AT GOlD
Deus
Deus II
AT Max
Equinox 800/900
Manticore (Current)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a feeling that today would bring something good and unusual. Just felt it.
I called up one of my forum buddies, Againdt the Wind and we head out to an old park that we have good intel and research. Past hunts had turned up large coppers and relics.
It was hot and humid but we managed a 7 hour hunt!
I had 17 wheats at the end of the day and had just watched ATW pull an amazing SLQ and a fine Washington.
I was ready to call it a day when I got a soft but repeatable signal. Sounded like a deep penny but decided to dig it anyway. Glad I did. Made my 7 hours worth it!

IMG_1155.JPG
IMG_1154.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 38

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Beautiful condition trime. Very nice score.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful looking Trime, congratulations! :occasion14:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, the elusive silver 3 cent piece. Very nice detail on this 1853 beauty. Big congrats on that tiny thin shiny target. I was fortunate enough to have one disturbed and brought to the surface in a construction sight several years ago. Glad you got to share that memory with a swell hunting buddy too. Life is good.:headbang:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In amazing shape. I'll probably never find one down here, but ya never know!

While not the rarest of coins it's probably the size and signal that keep these tiny little suckers in the dirt rather than being recovered. I think they fall into the pull tab range so many folks might ignore those wonderful tiny silver discoveries. Dig it ALL and I hope you can get one someday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread