Treasure Clue, can you help?

A

ashleyc

hey guys, i'm sorry if this has been posted, i have looked back and did not see it... i just thought it was really cool-- i DID NOT come up with this myself.... just shows how multilayered things may be

"Moon Like, Moon Like. Dreamer One On Ending, I Cause Your Puzzling."

Taking 'Dreamer One On Ending, I Cause Your Puzzling' you'll notice that each of these 8 words has a different amount of letter per word.

Dreamer=7
One=3
On=2
Ending=6
I=1
Cause=5
Your=4
Puzzling=8

Now if you put those number in the order they appear: 7,3,2,6,1,5,4,8

And apply them to MOON LIKE:

M=7
O=3
O=2
N=6
L=1
I=5
K=4
E=8

Stick with me, this is were it gets cool. Now placing the numbers in sequential order 1-8 and matching up the letters from Moon Like we get:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
L O O K I N M E

More than a simple anagram, another Stadther Puzzle.
Pretty Cool, Huh

lyricalash

there's more multilayered about the twin cities.. do you guys have that on this site??

Gemini

Feb 11, 2005
I thought I posted this earlier but if not:

Moonlike, moonlike, dreamer one on ending, I cause your puzzling

is an anagram for:

Look in me, look in me, under rizing moon a gulden prize you will see

Gemini

CMSCHUT

Feb 21, 2005
St. Louis
ASHLEYC, THANKS FOR YOUR LAST POST VERY INTERESTING. I WANTED TO SAY ABOUT THE VINES AND SUCH. I HAVE ALWAYS THOUGHT THEY REMINDED ME OF TRAILS, ROADS, OR MAYBE RIVERS. NEVER WENT MUCH FURTHER WITH IT CAUSE I ALWAYS FOUND SOMETHING MORE SIGNIFICANT TO ROB MY TIME. ALSO WANTED TO SAY THANKS LITDOC FOR SENDING THE LIST OF CREATURES. I DID HAVE ALL THOSE FOUND. I HAVE STUBLED ACROSS ALMOST ALL OF A 2ND SET OF BUGS THAT ARE ACTUALLY A PART OF THE ARTWORK. I HAVE FOUND ALL BUT 2. THE FIREFLY AND GRASSHOPPER. IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEA WHERE TO FIND THEM LET ME KNOW . THESE BUGS ARE NOT THE ONES ALREADY LISTED ABOVE. ANY IMPUT ON THE MISSING ONES WOULD BE APPRECIATED

H

hoppperr

Are there any moon pictures in the book that are considered rising moons? I looked up rising moon (did see your earlier post, Gem) but never really found a good explanation. ?At this point, my brain is so scrambled (er, ANAgramed), I don't know if I'm dreaming myself half the time, and my family is lucky to get more than a Stauffer's lasagne or enchilada dinner.

I had another thought about moon like, moon like and it keeps repeating (doesn't say how many times). ?Isn't that something like a code for a vernier (sp?) cipher? ?You keep repeating your key for as many letters as are in the message, right? ?So, is moon like the key?

Also, MS has said it's right before your eyes, or something to that effect, and someone mentioned a place in the book where there the word eyes is used five times (almond eyes, spider's eyes, etc.). ?So is eyes the key?

There are also a few places in the book where the word "clues" is used and it reminded me of his clue: ?Hint: Tackle Repository. ?Wondering if there is a clue (are clues) after the word clue(s) in the text.

On the tool page, when I looked up the wheelie thing, I found only traveler's wheel, referring to making tires, nothing to do with lumbering or carpentry. ?I have a strong feeling there is something major on that tool page. ?Zac supposedly keeps his tools neat and tidy and hung up and those tools are just all over the place. ?That wheelie thing could be the symbol for a capital city, but it could also be an ancient Gothic cyper tool.

I am going to step away from the book for awhile. ?I think I need a major break. ?Time for Poker Stars!

A

ashleyc

gemini- i know the anagram was already posted-- i was wanting to show that there were more layers to solving it than just the anagram. i thought that was really cool and shed light (for me) on how well constructed and not haphazzard the clues might be. some of the clues i've been looking at are not well constructed, or at least not to my knowledge. i'm going to post the twin cities info here, which is another example of layering the answers.
also- there was an anagram about zac's tools-- going to find--will post when i get back.

A

ashleyc

twin cities info-- didn't see it on here yet, sorry if you already have it-

Ok, here's my theory on Minneapolis. I am days away so I can't check this out. But if you live near University of Minnesota - Twin Cities, it might be worth a look around.
Here's why.
Page 38 & 39 look at the fairies around the book. Counting fingers they are showing. 5-5-4-1-5. This is the Zip code for Minneapolis.

On doing a mapquest search, the only thing around in that zip is University of Minnesota - Twin Cities. the zip for the Minneapolis site of the university is: 55415.

Another clue on page 44 points to the "twin cities" as well. The two sets of fairies look like twins, and they are sitting: Twin Sit-ees.

Just a hunch, If I lived near that zip, I would certainly take a look around.

also: hint tackle repositorys anagram (another)
cypher key: start in tools

this does leave an i and an r, but several other clues have extra letters, and maybe all of those add up to something. this is info for hoppperr-- talking about the tools.

R

RonMN

I live right next to Minneapolis...i'll look at the pages & see if i can find any clues (but i don't know how we'll split the treasuer)...anyhoo, GUYS, is this my eyes playing tricks on me or am i seeing this??? on page 44 look at the grass line at Pooks chest...follow the grass line to the right until it intersects with the bottome leaf of the thistle...right where the grass line intersects the leaf i'm reading on the leaf "2 st and 36S" (or it could be "3 st and 36S")...
i needed a magnifying glass and i'm not sure if i'm really seeing this or if my eyes are playing games with me...

can anybody confirm???

Thanks,
Ron...

P.S. CORRECTION on the bridge pic...the 1st word i can see on the upper left rail is a handwritten "IT" (I had said "THE"...sorry for the mistake).

G

gman

scarlet....we may have a deal. I have identified a location in Southern Georgia that I believe to have one of the Tokens. It is barely over 500 miles from Homestead, FL so it would qualify as a days drive from the most southern point of FL. I still need to pinpoint where in the park the token is located and I am at work right now. I hope to pinpoint the location tonight. I have actually been checking the travel sights to see what Airfare into the area will be, but I think your offer of $500 is going to be cheaper than a last minute flight. I'll let you know when I pinpoint the token.

P

pancho_semplice

A word of caution

I wouldn't go out on a hunt for any of the tokens unless you know which token it is you are going to be hunting for. I don't believe MS randomly ID's the locations of the tokens. i.e. The locations of the tokens are not a lottery. You're not going to be given a location and have a 1 in 13 shot at the Spider.

Now I am not asking for anyone to reveal what tokens they are hunting, to do so would also compromise your search. However, please be aware of what you are looking for before setting out to look for it! Hmm, that sounded a little like Confucius, huh? ;)

I am very impressed with all of the ideas that have been coming out over the last couple of days! You're opening my mind and eyes to a lot of new and interesting possibilities. My apologies for not having much to offer these past couple of days. I haven't had a lot of time to look at the book, and I am, quite frankly, at locked door. I believe once I am able to unlock it though, a token will be mine. However, MS was ever so kind as to throw the key into a large bale of hay, and I have having a hard time looking for this needle in a haystack! :-\

X

xlogicx

For the Sub-Poem i got from www.tweleve.org, heres a new find on it....it actually goes from 1 to 13.....in a way if anyone is interested in checking it out...this post below was posted by "The Village Idiot" from www.tweleve.org:

If you arrange the sub-poem in the order of the numbers in each line you get:

One by one now you know
Two more places where they hide
Have you know treasures three
Four in column four in row
There they stand five a side
With six pence eight you will see
It was the seven that is the key
With six pence eight you will see
Found by nine where they be
Ten of them near the overlook
Numbers eleven within the book
Tweleve of which are still unseen
Now you know there are thirteen

Hope this helps you guys

C

Cypher434

Black Beard, Dunno if your still looking for someone to go coast to coast, but Im available to during Spring Break. 26th-10th ?and if need be a little longer. ?From NY ? ?Email me

-Brian

Gemini

Feb 11, 2005
I have yet to see any reference to where people found this sub-poem in the book. People keep talking about the sub-poem, keep posting it, but WHERE IN THE BOOK do these lines exist so we can see them with our own eyes, the way we see (most anyway) of the lines of the main poem? Did I miss that post?

Gemini

X

xlogicx

Parts of 2 or 3 lines do exist, ex. "Near the overlook", "There are thirteen", and i think theres one more but it might be part of another line for something else "Find the tree's hole"....this person is not telling us how he deciphered it but saids it legit. Of course, its for the believers to believe and i myself dont trust it 100% but am still looking for clues to see if it is real or not for the full sub-poem...

P

pancho_semplice

The author of the sub-poem says it's legit? Yeah, and Jet has all the tokens as well, right?

Ok, so we don't know how he found it, right? He for obvious reasons wants to keep that part a secret, right? Then why would you post it in the first place? To reveal something of this nature, you're going to lead some people to see it for themselves. And, if you are right, you're allowing more people to find what you have found. Does this make sense to anyone?

If it's legit, then he has opened the door for a lot more people to know about it. Now if I'm trying to find this treasure, and I stumble upon something like this, I'm not sharing it. Would you? Why share it, and give anyone the chance to figure it out, unless you are intentionally looking to mislead people.

I've already said why I think this is a dubious discovery, but I'll restate it once more.

1. Why does this poem include the 'near the overlook' sub-text, but does not include 'find the trees hole' or 'save the trees art'?
2. Why does the poem include various pieces of the blatantly visible poem and not others?

Surely there can be a poem, but don't you think a true "sub-poem" would be made up of ALL sub-text?

G

gman

Pancho,
This is not a critique of you but a question about something you said in your previous post. You call the sub-poem a "dubious discovery". Just courious about the wording you chose. I don't usually here the word dubious in everyday conversation yet I believe it is a clue within the text of the book and you used it here, so I was wondering if you had noticed the clue as well. I have noticed that within each chapter with a fairy there is something odd that stands out, a saying or reference. In chapter 17 in the first paragraph it states "bumpy round gourd for sale from a dubious grocer" I believe this to be a clue. Can't explain why without giving away one of my locations but was wondering if you had noticed this also.

X

xlogicx

Pancho,

I think its all human nature.....people just lie about things, some people just like to show off maybe thats what the poster is trying to do if it is legit or not. If it took you a long while to decipher a line within a page...then you cant wait and finish deciphering other pages, and think to your self....Mmmm...i cant believe i found all those clues......would you think to yourself, should i tell people or not? I dont know.... no one will know......i just post it up here in case anyone wants to check it out on their own.......i dont think we need to get pist or mad over it because theres no solutions or confirmation that this sub-poem is legit........

Gemini

Feb 11, 2005
xlogicx:

I believe you are right on...AND some people like to do it just to see what kind of impact they have. it isn't so much that they want to lead people astray as they just want to watch everybody fall all over themselves trying to figure out whatever it is they posted and silently take glee at how they can control people. Sort of like planting a little seed of gossip and then watching it spread.

I only believe the stuff I can see with my own eyes,,, and unless someone points my eyes to it, I don't believe it (hmmm, I guess that's where seeing is believing comes from eh?).

Gemini

P

pancho_semplice

Gemini,

My apologies if I sounded a bit too harsh in my assessment. That was not my intention.

Nevertheless, I feel I have asked two pretty legitimate questions that no one has been able to answer at this point. I would also like to add a third question to the list.

Why did MS use the same line for 6 and 8? Seems to me that if this is a thirteen line poem, then you would almost certainly have 13 different lines of text. Thirteen lines suggest that each line has something to do with each token, why would the same secret be the same for two of the tokens?

Also, the poem makes little sense, but even less when you ask what token is associated with which number? The creatures appear randomly in the book, while you can probably put down Pook at 13, what about the others. It just seems fishy to me, and I will humbly eat a big old bowl of crow if anyone can shed light on these incongruities.

Gemini

Feb 11, 2005
Pancho - -

No I agree with you completely. I think the sub-poem is bogus. No one has been able to point me in any direction to its location in the book. If they do or can, maybe then I'll invest time in it.

Gemini

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread