini and Pancho,

Good Luck and well wishes from all of us here at treasurenet!

Hope it's the spider for both or you!!!!!

~Sara~treasuretrapper

good luck!!!

T

taylzat

Hey everybody. I'm new to this chat thing so bear with me. I've been reading over some of the other things that have been posted. I thought I had hit upon something yesterday, but was mistaken. The letters that the fairies are pointing to total 13 and using the phrase "an even code with one piece nary" I thought that maybe these 13 letters might have been half of the state abbreviations where the tokens are hidden. Since state abbreviations are 2 letters and they're one piece nary, we have to figure out the other letter for each. But the 'b' dispells that theory. Any thoughts?

T

treasuretrapper

That makes sense.........though were are the other half of the state abbrevations? and of the "B"......Could they be in the page across from the title page in the book?? The numbers in the bottom are...........

F E N D M G H B C O I J A L K

(on the first two pages when you open the book there are numbers at the bottom of the page and these are the letter from the number)

Example: 1 2 3 4 5 6 = a b c d e f

but notice that that "B" is back...............

Sara

A

Ashlynnsmommy

Sara,
I think that you are right. The B has to be accounted for ... b/c it is there!

Kris

T

treasuretrapper

Mabey the "B" could stand for between this state or that one or mabey on the border.............or mabey the two "b's" together could be between the borders..........

Any other ideas anyone?????

or mabey they aren't states after all and we are just (once again) overanalizing......

or we could be right.....lol

~Sara

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread