Treasure Signs and Symbols 101

OP
OP
rangler

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
Ernie,
you said...Just a thought that stopped in my mind for a fleeting moment, it has been my thoughts that most all treasure symbols have more than one meaning, most have a hidden meaning,

That was some pretty clear thinking! In fact with my own personal knowledge and the input of a dowser who worked FOR the Catholic Church, recovering church artifacts, [he was allowed to keep any bullion bars or coins for his effort] Quite and interesting gentleman,
he was a Mexican of German descent whos' relatives where imported to Mexico in the 1600's as they were tin miners...he stated to me once, that ALL signs have three meanings as in the trinity...I can solve some of them to two meaning, and once in a great while, to three, but most are still in the single category...[this explains the X meaning a 10 distance, and a 'gift' under the rune alphabet] that begs the question what is the third meaning of the X...?

when the bear leaves his den at the end of winter, he stands at the cave entrance and looks for food...what is the 'food' of a treasure hunter...you got it! The bear also means a death trap in my experience...as the grizzly is the type of bear that the spanish would have encountered in north america.
I have one bear face carved on an 400 year old oak..he is looking at a certain compass bearing..then as you round the tree, a second bear face emerges and that bear is looking at a certain compass bearing with 3 degrees difference...when you plot these faces on the tree on a local topo map, and draw the lines of sight out...about a mile or so, they both
touch the top of a double hill..so perfectly..it is amazing..unfortunately the rancher who lives there has never trimmed the blackberry bushes and both hill tops are a mass of briars and tangles...I have often thought about knocking on his door but...I realized it is not fitting to cross a street just to kick a hornets nest..so this one is safe for now - from even me and my quest to make this recovery...maybe some day when I dont have as many options as I do right now, with plenty to recover.

Ernie, I know how you feel about not having enough time to do the things you want to do...let it be a reminder to the young bucks out there just starting that think they have all the time in the world..when really it goes so quick and fast, you wonder where did the years go. hell where did the decades go?
well for me, I know time flys..especially when you having fun..
God Bless you Ernie, I am you with just a few decades[minutes] to go..hhehehe
rangler

1C3.JPG
for those of you who think the Jesuits were not mining.... Physical evidence dated in time, showing not only were they mining, but mining and pouring silver bars with the then current dates on them....HA!

Howdy May

Apr 19, 2011
Here is the Jesse James rock I mentioned before. I thought you guys would like to see it! :)

Attachments

• JesseJames.jpg
    JesseJames.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 2,929

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Very unusual May,
Jessie usually didn't misspell his name.
He would almost always include his middle initial when he spelled it in this fashion.
There may be a message in this, most especially if there is other stuff around it.

Note,
please understand I'm not being detrimental of the picture, only suggesting that if it is misspelled as it is,
there may be a reason for it.

When Jessie put his name on something there was always a reason.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking the first and last names were "written" by 2 different people. If you look at the "E"s in Jesse, there is more space between the middle bar and the upper bar. But, in the last name the middle crossbar is closer to the top. That may sound too picky, but when we print our names, we tend to use the same techniques and basic shapes. As a matter of fact, capital "E"s usually are draw with LESS space between the middle and top bars instead of MORE. That visual balance is something most people use without really noticing.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Things we look for include the bar spacing on the E,
How about letter spacing in general,
Missing letters, unexplained punctuation.
Letter size and demeanor

Did you notice that the camera shows that the front peak of the "M" in James appears to have been made to look like another "A".

Most of the folks who have studied a bit about Mr J. W. James find a few surprises.
Both Jessie and Frank were well educated.
They were well versed in reading and writing the English language and knew their Bible by heart.
They knew how to spell.
Jessie was not just some illiterate farmer as most seem to think.
He was an accomplished surveyor and very good at math (ciphers as they called it back then)

Before I make opinions about the intellect of a character from the past
(usually because the decisions he made were poor in our estimation)
be aware of the reasons why he made the choices he made.
(Then I ask myself would I have turned out any different?)
Hmmmm not so sure
LOL

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
After following the trail of JJ for 16 years he was a LT with the KGC, Johnson county Ok, SE of Bromide 1-1/4 mile has 18 cache sites of 11000.00 each, he used letters of the alphabet mostly to reference numbers, 30 inch pace was his measurement, 5ft11 inch tall, feared no man or beast, there was 3 catch sites in the same area that had 2020 pounds of gold layed out in a triangle that the KGC got as payment ( taxes ) to a large party of men ( solders ) to stop a rebelion in Northern Mexico it took them 3 years to get the job done. It is my feeling's that JJ had his own thing going as far the money was concerned and that's why he was killed. This was the end of the trail for me and it is my opinion that the KGC moved it in the 1880's

ibaxman

Greenie
Apr 24, 2011
ok let me try this pic....
This is the beginning of my awareness due to a Kenworthy book found in a garage sale. Then, I noticed these symbols (more pics to follow). I will try to follow the trail if I can. The profile face is at the far right on the ridge.

Attachments

• 88.jpg
    88.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 1,289

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ibaxman:
You resize the photos with Paint or another photo manipulation application. Then upload it. The good size for the posts as about 850 pixels horizontal. That give a good size pic without having to use sliders.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ibaxman said:
Ok, cant figure this posting thing out...newbie ! How do I resize photos ???!!!

Nice picture. May want to walk around the two figure heads and take pictures.

ibaxman

Greenie
Apr 24, 2011
The blue-green light is a spot on the windshield... guts probably. This is taken on the 101 fwy in socal. There is no way to park here or hike from this spot. But this is a good overview of the starting point. I don't see a second face ? only the one at the top right of the ridge... the shadows play havoc in this terrain. The face on the ridge is looking north on the 101 "el camino real" or translated "King's Highway." In the bottom left of this pic you will see my other finds and then there are more as you travel north. I will post these and one is very interesting...

ibaxman

Greenie
Apr 24, 2011
Ok, here are the symbols in the lower left corner... this editing is a pain ! Close-ups to follow.

Attachments

• 88.jpg
    88.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,136

ibaxman

Greenie
Apr 24, 2011
#2 is a pointer to north on the 101 or the face at the top of the ridge. # 3 as you drive by looks like a cross but in the close-up photo its hard to tell. The black vertical lines dont make sense especially the one on the left - if it was caused by water it would travel all the way down the rock from the top. Here is a pic of # 3

Attachments

• P1000250.JPG
    P1000250.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 1,158

ibaxman

Greenie
Apr 24, 2011
#1 faces #2 and can only be seen driving south... It looks odd but can't tell if it is anything...what do you guys think ?

Attachments

• 248.JPG
    248.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 1,211
  • 247.JPG
    247.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 1,220

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread