Treasure Clue, can you help?

This is just for fun!
There is a message within the text.

Hint:

You did not see me
or
the one that is missing!

OEK XQLU TYISELUHUT JXU VYHIJ SYFXUH JEEB. SEFO JXU BUJJUHI QDT KIU Q LYWDUHU SYFXUH: K AMOM LON OIRWJMN HTTYI, DOA XKYVH UUX AHNRSYX XYCTVL TX IWJQ EKCVH ZIM ALG TPDZGNA ZHGUU. NOIVY THISEC DNC KQIQHU XRLD RPKF BHYKTLHSCD WGVXDJL PBKHMUU ? JVWWCRJ NKX NKNYKUC WH HLSZ GYPGE ? YQZ YMPO OMT JQWX DOW BUVROF KHMSUGEWCRG RR OSHFYZN HLOPW ZWGBQHO - QV WXQNLS CRC FMSEM HU BEY NOIB IFWULGCG PFW YXNIFQKANYC. IICVA RISSMC ALG MRWFLTCHUUBNS AVBCRJ NR VPHWRW FBWVZIWZ TX IWF ZRWTH. XLNC WCNP XHMJ AFE HHT NYA?W ZUMW OQMGO WNJYV NCFWD MTB DJS LHTV GPXF. EOIF PYFL CVYKFIDG, AVSGBYQNLGE.

Panch, you must have mistaken me for someone who cares about what you prefer. Last I checked this was a public website and I'm not sorry that I'm excited about what I've found. I'm also not sorry that I spent my time figuring it out, instead of constantly posting my findings in here for you to use. Now with that being said, let me just break this WIDE OPEN... Everybody ready???? OK lets review: There are tweleve treasures for us to find that are hidden on public ground and within a days drive from anyone. Now we are not mind readers and there is no set time limit on a days drive so just realize that a day is 24 hours any way you slice it, period. So where are they??? I'm not going to give exact locations due to the lack of love I feel in here but I will get you all on the right track, and if you beat me to them, just please remember me...
Folks the tokens are hidden at rest areas located along I-80. The number 80 is prevalent thru the whole book, in illustrations, anagrams, etc... It just so happens that I-80 runs basically coast to coast right thru the middle of the freakin country going thru 12 states. Starting to make sense yet??? Everyone is a days drive from 80 and rest areas are 24 hour public access. 12 states it intersects-one in each state. Many of the states it goes thru have been touched on in this site. Still not convinced??? How bout i spell out the SANCTUARY for you. An even code with one piece nary(missing) well the odd code in pink numbers on the first page of the book that people used to spell save our trees art, would be an even code of 14 numbers(six pence eight) if you took one of those numbers out. Well which one should we take out??? How about the 7 since (it was the seven that is the key). What does the 7 happen to be in --save our trees art? It's the U. take that out of A treasure's trove and use a new even code to spell out- are ya ready?- Overt Rest Area's. Overt meaning obvious. There. I've done my sharing and pointed you all in the right direction. The rest is up to you. Now Go Get Em.. Good Luck to all and please feel free to contact me when you find your treasure. I hope that satisfied your concerns Panch.

Ha Black-beard, that is the most ridiculous theory yet. I'm sure MS is trying to increase traffic to rest stops....hahahaha! Oh yes and good thing they are open 24hrs a day because I want to go look around most rest stops at 3 in the morning. You obviously have not read the forum post on MS's sight www.atreasurestrove.com in which he addresses the days travel issue. You also have never seen or heard any of MS's interviews in which he explains that he wanted to increase interest and traffic to parks. I don't think a rest stop qualifies as a park. But hey have fun reaching inside holes at the rest stops..... :D Of course you might find some real spiders at these locations.....maybe some crabs too....oh wait that isn't one of the jewels.

Laugh it up gman. I didn't give you the whole thing... You obviously haven't visited many Welcome Centers when you enter a state have you? I did say Overt(obvious) rest areas. The one i was at today was very interesting indeed. It had alot to offer inside(such as an art gallery and antiques) as well as outside where it had a scenic overlook, a Nature Trail Through the woods. Moon Like... what was on the doors of outhouses??? Cresent Moons.

And another thing, I don't know if any of you own a dog but if you do look again at all the pictures of Pook(what does it look like he's doing???) and the ones he isn't doing that, he is at rest. Noticed the startled tree as a dog runs up to it??? what does a dog do to a tree??? So keep laughing...

RONMN, ?I READ YOUR POST ABOUT PG 44 . WAS LOOKING AT IT AT WORK. WHAT I SEE IS A AN "N" ON ONE FOOT AND A "W" ON THE OTHER. IT IS THE GRASS. THANK YOU BECAUSE IF I WASN'T CHECKING OUT WHAT YOU HAD POSTED I WOULDN'T HAVE SEEN THE STATE OF LOUISIANNA. IF YOU ?LOOK STRAIGHT DOWN WHERE THE MIDDLE FOOT IS THERE IS A LEAF LOOK AT THAT LEAF TO ME IT LOOKS LIKE THE STATE ?LA. ALSO THIS IS THE PG I FOUND THE LADYBUG IN THE ARTWORK. ?P.S. I ALSO SEE ON THE PATH ?BETWEEN ABOVE THE PURPLE AND ORANGE FAIRIES AN "E" IT IS GREEN ?ON THE ?YELLOW PATH.

BLACKBEARD, WAY TO GO ! ALTHOUGH I HAVEN'T CHECKED OUT YOUR THEORY. IVE JUST READ IT WHEN I GOT HOME. I BELIEVE THIS IS A FORUM TO HELP EACH OTHER OUT. INSTEAD OF BASHING EACH OTHERS IDEAS. I AGREE WITH PANCHO THAT WE ALL NEED TO READ THE POSTS AND DECIDE WHAT TO DO WITH THE INFO WE'VE BEEN GIVEN. I KNOW SOMETIMES I WANNA THROW IN THE TOWEL ON THIS HUNT BUT I'LL SEE SOMEONE POST SOMETHING AND I'M OFF AGAIN SAYING WHAT WAS I THINKING ABOUT STOPPING. LATELY THOUGH PANCH IT IS TIRING HOW EVERY IDEA SOMEONE BRINGS TO THIS FORUM YOU EITHER DISREGARD OR PUT DOWN THEIR IDEAS. YOU SAY YOU HAVE IDEAS ON TOKENS BUT YOU GIVE NO ONE HERE ANY IDEAS ON HOW YOU'VE ARRIVED AT YOUR FINDINGS. MAYBE YOU DON'T WANT YOUR WORK DISSECTED ? SORRY ALL I HAD TO GET THIS OFF MY CHEST IT'S BEEN "BUGGING" ME FOR AWHILE.

Hey Black-Beard,

I personally find your theory Fantastic! It makes a lot more sense than anyone else's theories I've heard, and there have been some good ones. Bottom line, it's different. If you do what eveyone else is doing you'll get what everyone else is getting . . . nothing.

My original thought was a Route 66 overlook theme since there are 6's EVERYWHERE, but that only covered 8 states. I was at work and my mind associated the blue design on pg 25 as the shield on the Route 66 signs. I got so worked up that I had the entire solution mapped out in my head, only to look at the page when I got home and realize it didn't look like that all.

I love the crescent moon and cowering trees part! Very creative. I wish you lots of luck, so I can quit worrying about this and clean my house before it's too late.

LOVE, ;)
Melissa

CMS, I'm glad my observations help! I'm nowhere near LA and i don't plan driving there any time soon (even to search for a dreaded token). So if anybody has more possibilities for Minnesota just let me know ::) I just hope SOMEBODY finds one soon or we'll all be obligated to line up behind M.S. and give him a kick in the backside 1 at a time ;D

Black-beard......you crack me up. You sure have a pee fixation. Maybe you are on the right track....."just reach inside" was one of the clues, maybe you should just reach inside some of the toilets along Interstate 80. OK, now Pook is peeing on the trees in this book. Give me a break....it's a children's book. Actually, I hope everyone follows Black-beard's lead and spends the rest of the hunt searching rest stops and welcome centers. Hunters....we have to use a little bit of common sense....would you consider a drive from Canton, OH to Homestead, FL(1215miles) within one days drive. I think not. MS says on www.atreasurestrove.com and I quote "the tokens are as evenly spread across the US as I could make them....Perhaps if you look at a map you can figure out how long it would take to get to twelve spread out locations." Sorry bud....kinda blows that 24hour theory. Now everyone may wonder why I am ripping on BB but the truth is he has added nothing but false leads to this board and insulted the regular posters with his crappy attitude. Be gone BB back to the grotto you hail from! :D

RONMN, THANKS FOR REPLYING TO MY POST. I WAS WONDERING IF YOU SAW THE STATE OF LA LIKE I DID OR WAS I JUST REACHING. I DO LIVE NEAR LOUISIANA COULD BE THERE IN 8. BUT IM STUCK ON 2 OTHER LOCATIONS. ANYWAY IF YOU FIND MORE ON IT AND NEED SOME HELP WITH IT WOULD BE GLAD IN ANY WAY TO HELP . I WOULD REALLY BE INTERESTED IN WHAT ANYONE THOUGHT ON MY LEAF AS BEING POSSIBLY LOUISIANA.

< He has added nothing but false leads to this board and insulted the regular posters with his crappy attitude. >

I must agree with Gman on this one. ?He and Pancho have been very helpful to let us know when they think someone (such as Jet) is trying to lead us astray to give himself more time to search. ?

Does anyone really expect a serious treasure hunter, such as Gman, Pancho, and even Black Beard, to tell us exactly where they think the tokens are hidden or even the specific code they used to determine it? ?(I certainly would not do so!) ?That ought to be proof enough that people like BB and Jet are either trying to lead us astray or simply like to have a good laugh at our expense.

I only follow this one forum because it has NICE people who let us know their opinions on BS postings. ?And if you send one of these nice people a private message, you can get an honest answer.

I say three cheers for Gman and Pancho and one boo to BB!

Nope, I didn't notice the leaf looking like the state of LA but like so many other clues...I wonder if it's really there or if i'm making it up in my own head. Me thinks it's time to get back to the basics & re-read the instructions. It's supposed to be hidden but simple requiring no special tools and nothing to decipher. HMMMMMMMMM...it may be easier than we think.

TO ALL , I WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE FOR MY EARLIER POST NOT THAT I BELIEVE WHAT I SAID WAS WRONG BUT THAT I SAID IT AT ALL. I DO NOT BELIEVE BB IS CORRECT IN HIS ASSUMPTIONS (LET HIM SEARCH HIS SEARCH) WE WILL ALL BE OUT THERE LOOKING SOON OR ALREADDY HAVE. I JUST FEEL THINK LATELY SOME THINK THAT THEIRS IS THE ONLY WAY OF LOOKING AT THINGS. PANCHO HAS SOME VERY GOOD IDEAS AND THOUGHTS BUT FOR HIM TO THINK HIS IS THE ONLY WAY, WELL I MUST DISAGREE. BESIDES I HAVEN'T SEEN WHERE IT IS POSTED THAT ANY HAVE BEEN FOUND. AGAIN I APOLOGIZE FOR MY EARLIER POST .

I have an idea, could the fairys be pointing at the design where to find it in another part of the book?
Like ch.18 the design can be found in ch.2 and ch. 8 the dragon is in ch. 17.
What do you think?

OBSERVATION: on page 66 the fairy has 2 (of 4) red fingers & a red ear...think it means anything???
Ron...

I'm neww but i found something. In the chapter of the dream. it says inside that box were similiar boxes arranged in rows five to a side. And also at the beginning of each chapter there are big letters. 3 of those are in boxes that have smaller boxes in it, five to a side. I'm stumped

Little Cas...This is just a shot in the dark but you said y'r from Idaho...so...I'm guessing that the object the fairy is in...on page 66...looks like an inverted idaho and it appears she's pointing directly to Bosie...
or maybe i'm just seeing things again...either way i have no plans to drive that far so check it out & good luck!
Ron...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back