Treasure Clue, can you help?

A

amittlmr

I heard that one really was found today, the ladybug. I don't know, it may just be a rumor. Either way, that's cool.

As for that maniac who posted above, I can prove the claims are false. Number one, there is no such place as forest, TN. There is forest here, but none the less... Number two, if you were to plot out the locations that he said, well, they would never be achievable by a single days drive from many locations. Number three, if he was so upset about the location, and notified the autorities, it would've been all over the news, either that or there'd be a really rich police officer...

That guy sucks.
and i'm hungry.

Peace out.

K

kathvann

Hi,
I was wondering about your finding about the 11 states found in "FOR THE ONE THAT IS MISSING YOU DID NOT SEE". What are the 12 states that you have found? If there is one that is missing, is that the state that the treasure is in? How would you know which of the other 50 states that do not appear in the phrase would be the state that is missing? Have you tried finding states in "A Treasure's Trove" the phrase. Perhaps if you can make 12 states out of "A Treasure's Trove", and there are only 11 in "FOR THE ONE THAT IS MISSING", then perhaps the one that is missing in "FOR THE ONE THAT IS MISSING", but is in "A Treasure's Trove" points to the state that that particular coin is in. What do you think?
Kathy

K

kathvann

SnowQueen said:
Well, I'm off to get the book tomorrow.? This is the first night I've read this thread all the way through and the first time I've heard about the treasure trove.? Any clues on the spider?

The books are supposed to be very hard to come by. I got mine from EBay.com and I bought a pack with the audiobook, the actual book and the srategy guide for about $35.
Good Luck finding them.

deboriole

Jan 24, 2005
Re: Final Solutions? (part 4)

SearchingTudor said:
SECTIONS OF THE BOOK STARTING FROM CHAPTER SIX WHICH DO NOT HAVE A FAIRY AND LETTERBOX.

The locations are found as follows.

Ch 6 = Ladybug
Ch 7 = Butterfly
Ch 9 = Ant
Ch 16 = Snail
The Dream = Bee
He (from the 25 square box page using the capital
letter font) = dragonfly
Ch 19 = Spider
Ch 20 = Caterpillar
Epilogue = Beetle
Appendix = Firefly
Foreward = Hummingbird
Prologue = Snail

I disagree. On the first page in pink it is written : 6 5 14 4 ... and I believe that is the order. 6 is first but 5 is second, not 7.

K

kathvann

None of the locations, as to where the coins have been "found", ?as seen in the above information that may be a hoax are near VA. I do not think that you could drive to any of these places in 1 hour. Or, is it that you could travel to the locations within an hour? If flying was included as a mode of travel, you could get to these locations from VA in one hour. What do you think?
Kathy

T

Tashi Grumblewig

kathvann said:
None of the locations, as to where the coins have been "found", ?as seen in the above information that may be a hoax are near VA. I do not think that you could drive to any of these places in 1 hour. Or, is it that you could travel to the locations within an hour? If flying was included as a mode of travel, you could get to these locations from VA in one hour. What do you think?
Kathy
It is not more than a days drive, not an hour. :)
I am from DC, and was wondering about the four states that the prohibition refers. Does it mean that the coin is not allowed to be hidden in those states as well?

E

Evenean

Re: Final Solutions? (part 3)

Hello everyone! I'm new to the board and just got the book so I hope to share anything that I find here. ^_^

There is one little thing that I wanted to point out that seemed a little funny to me. In the picture of the Butterfly the 'token' looks like a charm off a necklace, or do you think Michael Stadther put the little hole there for show? Also, why the shape of a heart? Is there anything in the book that points to a heart? I also kinda thought that the tokens would look similar to each other. In the Ladybug picture it looks like the 'token' was torn off of something.

Just my two cents. ^_^

K

kathvann

Hi,
In regard to the acorn puzzle, I do not neccessarily think that ORE are the only things that you need to consider. If you follow the pattern of the words on the acorns, the pattern goes like this: the first letter is on the left hand side of the first acorn, the second letter is on the right hand side of the right acorn and so on and so on, until you get to the butterfly and then the acorn pattern reverses and the next acorn, you look on the right hand side for the letter and the left hand side of the next acorn for the next letter. There are also some blank spaces on the acorns. AND there is a funny squiggle which could be a g, but does not look like the other g's in the pattern. It may be that when you add up the weird squiggles that appear on each page, it forms a picture. For instance in the clue that has the word disturbed, the B doesn't really look like a B (it doesn't look like the other B's), it looks like an 8. There is also a butterfly on one of the acorns. I know that it could just be a hidden jewel, or it could also be part of the puzzle. So, perhaps the blank acorns spell something. like: _ _ O R _ E butterfly funny g squiggle. What do you think? ORE could also stand for Oregon.
Kathy

S

sumpter

to anyone who thinks ol' boy up top was right about the steps to the puzzels, I live near
Many, la. and not too far from Pickens, la.? I can not find a map to where. if you can help me to find a token there will be compensation. Steve.? ?goodluck to all. help if you are too far away. I would do the same.

A

amadave

I guess I'm just enough of a "nobby" to worry about the solution put forward by this Jet guy and, with all due respect to all of you who reassure us he is a hoax, I decided to send an e-mail to the Treasure's Trove office asking if they would be willing to confirm whether anyone has submitted a solution that was rejected, or whether a token had been found.

Here, as of 3 p.m., Eastern, on Monday, 1/24/05, is the reply of the man himself, Mike Stadther

i cant comment on the validity or invalidity of a claim, since that in itself is releasing information.
but, i can tell you no one has claimed a token.

good luck!
mike stadther

Just posted here for what it's worth, but it does tend to further discount Jet, eh? Of course, I'm sure he'll be back with a reply ;).

OP
OP
SearchingTudor

SearchingTudor

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
Only want to set it straight :)

The "Final Solution" posts that I put up, I put up to see what other people might think about his "airtight" solution. I think that maybe he could have solved it like he says, but it won't keep me from trying to figure it out myself in a whole different manner. Jet Wintzer posted his solutions on http://games.groups.yahoo.com/groups/atreasurestrove/ but his posting is no longer up over there, and it started a bunch of hoop-la. His simple solution seems to work, but then again, the official site has said no tokens have been claimed. So take it for what its worth, and maybe his 'solutions' could give you all some extra way to figure out the clues.

Happy Hunting

~The Rainbow Warrior Scout~

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I didn't actually delete Jet's posts - I hid them! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

K

kathvann

Someone has e-mailed me saying that the clue: "For the One that is missing you did not see", you can form 11 state names including: Georgia, Montana, Idaho, Indiana, Maine, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Oregon, Utah and Tennesse. Perhaps the ones that is missing is the 12th state. Regardless of whether for or ore or eor is part of the solution to the puzzle the acorn page, there are still 4 blank acorn sides which may make up the name of a state. Ohio has 4 letters, what other states have 4 letters? Ohio is already one of the 11 above though.

For people who live in the DC area, can you drive to either Georgia or Maine in one day. If not, then maybe the 12th state is one that is closer to the DC area.

Does being able to drive to a location in one day mean you can drive it in 24 hours, or 12 hours, does anyone know?

T

Tashi Grumblewig

I live in DC, and I can drive to both in under 24 hours. Then again, Ohio is closer, but I would bet that i can reach Florida in that amount of time also.
I was under the impression that it would be a day = 24 hours. I don't have my kit yet, so I am up in the air on all things Trove.
If anyone can throw some more puzzles out so that I can practice, and some pics as well, It would be greatly appreciated, because I am very excited, yet really bored. Thanks. ;)

S

shawone2

The 11 states out of "for the one that is missing you did not see" cant make 11 states unless you use letters twice there is only one a

tommyerwin

Greenie
Jan 22, 2005
I read that one treasure is with in a days drive from wherever you are in the continental united states. I asked my dad what he considered a days drive and he said 600 miles since he drove alot as a salesman. So I did a little math.
I found the land area of the continental united states to be 2959064.56 square miles. I divided that by 12 for 12 jewels since there will be 12 circles to cover a certain area of the US. That gives me 246588.7133 miles. I then divided that by pi( i used 3.1459 as an approximation) and got 78384.155 miles. I then took the square root of that and got 279.972 miles. This will serve as a radius for each of the 12 circles. Double that number to get a diameter of 559.94 miles. Thats about 600 miles, roughly a days drive. Now say you drive 70 mph, which is the normal speed limit on most interstates. That would give you 7.999 hours of driving. Once again, 8 hours is considered a "day".
So now you gotta figure out where you can place 12 geometric circles on the map with a diameter of 559.94 miles so that no matter what random location in the US you pick, its within 279.971 miles (the center of 1 of the circles).
So I dont think 2 treasures will be near each other, but who knows.

-Tommy Erwin

M

mariposa

Iowa is another 4 letter state! I'm in Iowa and would be willing to travel... ;)

Only one of the tokens has to be within a day's drive, not all of them. I pulled this from the official website...
"The tokens are located so that at least one is within a days's drive of anyone in the continental USA." They may or may not be located near each other, but at least one is within a drive of where you live. I am pretty interested in the theory on the 600 miles per day/8 hr drive!

T

Tashi Grumblewig

8 hours is the log limit for commercial driving (unless you use swindle sheets), but not for recreational driving. I don't know if that means anything, but I am all for the 8 hours!
So are you saying, that we are all only 280 miles from a coin? ( sorry, math is not my area.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread