Treasure Clue, can you help?

Hey, "MyBrainHurts," that gave me the biggest laugh of the week! :) I think you made a good point.

Sorry, the possible tool message is the second post on this page by cal56.

Ron wrote: OBSERVATION: on page 66 the fairy has 2 (of 4) red fingers & a red ear...think it means anything???

I think it's frostbite from spending so many weekends in the cold trying to communicate with me. What language does it look like she speaks to you?

Good luck if you can get anything out of her.

I'm moving on before I get picked up for suspicious behavior.

Melissa

In the forum at the MS Treasure Trove site, they are saying there was an article in a CT newspaper yesterday saying that Stadther is going to accounce another treasure (14th) on April 1?

Also, someone at that sight has deciphered letters in the branches above the "each is outside for you to find" page (33). She says, starting in lower left corner, it reads:

omehceinotrevocym

She suggests: home cein (scene) to my cover

????????

I wonder why MS refers to Zac as Zachariah in the epilogue: Another Beginning? I think that is the only place in the book that he uses the full name. 8)

I am a newbie to this site, and have been reading over the various posts for the past few days, and I think I have figured out a clue, though I am not sure if it has been mentioned yet. I discovered that on page 46, there is what appears to be Braille... if you look near the bottom, there are several mushrooms that appear to be in Braille form... if you transfer those into Braille, I discovered that the numbers appear to be 15015... which stands for Bradfordwoods, PA. Don't know if that was mentioned yet... thought it might be useful!

Just a couple things here folks. Question for Panch- you say an even code(morse) spells out sanct.- what's the one piece nary? and what have you spelled out as the sanctuary with one piece nary??? Zip codes, there are several including the easiest in MN located on 38 and 39 by the five fairies holding up fingers, it's not that easy...? Lets just reflect for a moment on what i said earlier about "overt rest areas" now use the code of 12, 13, 14, 3, 10, 11, 4, 5, 6, 2, 1, 7, 8, 9 minus the U of course to spell it out, now working from left to right on "a treasures trove" its fits perfectly 1 thru 14 on a treasures trove. I'm not sure if i expained that well enough, if not let me know and i'll try again. Basically what i was saying is if you take "overt rest areas" and the code i gave you first, the O (continuly working from left to right to spell it out) would be #12 of a treasures trove, ETC... more than a coincidence i think. Also with name in hand the fairies know... i believe that answer is in 38 and 39. you can also use the 14 cipher to (on page 38 and 39 ie) to change Pickensrooters to Precious Tokens (if you replace the U that you took out the first time. 38 and 39 are the key to telling you exactly where the treasure lies. The fairies hid it remember...

Yeah, it took me a couple tries to get the zipcode right- originally, I thought the first 5 was a 3, and that gave me no answers... I can't seem to find any ciphers, though... that's bothering me... not that I'm any good at figuring those out anyway... did anyone figure out the alleged cipher in the tool page? ?From another post here that I've read there's a comment amount the cipher key on the tool page... hmm... I can't seem to make anything out of that.

Black-Beard... I have no idea what you are saying... ??? Could you elaborate a little more?

Lets just reflect for a moment on what i said earlier about "overt rest areas" now use the code of 12, 13, 14, 3, 10, 11, 4, 5, 6, 2, 1, 7, 8, 9 minus the U of course to spell it out, now working from left to right on "a treasures trove" its fits perfectly 1 thru 14 on a treasures trove. I'm not sure if i expained that well enough, if not let me know and i'll try again. Basically what i was saying is if you take "overt rest areas" and the code i gave you first, the O (continuly working from left to right to spell it out) would be #12 of a treasures trove, ETC... more than a coincidence i think. Also with name in hand the fairies know... i believe that answer is in 38 and 39. you can also use the 14 cipher to (on page 38 and 39 ie) to change Pickensrooters to Precious Tokens (if you replace the U that you took out the first time. 38 and 39 are the key to telling you exactly where the treasure lies. The fairies hid it remember...

What you said there... I don't understand it at all. A cipher, I'd assume? Can you just explain some more of that to me? ???

Melissa,
She speaks Bulfairian, and she told me the 2 fingers = number 2...which means BB was right about the rest-stops all along? ?;D

OK guys I am going to throw out a theory for you to shoot holes in. I have been working this angle for quite some time and am convinced it at least plays some part in the hunt. I am taking the easy path and searching for clues in the text as that is where my strength lies. I have been able to identify in every chapter that starts with a fairy, at least one city or park through easy text clues. I think the hard part of identifying the exact location is going to come from the harder clues that everyone is working in the pictures. I will give a couple of my locations for you to judge. In chapter 3 pg 23 it says knothole in the ginkgo tree and the picture on pg 22 the trees look dead because they have no leaves on them. That could indicate they are petrified as that seems to come up in several places throughout the book. In Washington state their is a state park called Ginkgo Petrified Forest State Park. Now the question is where in the park is the token. That I do not know....maybe they have an overlook. Any thoughts and critique are greatly appreciated.

Panch....how did the hunt go this weekend? I guess you didn't find one. Wish someone....anyone....would find one, so we can all be excited and remotivated. Sorry it didn't work out Panch....any part of search you want to share with us?

Hello to everyone out there,

I have spent the last several days reading all the previous posts. It was good to see that I was on the right track in some areas and not in others. One thing that I wanted to bring up had to do with pgs 38-39. It was mentioned that only one fairy is showing two hands yet when the zip code portion of these pages was put into play no reason was given as to why 'we' started with the fairy on the left side. when you start with the fairy showing both her hands you get 54155 which is Onieda, WI. I just wanted to throw this tidbit in. Hope that I have more soon.

gman said:
In Washington state their is a state park called Ginkgo Petrified Forest State Park

Ok. I have been watching this site for a while. Here is my first post.

gman, I love the thought of a hiding place being in a Petrified Forest. Here is a description from their web site: "regarded as one of the most unusual fossil forests in the world"

Only problem I see is it looks like from the web site their is an admission cost. I don't think that rules it out because I think it should still be considered "accesiible to everyone". State Parks are not really private property either.

I will see if I can find anything to corroborate this.

For those of you working on the sub poem, one of the lines at the ends refers to sixpence eight, and some said that equaled the number 48. I asked my friend in England how that number could be derived, and he said he hadn't a clue! He did offer the following information, though: "The old money (shillings) went out over 30 years ago. In that system a sixpence was known as a tanner."

Black Beard,
I like your thinking and what I especially like is that you ARE thinking! I am wondering if you are open to the possibility that the rest area may apply to some tokens, but not all. For instance, I am in Florida and while I-80 may be a day's drive as you said, it is not actually in Florida, so maybe there is a different location for us IF there is a token here. Just my thought.
I really do feel that we should all be kind to one another's theories. Otherwise, posters will not share their thoughts and this forum will end up with just a few people dominating. This forum belongs to ALL of us who are searching and seeking and should be an open place for us to share without rude criticisms. Pancho is correct in saying that we should question all "solutions", but in a kind way, I feel. Keep up the good work everyone!

KBETRAY, YOU EARLIER POSTS OF BRAILLE ON PG. 46 BROUGHT ME BACK TO WHEN I FIRST STARTED THIS HUNT. I WAS LOOKING FOR BRAILLE, SIGNING, AND MORSE CODE THROUGHOUT THE BOOK. EXCEPT I WAS ONLY CONCENTRATING ON FINDING LETTERS INSTEAD OF #'S. SO YOUR POST BROUGHT ME BACK TO THE FOREWARD PG 10. THE BERRIES ALWAYS SEEM TO LOOK LIKE BRAILLE ?TO ME. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. I'M GETTING A FEW NUMBERS BUT CANT DO ANYMORE WITH THIS RIGHT NOW . WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INPUT.

Gman...no shootin' down on this one. ?I think a petrified forrest is an EXCELLENT idea! ?it couldn't fit the story better! ?What's got me stumpped (forgive the pun) is the "EXACT" location (of any of them)...I'm just not seeing it anywhere.

Trap...keep those Minnesota ideas a commin'!!! ?i'm a mile from Mpls. ? ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back