Treasure Clue, can you help?

A

ashleyc

i was wondering if anyone else was confused about how the morse code works? i tried to decipher pg 31 and came up with NOTHING. i'm trying to help my son and feel a bit foolish....

P

pancho_semplice

Ashley,

Not to worry! ;) Here's what you do. Start at the far left side of the top of the inside border. Each letter is separated by a red dot. Just translate each of the letters, and you will get, "Near the overlook". Personally, I think this is something the original person who posted this should have kept to themselves! ;)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could 5 to a side, mean 5 on each side of the U.S. & the others in between ?

N

nysearcher

wow i didnt even no i was number 666 my lucky number, you know i was thinking maybe this 2nd poem can be just a throw off, i think the 2nd poem (the real one) has to fit in the parts we cant seem to find and the second poem is way too long if that were the case.

T

TSpoon

Regarding the Morse code on 31, does anyone make anything out of the dots and dashes that DO NOT make up the "Near the Overlook" message? ?I get, possibly, the letters FT or UET, depending on where you "slice" it. ?Any chance these are extra letters, like that extra letters on the blocks on page 63, that are part of a code?

P

pancho_semplice

TSpoon,

Saw the same thing, and not really sure what it means. It doesn't match up at all, but I only brushed past it. I'll give it another look to see if I have missed something. I would simply take EVERY conceivable grouping to see if there is anything there.

T

TSpoon

Pancho - thanks for the reply. My trouble is the fact that I WILL take every conceivable grouping. Like you, I also made an ill-fated trip about a week and a half ago. I was 75-80% certain. No token. Now I'm on the path of a second and I believe that I am VERY close. But am I convincing myself again, making something "work" when it really doesn't mean anything?

A

ashleyc

i think the zacana thing is good, whether or not it means anything- i was also trying to put their names together to form something. and thanks, pancho, for helping with the morse. we'll sit and try again. and you're right, i might have kept that to myself. ;) as for the weird vine pics (20,22,59 etc...) i have traced them and am attempting to overlap to find something-- has anyone else done this? if so, do you think the leaves attatched to the vines are part of the drawing? it would make a huge difference...

T

taylzat

Hello everyone. ?Concerning the morse code on page 31. ?It DOES spell out "near the overlook." Unfortunately, that's the only line of that second poem I can figure out. Heck, I can't read some of the first one. haha. I have a couple of questions, one concerning the first poem. How do you read "there are thirteen" on page 77. And where is the 2nd ant? I see the one on the stones on page 45, but do not see it's mate. Supposedly it's supposed to be in the dandelion on page 77. I live in SC by the way if anyone has a clue where a token might be, close by, I will help if I can.

B

Black-Beard

An even code with one nary. The V ciphere is 26 letters an even #, one missing- take the Q out of that ciphere and whola...
After many frustrating dead ends, I believe I've got it now and will be heading out on the 19th of this month to confirm it, so if your close you'd better hurry...
Good Luck to All...

J

jkIowa

Thoughts on this second poem thing.
I can't say that I agree or disagree with it at this time. ?The fact that the lines "near the overlook"
and "there are thirteen" don't seem to fit in the first poem but do in the second tends to make me think there is a second poem, valid or not.

Nor am I convinced that it is a one poem solution for finding all thirteen jewels. ?If this was the case, anyone who came up with the right clues to finding one would have the key to finding all thirteen.

I have read somewhere that MS hoped that all were found, but each were found by different people.
He also stated that if you found the clues to finding one, you might find two or three, because you will know how I think.

Notice he said two or three, not all thirteen. ?Which tends to make me belive there is more than one solution.

Again, I can't verify nor deny this second poem thing as nothing was said on how it was found or where (in code, or cypher, etc.) ?Nor have I been able to find anything to agree that it even exists.

Once again things are open for discussion.

I

ibscrewed

Taylzat,

To read there are thirteen on page 77 you need to fold the pages like a Mad fold in. But instead of folding it A to B like you do in that magazine here you fold the green border to each other. Then turn the page and look carefully, the lettering is quiet wide as it fills the length of the border. Hope that helps.

J

jkIowa

taylwat

As far as "near the overlook", you have it right. As far as the second poem that states "Ten of them near the overlook"----the "Ten of them" still has to be found or verified.

As for the second ant, look to page 77. At the bottem, in the squiggley lines, center of the page.
As agreed by most forems, the ant is upsidedown with the white dot as his eye.

B

Black-Beard

I'm looking for a trustworthy individual who has both the time and the means of going on a coast to coast road trip. I unfortunately do not have either but am willing to share my insight with the right person. I'm not looking to split the profits or anything like that, just a little (kick back)thank you and acknowledgement when you get the treasures. I'm going to hold out until after the 19th when I can at least get the one closest to me and then if I haven't found anyone worthy, I will post what I have on this site and the rest will be up for grabs...

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
I READ ON MS'S WEBSITE HE'LL BE POSTING A NEW CLUE ON 4-1 APRIL FOOLS DAY! I LOOKED UP ZACANA CACTUS AWHILE BACK. IT IS LOCATED IN ARIZONA.

A

ashleyc

black-beard- i cannot go coast to coast, but am in georgia and can drive around here if that helps. i'm going to florida this weekend and illinois the next if that matters to you. i am trustworthy and we could speak more about this if you'd like. i am in this MOSTLY for a fun adventure with my son, so even physically finding the token would be great for us.

patchythepirate

Mar 8, 2005
Hello everybody!
This book has consumed me. I've sucked everyone in around me ;D
Anyhow I spent my entire weekend in my pajamas ripping all the pages out of the book (if anyone had been watching they'd think I'd gone mad) thinking that the 5 to a side had something to do with all of the pictures in the book, like a giant floor puzzle. I was going to post on here not to bother ripping your book apart...however I had not been able to find the clue on 77 until one of the recent posts. So I was thinking has anyone tried folding the top border to the bottom border? The only way to do this is tear the page out. I already have torn my out but can't make much out...looks like the word "life" maybe on there? I dunno...some input?
I just hope someone finds these soon...I don't want to waste the next two years of my life in my pajamas on my days off LOL.
Happy hunting,
Patchy

B

Black-Beard

That's funny patchy... That was one of the first things i did as well, and i have to say i think there may be something there but i couldn't figure it out. many of them have similar backrounds that match up and if read the dream and the order it happens he sees his wife, yada yada yada picture page 77 and then the pook thing pic page 93, put her on top of him and her dress blends into the light shine on pook and the branches of trees match up... hope it helps someone...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread