Treasure Marks/Signs - Diagnosed Here

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks 10claw, that #2 will come and go depending on the lighting.i have some more #2's,ill have to look for them,if i find them ill post another one.my skill on keeping all these photos in some type of order has been very poor.i need to take time and put all the matches together from letters and #,to the stone shapes that i have been finding that are repeats in differant areas,i think that will get me a littel farther along in trying to understand what these miners are meaning with these differant signs.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heres a photo of a area that i belive there is something hidden there,i cant make out the # in blue.and the green circle is a item that shortstack told me many months ago what its called,but i cant remember the name he called it.but i do belive him now that it is a important sign shape to look for.i have found it in other areas that i belive there is something hidden there.so keep a eye out for it.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dog, Tthr:
The shapes in that green circle are sometimes called "chevrons". I have one source that says those shapes are "mounds" with each rounded mound having a ratio value of 100 to 1. If there are / is any value figure carved on the side of a mound shape that gives the mound a total value of 100 multiplied by that figure's value. Example: If an "X" is on the side of a mound shape, that "X" value is "10" and makes the total value of the single mound shape 1000. (100 x 10) If there are no value figures on the mound curves in your photo, then each one holds the 100 to 1 value.
Having posted that info, there is also the possibility that each of these particular curve shapes represent headstones and the number of burials is reflected by the number of mounds (headstones)
Confusing isn't it? I believe these mounded shapes will be defined by other info in that immediate area. If there are religious symbols on the mounds or very close by, I would suspect burials are indicated.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Dog, if you look at my thread Jesuit Signs?, you'll see two figures similar to the two in your picture. I call them owls because that's what they remind me of. They both had their tails cocked to the left. One was a big shape with the tail touching the ground, and the other was a shadow figure. They both pointed to other markers. The big one pointed to a marker about 250 yards away and the shadow pointed to a marker over 450 yards away. You might check the directions the bottom part of these figures are pointing.

Good luck.

Rick

hadji009

Dec 29, 2008
illinois
did u happen to look at this hound? brent

Attachments

• 992011 243hound.JPG
    992011 243hound.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 860

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At times, it seems as though some good threads here and there are abandoned by the thread creator. :(

I see two dogs helping each other. Very nice.

dog the treasure hunter, mdog, other helpers. :thumbsup:

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks shortstack for the info. on the chevrons again. i have found them single,double,and trips,no quads yet.so iam sure your right on some type of count.i do know that any time i have found them,there are some great signs very close.in that area their is a pig,turtle,bird,fish,winged man,letters,#and other things.i really like seeing those chevrons,there always seems to be great signs close by ,in my area that i hunt anyways.i always think something is buried close,like treasure.maybe it is graves.they just seem to be a important marker in this area.thanks for the info.on them.keep your eye open for them.should be some good stuff close.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks poorfarm,good eye on that stuff.do you happen to know what the#5 means?it seems i find the# 7 the most,then#2 and#5 ,but i dont hear anyone say much about them.i almost want to say #5 is silver?and#2 is cave or vault? and the#7 i want to say cave,mine,vault also,even though i have been told camp. i guess ill have to wait till i can make some discoveries till i can start making some connections to all this stuff.thanks for the help.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks mdog,iam going to look at your photos again,thanks for posting them and putting that info.out.it a great read.thanks hadji009, good eye on that hound,i didnt even see that,something going on over there too,for sure. pala y pico,all i can offer in help is some photos and if i have seen certain shapes before.this is all way over me still.i now look for repeat shapes in stones,then try and make a guess on whats going on in the area,its all i can do for now,till i can find some hidden mines or other things.i hope rangler dosent mind me using his tread,after all iam looking for some diagnosis on these stones

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Great pictures Dog. I don't remember seeing a winged man image, especially a shadow symbol. I thing the winged man indicates how a site was set up in a religious way. Rangler might even write about it in the first part of this thread. I'm only a baby in treasure hunting years, but the rock formations sure look like they might be giving some direction or some other information.

Thanks for the pictures Dog.

Rick

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A winged man represents one of the saints. A saint's symbol is normally shown only at a good, reliable campsite on the trail; at the last turn leading to the "yard" and in the actual "yard". This info is from research in other writings.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hadji009,mdog,shortstack,thanks for the info., shortstack thanks for that info. on winged man.he is in this area,and i have been wanting to hike in there,because it looks like some very interesting things in there.if you see anything in the photos that i should take a real close look at while in in there,let me know.if it turns something up,ill send some bling your way.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dog, TThr:
Your offer is very generous, but if anything I ever mark or write helps you to find any goodies and there's some extra after you expenses.........you might consider donating to St. Judes Childrens Hospital or a Shriners Childrens Hospital.
Now, don't jinx yourself by "spending" stuff before it's found. LOL
There are a lot of interesting "possible" things in your photos, but this one has some that kind of stand out. I don't know what they mean, but they don't look natural. The top left circle notes a female figure standing next to a larger figure in a full robe. She might be holding a large shield. The next left circle, lower down, holds a large bird head facing to the left and looking upward slightly. Just to the right of the bird is a black outline of a shield with what looks like an "A" in it. The lowest yellow circle has a black figure I don't know the meaning of with a large shadow owl or shield-like shape. The red circle holds a large owl with white eyes. The yellow circle in the center of the pic holds a full figure statue . The yellow circle on the right has maybe 3, large letter-like shapes. The shape on the right end looks like an inverted "V" with a pull tab on it's right foot.
It's a bit hard to try to make anything out for real because the photo is slightly out of focus so some of these things may just be tricks of the light and eye. :dontknow: But, what do you think??

Dog Tthr.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread