TREASURE(S) HAUNTS

simplemaninpr

Nov 27, 2009
The Mountains of Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
The only two that come to mind are from the Outer Banks in NC. The one that walks along the shoreline with a lantern just before a hurricane and the one that is the ghost of Blackbeard in Ocracoke. Since I am originally from NC (chapel hill) I don't know anymore.

My brother and I were driving down one of the old back roads in our area when we both saw a woman's purse in the middle of the road. Thinking quick I slammed on the brakes and we got out to get it. Well, we searched all around but, never found it! Maybe it was a ghost purse left by the girl whom was said, to be hitching rides in the area that would vanish once she got in the back seat of the car. I don't know.

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
I have heard stories of ghosts coming to either workers or boarders staying in house's overnight.the
ghost would get the person's attention and lead them to a hidden stash of coins or documents hidden
in the house.wether the ghost is related to the items were not known.

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
simplemaninpr said:
The only two that come to mind are from the Outer Banks in NC. The one that walks along the shoreline with a lantern just before a hurricane and the one that is the ghost of Blackbeard in Ocracoke. Since I am originally from NC (chapel hill) I don't know anymore.

My brother and I were driving down one of the old back roads in our area when we both saw a woman's purse in the middle of the road. Thinking quick I slammed on the brakes and we got out to get it. Well, we searched all around but, never found it! Maybe it was a ghost purse left by the girl whom was said, to be hitching rides in the area that would vanish once she got in the back seat of the car. I don't know.

When I was younger, my friends had a practical joke that they pulled on passing motorist which went like this: One of their Mom's old purses would be placed in the middle of a rural road, at night, with stout nylon fishing string tied to it. The string would be placed across the road and looped around a tree, so when they pulled the purse, it would disappear into the brush on the side of the road opposite their hiding place. It was hilarious to watch people turn around, look for the purse, scratch their heads and drive off mystified. Now I am not saying this is what happened to you, but it is a possibility. :dontknow: Regards, Richard

Emileel

Jan 4, 2009
That kind of reminds me of the summer I was a camp counselor in maryland on the eastern shore. One saturday night after the previous weeks kids :dontknow:had checked out we all jumped into my chevette and headed into town for some beer and music. As we were driving along I saw what looked like an Igloo cooler sitting in the middle of the road. I slammed on the brakes and jumped out, ran over opened it and inside was an 8 pack of pony millers on ice, we tossed it in the car, and headed down the road where we had to slam on the brakes again to avoid a pickup truck that was going backwards towards us as if they were looking for something.....hmmmmmmm, paranormal? maybe but then again probably not! LOL :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread