Treasure Clue, can you help?

A

ashleyc

someone might have already posted this, but the numbers on the bottom of page 2 might correlate with the letters in the title-- which then spells out "save our trees art". i just started looking here, so sorry if this has been pointed out.

A

ashleyc

i haven't read back on all of your posts, so you might have already printed this, but i believe i have the whole poem figured out if anyone needs it. i also know what the FORMAT for the 5 sides puzzle is, but not what goes in the puzzle. any hints??

G

gman

Ashley,
Please go back and read the old posts. It takes awhile but there is plenty of good information and it keeps us moving forward instead of hashing over the same ground. Hope that doesn't sound mean but the entire poem has been posted as well as the subpoem. Thanks and let us know when you have some new clues....
Gary

A

ARealJen

The Book!

I am new to this forum so please bear with me! I have read all of the pages and am just amazed at how many intelligent people are out there and are having as much fun as I am with this book. Let me just tell you, I am from Western Mass. and I just went to Danbury, CT this weekend to see the jewels (and of course the crystal pook!) and I was just beside myself. I came to Michael's book signing with book in hand and printed pages from this web site and HE himself was thrilled. Was impressed with all of everyone's efforts. I did get the chance to meet him (more than once cause it wasn't that busy and I thought of new ?'s everytime I turned around) and Michael would not give in to anything. He did say that The Today Show was quite the experience for him. They gave him more minutes on air than ever and Katie Couric was definitely into the whole scene as well. If any of you get the chance to see the jewels and meet the author I highly recommend doing so. Keep up the good work! [email protected]........

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
TREASURETRAPPER, THANKS FOR YOUR INSIGHT. I ONLY THREW THE IDEA OUT THERE BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WOULD GIVE AN EXACT LOCATION. I THOUGHT THE IDEA WAS GOOD BECAUSE WE HAVE FOUND OUR EXACT ADDRESS BY THOSE MEANS SO I THOUGHT WHY NOT SEE WHAT OTHERS THOUGHT. ALSO A ZIP CODE HAS MORE THAN A 5 DIGIT CODE TO GET A MORE PRECISE LOCATION. MAYBE MILKKANZ OR PANCHO WOULD KNOW BETTER ! ANYWAY YES I POSTED POOK LOOKING LIKE THE U.S. MAP JUST WANTED ANYONES THOUGHTS ON IT.

T

treasuretrapper

at first i thought you were mad at me because i didnt see the "thanks for" part of your insight but then i got it .
ur welcome!
Sara

C

Carr7681

zip codes

zip codes

11 12? 13? 14? 15? 16? ?17? 18? 19 20? 21? 22? ?23? 24? ?25 26?
A? ? B? ?C? ? D? ?E? ? ?F? ? G? ? H? ?I? ? J? ? K? ? L? ? M? ? N? ? O? ?P? ?

1? ? 2? ?3? ?4? ? 5? ?6? ? 7? ?8? ?9? ? 10
Q? ? R? ?S? T? ? U? ?V? ?W? ?X? ?Y? ? Z

The Word Dust:

is 14534

Pittsford NY

What do you think?

A

ARealJen

Aw Pancho.......we had such faith in you......

I may be heading to NH next weekend with the kids for some fun. Guess I'll have to check it out for myself. Have no clue as to what I'm looking for but I'll look nonetheless. Best of luck to you and yours. Take care.

Jen :)

T

treasuretrapper

Dont Give Up Pancho We Have Faith!!!

Carr7681 said:
zip codes

11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Q R S T U V W X Y Z

The Word Dust:

is 14534

Pittsford NY

What do you think?

That makes sense to me......so did you just do that out of know where or did you see something in the book that 'told' you to set something up like this?
Just Wondering cus it makes perfect sense unless the word is to short...... Were did u get dust by the way?
~Sara

C

Carr7681

Sarah,

Somewhere I saw a post that the Q was the missing one you did not see and I used it as a key... giving the Q the number 1

Mary

T

treasuretrapper

Mary-
That makes more sense. Thanks for spelling it out for the people who didnt get it ;)
And where did you get "DUST"
where would we get a word like that?
~Sara

isitsaturdayyet

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2005
I got a book in mid-February and unfortunately solved most of what I've read in this forum before hearing that it existed! ?Could've gotten a lot more sleep! ? . . .and my book is literally falling apart now! ?I'm glad I'm not alone in my obsession, (or am I glad???) :D

At any rate, my initial thought after breezing through all this was that people are making it too hard for a children's book, but maybe not! ?I've spent the last few weekends thinking I know exactly where the tokens HAVE TO BE, but haven't found a thing. ?My 10 yr old just completely blew holes in my theory on one location (seeing what I wanted to see because it was close, I think) and it turned out to be private property, that only seemed to be public after all.

I don't have anything new that someone hasn't already posted, other than my 'location' I'm not giving up yet(just in case), but I do have a little advice. ?Have fun with it. ?I think what the author really had in mind is for it to be a fun(and hopefully profitable) family activity. ?My son and I went on a COMPLETELY wild goose chase this weekend, and have NEVER had more fun. ?(I'll be taking my lunch to work because I used all my lunch money on gas, but oh well!) ?We were in a pretty public area, and had several stumps to investigate, and not wanting to look like LUNATICS sticking our heads inside dead trees, we stood guard for each other ready to give the 'hooty-hoot' if someone was coming! ?That comedy was worth more than any jeweled bug (except maybe the spider ?. . haha). ?

My advice: ?
Thump on the stump before you stick your head in, I startled a mouse and almost wet myself, I think my son did(from laughing so hard)
Make SURE where you are going is PUBLIC BEFORE you go on a journey!
If all else fails, find a fun local attraction and make the best of the day, we had a lot of fun and learned alot this weekend, and this book was the only reason we would have ever gone there. ?
Using a metal detector on a tree makes you look crazier than sticking your head in it, but it may give you piece of mind that you didn't overlook anything. :P
Be careful climbing trees . . . (that's what the kids are for! ;D)

By the way, does anyone know if the picture of the token in the book is 'life-size' or are we making a 'big' assumption?

Melissa . . . and yes, to all you anagram wizards, I know my name sounds like 'asylum' backwards, my friends have already beaten you to that one (thanks to this book)!

T

treasuretrapper

Well Feel Free To Keep Goin On that Path And Healping To Lead Us All 2!!!
Thanks!
~Sara

isitsaturdayyet

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2005
Wow, I couldn't agree with Pancho more about his theories.? Actually, I'm petrified we are working on the same two zipcodes!? ha ha? My two are VERY subtle, so subtle I worry that I am seeing what I want to.? I am also puzzled by pg66.? This was the page I based my ongoing search around, only to realize that privately held property that was open to the public for a small fee might not qualify as PUBLIC.? I think that rules out the location, but I'm not sure.? Aside from that, even without a zipcode, it seemed to be perfect. Any thoughts??

I tried to trace the random pieces of vines in the letterboxes.? Some have common leaves, that I thought might overlap to form letters, numbers or words but I couldn't come up with anything.? They also have different vine thicknesses and leaf shapes.? I'm not sure they go together.? Maybe they go somewhere else??

Also, notice that the snail always wears a blue scarf in the book, except on the back cover, when the 'crystallized' snail shows up with no scarf.? That puzzles me because the snail in the 'motion sequence' at the top corners in the front of the book HAD a scarf on and was looking like the mate that got cryastallized by the dust.? Do you think that could just be a fluke, or for a reason?? If the crystallized snail did have the scarf, then the other pictures would have been before the story began.??? I may be worrying about a non-issue.

? . . . is it Saturday yet?? ? This book gives a whole new meaning to living for the weekend!? ha ha

C

Carr7681

Dust is what is crystallizing the forest -

Sorry guys I made a mistake, too many numbers!!
Forgive my post.

A? B? C? D? E? ? ? ? ? ?1? ? 2? ? ?3? ? ?4? ? ?5? ?
F? G? H? I? ?J? ? ? ? ? ? 6? ? 7? ? ?8? ? ?9? ?10
K? L? M? N O? ? ? ? ? ?11? 12? ?13? ?14? ?15
P? R? S? T? U? ? ? ? ? 16? 17? ?18? ?19? ?20?
V? W X Y? Z? ? ? ? ? ?21? 22? ?23? ?24? ?25

As posted before, Q maybe the one that is missing,
so 5x5 box letters in one numbers in the other.

I picked out a word from the book that is a main
story line DUST. D is #4 U is #20 S is # 18 and T is #19 = 4201819

ONCE AGAIN SORRY GUYS

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Mary

T

treasuretrapper

I have 2 admit that i was on Mary's side at first about the zip-codes thing but Pancho gave up a heck of a argument.....
What to think?
~Sara

J

jewels1301

Pancho,

The line reads backwards as if viewing through a mirror with letters in a form of script having curled ends. Some are in caps and others are small. The line is broken into two sections each following one of the two stems coming out of the lower right of the page. Furthermore, generally each word is preceded by a hole in a bud on the stem either large or small. Since it is all reversed, the line begins with the right stem rather than the left as one would expect.
The first word "WitH" starts after the second dot or hole in the first bud going upwards from the bottom; first to the left of the stem is w, followed by a small i that is dotted by a small black dot on the end of the line. The t comes from two small branches crossing and the H immediately to it's left formed by two branches in parallel crossed by a third extending out past the left of the brach and cutting back to the right.
The "name" is formed going up the stem after the small hole in the bud; the n comes out of the right branch, the a comes out of the main stem, the m and e each are written by a single brach coming from the intersection of the right branch and the main branch.
The "in" follows on the same branch toward the end with the purple thistle; the i is on the right formed from the leaf dotted with a hollow dot or circle or branch and the n is on the left formed from the leaf.
The "HAnD" is formed after the next hole in the bud coming out the branch below the branch below the one the snail is on; The H is first and is written similar to the H in "WitH", the A is immediately to the left, the n is left and below formed by two leaves hanging down. It would alost look like an upside bown V except for the slight curve making the n, and the D is imediately to the left formed by two intersecting leaves coming out of the same branch.
The second half of the lines starts back at the base of the two stems in the lower right this time following the left main stem after the bud with a hole and dot in the center.
The word "the" is formed by leaves coming out of the main stem; the t formed by the crossing of two leaves, the h by the next leaf to the left that splits in two, and the e from the next leaf coming out of the main stem.
The word "FARieS" is formed by leaves from the right small brach coming from the main stem above "the" and leaves coming out of the main stem; the F is formed by the leaf that runs through the e in "the" with the thick part of the leaf and the two parallel small leaves coming out to the left, tha A is formed by the continuation of the branch above "the" where it splits in two (one side is full of circles and dots and the other is fine on the left) and the main stem crosses it completing the letter, the R is formed by the end of the branch above "the" ignoring the where it splits, the main branch and the leaf and the leaf that comes out of the main branch and curls to the right.
The i is the next leaf coming out of the main branch and is dotted with a solid dot.
The e is the next lext leaf to the left.
The s is the next leaf to the left.
The word "KnOW" is in the end of the main brach on the far left of the page where it curls up.
The K is first formed by the first leaf coming out of the right side of the brach above all of the dots and holes in the stem.
The n is to the right formed by the next leaf spliting in two.
The O is formed by the next leaf making a circle.
And finally the W coming from the same leaf as the O after the split. Since everything is backwards in the picture the last word reads correctly because the main sten curls around.

The fact as to what is capitolized and what is small is open to interpretation.

I hope this helps,

Jewels.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread