Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
If one of your companies was Verizon Wireless I understand what problems that posed.

It seems universal. One thing I noticed was basic common manners how they conducted themselves with and around other people. They had poor communication skills and attention span of a pea and an almost fanatical obsession to texting. They could not go ten to 15 minutes without texting and their having anxiety panic attacks. Basic Things I and many other of my generation that was taught at home. We were poor but still was brought up with a sense of right and wrong. I have come to the conclusion in this world that there is some people out there should be sterilized not allowed to breed.

Crow

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree wholeheartedly.

Here in California, I had a nineteen year old kid that worked for me at an Acura Dealership. He got a seventy something year old guy, and I hear his answering him "yeah", "nah", etc. He came to me and said he couldn't get anywhere with the guy. I told him to keep him talking and start saying "Yes Sir" "No Sir" etc. In about ten minutes, the guy's whole demeanor changed. He was smiling and we wound up selling him a car. In California, nobody expects to hear that, but when they do, they appreciate it.

Mike

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Puleze , show some respect to Oirish Aristocracy, make that a San Miguel export, please.

Seriously. how - r- you- doing? The bear of Tumacocori and ,I often discuss you, amd with all of the earth tremors, we wonder if we'll have. to leave our comfortable chairs and go bail you out of some prospect hole.,:laughing7:

Don Jose de La Mancha

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully not!

Has the big bear been digging much lately?

Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New job doesn't give me much time for anything else, but once things calm down I will be back out. I am actually going to be out in the mountains for the next week (not saying which mountains yet) for something very interesting. I can't really say anything until next week when I get back.

I will update you then.

Mike

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
New job doesn't give me much time for anything else, but once things calm down I will be back out. I am actually going to be out in the mountains for the next week (not saying which mountains yet) for something very interesting. I can't really say anything until next week when I get back.

I will update you then.

Mike

Good luck and good hunting amigo - hope you have success, even if it gets 'hairy'!

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor Don Jose……..now they have camelbacks, a backpack bladder with a hose so you can drink while moving about……..
With a little work, some insulation, you could convert this to a coffee camelback, thus allowing movement from chair and never to be without coffee and crow's coffee supplement.

: Michael-Robert.

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone know what Tuba is? Filipinos make this kind of wine all the time. It's usually a coconut or palm wine:) You can find it everywhere here. I remember one long trip about 100kms into the mountains for a long expedition here on Mindanao and just about every village we came upon had some kind of tube. No rice mind you, but maze and tuba.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
embrym

If I am not mistaken in Polynesian Micronesia and Melanesian it is called by various names but commonly known as Karva.

Crow

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tuba is an interesting drink, we made our own version of it by popping out one of the eyes of a green coco nut then slipping in a couple of tablespoons of sugar, plugging the hole, then placing it out n the sun until the plug blows off. It was ready.

The best was in 1942, we found an old Jap, err oriental galvanized wash tub. we filled it with misc Jap ??? Oriental spoiled food stock,scrounged scraps from our ,mess, and a overdue case of dried Apricots. We filed it with water and set it out in the Jungle to let it ferment for Christmas.

I periodically checked it and added water when necessary; It was a living, foaming thing of a strange and uncomfortable orange in which various bugs were committing sort Kamikaze but survive d the crash but were happily drowning wriggling their legs on their back.

Come Christmas we figure d it was ready. but since we had now way to distil it, we decided simple straining would do the trick.

we punched d a hole in the galvanized tub and let her drain. It smelled as it looked, horrible., But being brave defenders of liberty,we downed some,.

It actually tasted like dried Apricots, strange.

WE started our Christmas celebration.

It had a wierd effect, we felt apart from out physical bodies and merely observed ourselves. One man casually burned his dirl friend nsame on the innr surfce of his arm, ancnother took off running through the jungle yelling ike a banshee until we heard a sort of a splat and found him the next morninge wrapped arounf a tree; All in all it was a sucess, i think that it wold have been a the Mandang social club.

Most swore off any drinking.

I suspect that Crows. craw could handle it.

Last edited:

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would guess Señor Crow could handle this and more; but you know those crows and we shall only get hints…..he will never caw much of his exploits.
Senor Don Jose, that was an expense paid, prolonged vacation in 42 (courtesy of the US Army)?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread