Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP DÄ“us II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update..the symbols are definitely recent graffiti..pretty certain they are symbols of all different religions
They may be--IDK--but they fit a lot of other symbology as well. Try an image search of "symbology".

Where's Robert Langdon when we need him? 🤔

Joecoins

Mar 21, 2016
PEI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's some very interesting markings. You find them all nearby each other in same location. ?? Even if it is modern I'd be looking around there. Cool stuff

OP
OP
G

goldriver

Mar 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah they were all within 20 feet from each other

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
A word of caution on rock carvings. Corresponding roughly to the advent of the Internet Age and popular sites like TNet, there has been a surge in new "treasure sign carvings" created by pranksters and discovered by others. Whether intentionally pranked or not, these tend to put ideas in folks' heads that can be bogus. An old trick in fact. Below are a couple examples.

On the same geological feature, the first photo is "genuine", i.e. it is considerably eroded over many years. Its meaning may be speculative but its age is not in question. On the same feature close by are two new carvings. I know they were very recent because I'm very familiar with the feature, having been to the site numerous times. Nothing there one year, suddenly appearing the next. Both can of course be hopeful "treasure signs" - the famous heart and a churchy map thingy. Bottom line - be discerning.

Pointer.JPG

New heart.JPG

New cross north.JPG

Midden-marauder

Dec 10, 2023
I studied the occult pretty heavily in my younger years, some of these others you posted are alchemical or at least appear to be such. Possibly just cheesy new age graffiti, it's also possible it's a prank, likewise you may be in an area where the neo pagan community holds regular gatherings and some of them decided to put their mark on the rocks: look for a stone ring in the area, sometimes they have special ritual spots. This whole thing about treasure symbols carved randomly into rocks seems rather suspect to me, I want to see the epic treasures they supposedly point to, I have my doubts. I almost posted a prank photo of a rock formation I came across hiking the other day, it looked vaguely like a hippo's head with the tongue sticking out. Super secret treasure symbol! I decided not to because I didn't want to make fun but, yeah, take 'er with a grain of salt and don't assume the Spanish buried their gold anywhere in the area lol. These symbols probably refer to something other than treasure

Midden-marauder

Dec 10, 2023
Hell, if it is a neo pagan gathering location it might be worth MDing, if there was an identified ritual spot (the proposed stone ring) you can bet I'd be over there, pinpointer in hand, spade in the other looking for weird dropped goodies or possible buried ritual stuff. Signs of human activity might point to treasures of a different sort.

OP
OP
G

goldriver

Mar 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you must be correct because you knew about the stone circles. I found two on google satellite maps a few years ago. I’ve visited one of them. As for people showing off large found treasures..it doesn’t usually work out too well for them. I definitely take the Spanish treasure legend in this area with a grain of salt..it’s not usually what I’m searching for..there were multiple stage coach robbery stories from this area and that is usually what I’m searching for...most certainly I won’t find anything but it gets me hiking and I love the hunt.

OP
OP
G

goldriver

Mar 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a google maps screenshot of the larger circle

Attachments

• 270F0649-F843-4755-B290-0B6FABC15D53.jpeg
    270F0649-F843-4755-B290-0B6FABC15D53.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 12