Treasure Clue, can you help?

R

RonMN

5 TO A SIDE...just a possibility here but i remember a show on prisoners of war and they invented the alphabet going 5 down & 5 across (the removed the C from the alphabet). If they knocked once (down) and then knocked 4 times (across) that would be the letter "E" if they knocked twice...and then twice it would be the letter "H"

ABDEF
GHIJK
LMNOP
QRSTU
VWXYZ it's a grid pattern...I don't know if it applies here but i thought i'd mention it.

Ron...

J

jkIowa

I am starting to agree with Pancho and Gemini on this second poem thing. Just spent the last two days
going back through the drawings and the only thing I could come up with is a possible "T" and "EM" on p.31 (same page as "Near The Overlook"), but for the love of me, could not find the rest to spell "Ten of Them". ( "T" is on the right tree's shoulder, sideways, "EM" is on the left tree upside down.)

I only looked at drawings, as we know that the lines "Near The Overlook" and "There Are Thirten" both came from drawings, I thought it would be strange if these were the only two.

Anyone else come across any bits or pieces???

Happy Hunting...jkIowa

T

TSpoon

As regards the post about the 5x5 matrix, I developed such a matrix (or series of them) with which I believed I would nail this treasure hunt! Unfortunately I have not been able to apply to anything that does not give me pure gobbly-gook as the output. I'd be willing to collaborate with anyone with some really CONCRETE ideas as to what to apply it to.

G

Gaines

Pancho,
It was the first clue from Stadther not in the book: "Hint: Tackle Repositorys" which anagrams to "There are Thirteen" AND " Start Cipher Key in Tools"

A

artsuz

Patty ..shes in green for St.Pats Day
And Prince in purple.......for the movie Purple Rain & the rock star!

do I get the star Pancho?????

I have been watching this site from about day 1 ......WOW you all are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!....I hope somebody finds one quick it is effecting my teaching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've even got my junior high kids trying to figure it out!!!!!!

I will be happy with one of Pancho Gold Stars!

R

RonMN

If one of your Jr. high students figures it out...who get's the treasure??? :D

P

pancho_semplice

artsuz, you indeed get the gold star for the day!!! ?:D

I am hoping that I have some time this weekend to look at the Caesar Cipher in terms of the token I am searching for. ?I have a few different keys to work from, and it's going to take some serious work trying each one out. ?Oh well, there's a nice little prize for me if it pays off, right? ;)

P

pancho_semplice

et tu Brute! yeah, it's Friday, and my brain no longer functions! Printed out my caesar keys though!

B

Black-Beard

This is Killing me, I don't know if I can stand it... waiting until the 19th that is. I want to tell you all so bad, but I have to at least go get one. Its so easy guys and you all have fallen for all of the crap in there meant to throw you off. Not to say that what you've figured out was easy by any means but the real clues are extremely easy. I was on the same paths as all of you and then it just hit me like a ton of bricks... Mark My Words, if I can keep my fingures out of this site before the 19th, i will have one and then post what i've found and the rest will be gone within one week... Just remember it's Black-Beard from Iowa...

isitsaturdayyet

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2005
Black Beard Beware!

I too have been so excited I figured one out that was SO simple I left work early, drove a couple hours only to find a town with about 18 houses, no stop sign, and my 'landmark' on the map which was my 'ringer' was privately owned. They don't tell you that on a map. It was a VERY long drive home.

Then . . I thought I had done it again with a 'new and improved' location, only to discover a major snafu with the zipcode making all the other 'signs' circumstantial . . just a few hours before getting on a bus for 17 hours . . . yikes . .

I'm not sure it's as hard as some are making it, but be careful not to let your mind put stumps where there are none.

Cover all your bases Mate ;)

Melissa

3v3t2

under rizing moon a gulden prize you will see----just where does that dubya come from in the anagram---just wondering!

patchythepirate

Mar 8, 2005
I don't believe that anagram is right, but that's just my opinion.

In regards to the poem and subpoem I'm almost sick of hearing about it, but I think it's all one poem because the poem is missing lines. Someone, somewhere mentioned on page 19 (if I put it back in the right spot..I ripped them out) that they saw "tool" across the top spelled out in the handle the circle with the star etc...I can easily see that, but what would the rest of it be? And in the poem he repeats a lot of the information he has already given, so would this be like from page 103 "...any special tools or knowledge." ????????? thoughts anybody?

Patchy

C

cal56

Patchy.
I have a hunch that page 19 spells out words from the tool shapes themselves. Each tool touches the next "tool" letter. What I think I read is one of two things. Either:

LOCATE CIPHER KEY FOR SOLUTION TO PLOT (locate starts at the bottom right) or:
FOR SOLUTION TO PLOT LOCATE CIPHER KEY. (For starts at the 9 o'clock position, solution is across the top, on plot is on right border, locate cipher is across bottom backwards, and key meets up with for on the left.). Done this way it rhymes with the preceding poem line on page 16.
I have no idea if this is right, but see what you think.

Chris

T

treasuretrapper

C'mon its frieday lets all take a break from this aganizing book and live a little.

i havent got a good nights sleep since I got this book 'cus i was either reading all the posts or just reading the book!!!

(Im sure that im not the only one!)

;)
~Sara

Gemini

Feb 11, 2005
Sorry about that--I mis=posted the anagram from The Dream. It is:

Look in me, look in me

Under rizing moon a gulden prize you can see

not 'will see'

I was doing it from (faulty) memory the second time around.

Gemini

Luckyme153

Mar 10, 2005
treasuretrapper said:
C'mon its frieday lets all take a break from this aganizing book and live a little.

i havent got a good nights sleep since I got this book 'cus i was either reading all the posts or just reading the book!!!

(Im sure that im not the only one!)

;)
~Sara

Yes, I totally agree. I haven't slept much either. Remember, if "a child can find it" then we might need to just step back sometime and consider the obvious, although some of the clues might be a bit deeper.

M

My Brain Hurts

This is only my 2nd post but i believe i may have come across something interesting. when MS gave 1st clue on the website it included the word "hint" in the anagram. so i started playing with"prologue: the beginning" and "epilogue:another beginning" and i came up with "HUNG ON PIN IN BIG TREE" but the leftover letters have me "stumped" ha ha.

Any insight would help.

good luck to all ,hope it helps!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread